Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by lorkers
Thank you! Just did - finally got an answer.

Was surprised to be told that they did look at it, back in November.

Supervisor thinks that maybe they thought the A3 was a typo, and changed the request to AE. That of course was a no (some Taiwanese airline?) , but naturally didn't bother telling me, and when I put in the request again, they just rejected it because they'd looked at it before. Weirdest excuse I've heard!

So now, five months later, they will finally now send in a request to Aegean. And I'll hear back in, you guessed, 4 weeks!

Sigh.
Stay on them even before the 4 weeks. A3 a 'typo'? Classic. If everything is in good order you could see the miles in a few days. A3 is not going to take 4 weeks to reply.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I've noticed my LH flights no longer seem to post unless I call. Always booked Y, UA flight numbers and UA tickets.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
I've noticed my LH flights no longer seem to post unless I call. Always booked Y, UA flight numbers and UA tickets.
I find that sometimes I need to submit an online request, but the miles show about a day or 2 afterwards.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
None of my LH flights have posted this year but when I submit the missing mileage request online (after waiting for the waiting period to pass) they post within 24-48 hours. A pain but not more than I generally anticipate from anything UA-related these days.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
My most recent AV flights posted a day before the separately ticketed UA flights I was connecting from/to.

On the other hand, my recent TG standby flight has not posted 23 days later; I'm psyching myself up for the battle ahead.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:46 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Any recent US experiences? I'm waiting on 2 segments. It's only been 4 days for the first segment, anyway.

Interesting to see how the PQDs got allocated. For a $540 base fare, UA had $370 on their flights and I am assuming the other $170 on the US flights. Given there were irrops on the UA flights, I am not expecting them to get the PQD right.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
On the other hand, my recent TG standby flight has not posted 23 days later; I'm psyching myself up for the battle ahead.
You're 8 days past being able to call it in!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
LH booked on LH.com from CDG-TXL in J posted within about 2.5 days.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
You're 8 days past being able to call it in!
I know. I need to go and dig out the BP. There's no point even getting started on this process until you've got your ammunition all lined up.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:55 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by exerda
Any recent US experiences? I'm waiting on 2 segments. It's only been 4 days for the first segment, anyway.

Interesting to see how the PQDs got allocated. For a $540 base fare, UA had $370 on their flights and I am assuming the other $170 on the US flights. Given there were irrops on the UA flights, I am not expecting them to get the PQD right.
The first US flight posted this evening, at a whopping 80 cpm. Too bad it was only 119 miles, or I'd be set for the year already.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
I know. I need to go and dig out the BP. There's no point even getting started on this process until you've got your ammunition all lined up.
No need to know your seat # anymore...just need your ticket #, they should be able to do the rest from there
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
No need to know your seat # anymore...just need your ticket #, they should be able to do the rest from there
Except they already credited the outbound. The inbound, I went standby a day before my scheduled return, and it hasn't credited. I know UA's first response will be that they already gave me credit for this ticket. Pretty sure it will take at least three e-mails and a pdf of my BP to get credit for the return.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:10 pm

2014 Timeframe for Miles to Post to UA M+ Account from Partner Flights?

Hello All -

Does anyone know whether codeshare flight miles take longer than expected to settle in UA MP accounts? I've had all my flights in a segment, including Lufthansa flights settle into my account within 2 days, however those flights booked as UA codeshare (but operated by Austrian) have not settled yet.

Yes I am aware that in this day of age, we are still slapped with the "takes 15 days to settle" excuse...and yes I have double checked that the booking fare class shown by the codeshare airline (United) matches with the operating carrier (Austrian) is eligible for miles...so that's not an issue.

Just wondering if so-called codeshare flights (ironically United) take longer to settle in UA MP accounts.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by LAXUAFF
Hello All -

Does anyone know whether codeshare flight miles take longer than expected to settle in UA MP accounts? I've had all my flights in a segment, including Lufthansa flights settle into my account within 2 days, however those flights booked as UA codeshare (but operated by Austrian) have not settled yet.

Yes I am aware that in this day of age, we are still slapped with the "takes 15 days to settle" excuse...and yes I have double checked that the booking fare class shown by the codeshare airline (United) matches with the operating carrier (Austrian) is eligible for miles...so that's not an issue.

Just wondering if so-called codeshare flights (ironically United) take longer to settle in UA MP accounts.
I too am missing some LH flights from about 10 days ago, and yes they were codeshares. I'm assuming I'll have to wait 5 more days before I can just call them to get them posted.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:26 pm

I flew on an Air New Zealand flight, L class, a while ago, and it never posted to my MP account (UA MP number is on the ticket). I tried posting a third request for the credit before I started calling, but this time it came back straight away as "not valid for mileage credit".

Is this likely to be correct? I've never failed to receive credit for this particular flight in the past, no idea on booking class though. Does anyone have a link to what booking classes from what airlines are eligible for mileage credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.