FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

nikolastojsin Jul 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by JBord (Post 23201813)
I'm relieved to see there's an issue with LH. I've often seen them post faster than UA flights in the past, and was worried about my 7/4 flight.

However, I'm unclear reading recent posts. Has anyone had the miles post without calling, or is the consensus that they won't post until I call (after the 15 day waiting period)?

Single data point, but my LH flight from last week posted (with PQDs) within a day - in fact, a day earlier than my UA flight flown the same day... Remember being (pleasantly!) surprised... Ticket was on 016 stock.

EDIT: additional data point - my SO's LH ticket (NOT on 016) posted within 24 hours as well (no PQDs, obviously). Go figure.

exerda Jul 16, 2014 7:46 pm

I'm still waiting on: 7/11 LH, 7/13 OS. 7/10 UA and 7/13 AC have posted from my recent trip. I'm not holding my breath on the LH segment and am resigned to having to manually request it once .bomb will actually allow me to do so...

hauteboy Jul 16, 2014 7:52 pm

another UA-codeshare on LH not posting... my MUC-ORD flight on 7/6 did not post. The MLA-MUC and ORD-AUS flights posted no problems.

SilverChris Jul 17, 2014 3:44 am

A couple of Air China flights didn't credit for me. Before anyone jumps on this: Yes, the booking classes are eligible for miles.

Tried claiming using the online form but a few weeks have passed and I got no response. Guess I'll have to send them an email with copies of the BPs. Do I need to attach the e-ticket as well?

Is it normal for them to respond/acknowledge claims?

Lastly, should I fax or email to get a faster response?

MTIA :)

Flying Machine Jul 17, 2014 7:27 am

[QUOTE=SilverChris;23210383]A couple of Air China flights didn't credit for me. Before anyone jumps on this: Yes, the booking classes are eligible for miles.

Tried claiming using the online form but a few weeks have passed and I got no response. Guess I'll have to send them an email with copies of the BPs. Do I need to attach the e-ticket as well?

Is it normal for them to respond/acknowledge claims?

Lastly, should I fax or email to get a faster response?

MTIA :)[/QUOT

Sending E Ticket and BP's Via Email had worked well for me. Recap all Flights in the body of the email that you are seeking credit for. Good luck and Safe Travels

exerda Jul 17, 2014 8:41 am

Calling also will work well in many cases.

IAATM Jul 17, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks, Flying Machine!

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 23178234)
Yes, in a case like this call the Premier Number on the back of your card and request to speak with the Mileage Plus Service Center...Let us know how it works out. ..

You were spot on! I called the MPSC back on Monday (July 14) and spoke to a rep, who said that she "saw in the sytem" that UA had sent the request to A3 a total of three times, going back to June 6th. She said that she would submit again, too.

Suddenly, last night (July 16th) the miles suddenly posted, and now all is good.

Thanks again for the suggestion to call the MPSC, instead of relying on the website and 1K voice internet options.

Flying Machine Jul 18, 2014 9:57 am

Originally Posted by IAATM (Post 23212054)
You were spot on! I called the MPSC back on Monday (July 14) and spoke to a rep, who said that she "saw in the sytem" that UA had sent the request to A3 a total of three times, going back to June 6th. She said that she would submit again, too.

Suddenly, last night (July 16th) the miles suddenly posted, and now all is good.

Thanks again for the suggestion to call the MPSC, instead of relying on the website and 1K voice internet options.

Happy to know that it all worked out! Safe Travels..

exerda Jul 18, 2014 10:02 am

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 23208923)
I'm still waiting on: 7/11 LH, 7/13 OS. 7/10 UA and 7/13 AC have posted from my recent trip. I'm not holding my breath on the LH segment and am resigned to having to manually request it once .bomb will actually allow me to do so...

AC showed up yesterday. We're a week now without LH, and 5 days for OS. Sigh.

SilverChris Jul 18, 2014 11:47 pm

If the partner airline doesn't respond to the claim, can UA manually credit the miles?

WineCountryUA Jul 19, 2014 1:12 am

Originally Posted by SilverChris (Post 23221261)
If the partner airline doesn't respond to the claim, can UA manually credit the miles?

Can UA - yes, will UA - that will depend (I have had it go both ways)

SilverChris Jul 20, 2014 9:14 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 23221377)
Can UA - yes, will UA - that will depend (I have had it go both ways)

My claim with CA was rejected, apparently because my name was "not on the passenger list".

UA claims there's nothing they can do while CA keeps pointing the finger back at UA saying it's their problem as I'm claiming with UA.

Any ideas on how to convince UA to credit my miles?

zebranz Jul 20, 2014 8:03 pm

2 LH flights from 3 July not posted yet. Have requested on .bomb both under the UA ticket/flight numbers and the LH (partner- wait 15 days) flight numbers. Will advise if/when posted.

Requested 15 July for UA as carrier, 18 July for LH (partner claim)- credit received on 20 July

JBord Jul 23, 2014 4:14 pm

I submitted mileage requests for 2 LH flights today, after the 15 day wait period. Its one ticket, on 016 stock.

While typing the info into UA.com, I noticed something I thought was strange. On the boarding pass for segment 1, checked in and printed at UA.com, the ticket number on the boarding pass has an extra "4" at the end. It doesn't match the receipt. Segment 2, from LH kiosk has the correct ticket number. Everything else looks fine on both otherwise.

I've never paid attention to this before, but could the extra number be causing the mileage credit issue? Or is this somehow normal on the BP? Anyone else notice this?

FTstudent Jul 23, 2014 5:02 pm

It would be pretty cool if we FTers could piece together the pattern, and then come up with the trick to avoid the issue.

So with that, here's my data point off of BPs
01624031208380 - OLCI
0162403120838 - Airport LH check-in counter (FCO)
0162403120839 - Ask GA to print at a gate that wasn't busy (IAD)

Unfortunately, only deepens the mystery. (I scan my BPs after a trip)