FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

vvortex1 Mar 11, 2012 10:11 pm

I called MP today (45-minute hold!) regarding a different issue and asked about the delays in posting miles as well. I was told it could take up to 15 days for UA/CO and longer for partner miles to post. But the system will be back to normal "soon."

LAXOGG Mar 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by vvortex1 (Post 18181873)
I called MP today (45-minute hold!) regarding a different issue and asked about the delays in posting miles as well. I was told it could take up to 15 days for UA/CO and longer for partner miles to post. But the system will be back to normal "soon."

Reminds me of Lucy on the chocolate factory line. Putting out one fire after another and getting further and further behind.

demkr Mar 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by LAXOGG (Post 18181883)
Reminds me of Lucy on the chocolate factory line. Putting out one fire after another and getting further and further behind.

Definitely a good way to describe the past week. :td::td::td:UA

Originally Posted by vvortex1 (Post 18181873)

I'm tired of them using that canned line. This is exactly the weakness with SHARES that we were afraid of. It was near impossible to get miles credited in a timely manner because of that 15 day nonsense from PMCO. The limitations of CO's inferior SHARES are clearly highlighted in this case as well--w/ FastAir, we typed in the ticket # on the old united.com, and the miles were instantly credited. With PMCO, they don't let you even touch anything for 15 days. Thats the minimum amount of time before they some agents even agree to LOOK at anything.

bsmnsr Mar 12, 2012 3:29 am

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 18172788)
Oh yes, seems to be taking 5 days. I originally thought it was merger integration issues, but the PMCO folks around here tell us it is feature of CO's IT system.

It's one of the "undocumented" features of the PMCO website. After status reciprocity was granted last year, I started earning miles exclusively on the MP card because they posted 24-48 hours after flight. The PMCO system took anywhere from 5-21 days to post. And, if miles were missing, it took 14-21 days for the CO to credit the miles AFTER waiting 30 days after the flight to make the request.

Pre merger, PMUA's website was far superior to PMCO's, in my opinion.

Now, we can only hope UA will implement a constant improvement system and make the "new" UA site better.

warreng24 Mar 12, 2012 5:26 am

Originally Posted by pviri (Post 18176441)
I flew on March 6 still not posted

Same here. My flights from the 6th have not posted.

mahme Mar 12, 2012 7:06 am

Request Missing Miles Credit: How is it taking?

I have requested mileage credit for Blue1 and Jet Airways flights.

Both requests were made on March 1st and I have still not been credited. The requests were made by e-mail to [email protected]. I have received an automated e-mail from Mileage Plus confirming receipt of my request.

How long should I expect this process to take?

UA-NYC Mar 12, 2012 7:25 am

No idea - it used to be online and automated, IME was only a few days.

Now with this "new" system, you have to e-mail everything in if it doesn't post (and SHARES struggles with this more than PMUA ever did), and then wait your time. Not even sure if I've seen any examples of missing miles requests go through post-3/3 yet.

ORDFlyer33 Mar 12, 2012 7:41 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 18183470)
Now with this "new" system, you have to e-mail everything in ...

I am going through this right now. The fun part of this new system which is obviously better than the old PMUA system, is trying to scan a mobile boarding pass which I used on my LH flights :confused::confused:

semifrequentflyer Mar 12, 2012 8:06 am

Originally Posted by ORDFlyer33 (Post 18183557)
I am going through this right now. The fun part of this new system which is obviously better than the old PMUA system, is trying to scan a mobile boarding pass which I used on my LH flights :confused::confused:

I wonder what happens if you use a mobile boarding pass and your miles don't credit? Because on the United iphone app the mobile boarding passes eventually disappear and the links to the email mobile boarding pass go dead as well.

prestonh Mar 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by scorp (Post 18178348)
similar thing
I flew on march 1 which was not posted.
but on march 4 after merger the return trip was posted .
When i requested credit it says already posted :(

I have the same issue. Just got through to MP after a 2 hour hold. Agent indicated the tapes (yes, she said tapes) have not yet been run for the flights that were posted to PMUA accounts just before the switch. My flights on 3/1 allegedly have been posted on the PMUA side but have thus yet to be transferred to the new account.

entropy Mar 12, 2012 6:07 pm

I flew on 3/4 on UA metal, UA ticket, using my OnePass #, no miles have posted.

great job CO!

scorp Mar 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by prestonh (Post 18187678)
I have the same issue. Just got through to MP after a 2 hour hold. Agent indicated the tapes (yes, she said tapes) have not yet been run for the flights that were posted to PMUA accounts just before the switch. My flights on 3/1 allegedly have been posted on the PMUA side but have thus yet to be transferred to the new account.

yes when i called MP yesterday. They said that miles are posted to old MP account and said it will be posted to new account within 24hrs.
still not yet posted.

nigos Mar 12, 2012 6:42 pm

UAL is shooting itself in the foot

Despite promises from the MP desk and at least two attempts to contact through the web site, I'm still waiting for international fit posting from March 3 and March 8. I now regret having three more reservations in the hopper - one is another premium international fit.
And I need to make two additional reservations for premium international travel next month but I'm reluctant to do that on UAL until they resolve this mess. If predictions about taking 15 -45 days to resolve these problems hold true, I don't think I'll wait for UAL to get their act together. There is still 9 months left to quality on other carriers.

demkr Mar 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Hello fellow mileage is missing-ers!

From UA Insider's post in this thread, it looks like the mileage posting process was turned off again to reapply the correct mileage between city pairs. She said it will be turned on again tomorrow for flights since 3/6.

Now, my flight pre-3/6 did not post but that was due to the ON/R issue. That was apparently fixed and hopefully I'll see that credited along with the others.