FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

pindi Jun 24, 2015 9:26 am

How long for COPA miles to post?

Hi all,
What has been your experience with miles posting for COPA flights?

My flights on COPA haven't posted yet to my MP account - first flight was 10 day ago. Is this normal? My Lot Polish miles posted within 3 days... COPA still being on MP, I'm surprised it is taking them this long. Just wanted to check here before filing a missing credit claim.

Thanks!

Pookie1794 Jun 24, 2015 12:12 pm

@pindi... I fly them every month and they always post within 3-5 business days. In the rare occasion they don't post, after filing a missing credit claim they usually posted within 3 business days. FYI- the PQD take FOREVER to post. Usually 1.5 months.

rankourabu Jun 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by pindi (Post 25020391)
Hi all,
What has been your experience with miles posting for COPA flights?

My flights on COPA haven't posted yet to my MP account - first flight was 10 day ago. Is this normal? My Lot Polish miles posted within 3 days... COPA still being on MP, I'm surprised it is taking them this long. Just wanted to check here before filing a missing credit claim.

Thanks!

I am on 8 days from Copa as well.

Nothing can be done until 15 days I guess.

pindi Jun 28, 2015 7:17 am

Finally, my Copa miles posted. Unfortunately, I don't see any status bonuses - just base miles. Is this correct? Did status bonuses go away on Copa? Also, the PQDs column says "Processed monthly". I guess I just have to wait it out for them to post.

rankourabu Jun 28, 2015 9:17 am

Originally Posted by pindi (Post 25038163)
Finally, my Copa miles posted. Unfortunately, I don't see any status bonuses - just base miles. Is this correct? Did status bonuses go away on Copa? Also, the PQDs column says "Processed monthly". I guess I just have to wait it out for them to post.

Yes, that is correct. No bonuses.
Mine posted after 10 days, both for outbound (10 days) and inbound (5 days) at the same time

Dont care about PQD, but same message.

DCEsquire Jul 9, 2015 7:42 am

Here we go again. PDX-IAH posted 5 days ago ..but the IAH-DCA leg did not. Second time this year I've had issues. Not sure what's up at UA!

RaflW Jul 9, 2015 9:28 pm

Am I using the correct language with MP, and does it matter?

Here is the situation. We booked a trip to Italy last year on 016 ticket stock, 3 legs on UA metal, 2 legs on LH. I had an MP account and included it in the booking. My miles posted OK for all 5 legs.

Many months later, after bugging my s.o. several times, he had by then (after the Italy trip) created an MP account, earned some miles for other trips, and I said 'let's request credit for that Italy trip, it was a lot of miles.'

We did the form and he got credit for the three UA segments which was a nice chunk of miles (flown on a P fare). But nada for him for the LH-operated segments. OK, so procrastination again, and now we're down to 3 weeks from the 12 month window.

This morning (with my coaching) he used the email form to send in scans of the two LH boarding passes and a scan of the emailed receipt of the 016 ticket purchase and a cover note asking for MP credit for these codeshare flights.

This eve he got an email back saying, in part:

If your mileage has not posted after 15 days, it may be that your flights are not eligible for credit. No notice will be sent if our partner rejects the mileage request. For complete accrual details, please visit the Airline Partners and Global Alliances page and click on the appropriate airline name/logo.

If you feel this is in error, we will require a copy of your ticket receipt in addition to your boarding passes to submit to the partner. Please submit these documents, along with your MileagePlus account number, at www.united.com/ContactMP

Please note: Our partners will not accept requests for flights more than 12 months after the travel date, regardless of the original date of submission.
So, am I misunderstanding? When they say partner credit, I think of that as if we had flown LH on LH stock, rather than a codeshare. Is that not what the email back to us means? Are they just checking w. LH to be sure he really flew and then UA will issue the miles?

And they say we would need to send in the receipt, though I already did, if I think they are in error. In error about requesting partner credit?? Or if I think it's an error if in 15 days no miles post?

Do I need to call in/have him call in? We don't want to go thru bureaucratic heck for it, but it is about 4,800 RDMs that I got and he so far hasn't.

Thanks for any guidance.

WineCountryUA Jul 9, 2015 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by RaflW (Post 25095377)
So, am I misunderstanding? When they say partner credit, I think of that as if we had flown LH on LH stock, rather than a codeshare. Is that not what the email back to us means? Are they just checking w. LH to be sure he really flew and then UA will issue the miles?

And they say we would need to send in the receipt, though I already did, if I think they are in error. In error about requesting partner credit?? Or if I think it's an error if in 15 days no miles post?

Do I need to call in/have him call in? We don't want to go thru bureaucratic heck for it, but it is about 4,800 RDMs that I got and he so far hasn't.

Thanks for any guidance.

The e-mail you received is the standard auto-reply for any partner flight request.

In Star Alliance, the flight operator (regardless of how coded) determines credit {since March 2015 the number of miles does depend on ticket stock but you flight appears to have been before that change}. So LH will need to authorize the mileage.

tapeguy Jul 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Missing miles from LAX, does this happen to you?

Three trips in the last month all originating from LAX. In all cases the first leg from LAX the mileage never posts until I send in a missing mileage claim. Two trips were domestic, one international. All segments posted without an issues, except the first from LAX.

Anyone else having this problem?

cfischer Jul 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by tapeguy (Post 25106256)
Three trips in the last month all originating from LAX. In all cases the first leg from LAX the mileage never posts until I send in a missing mileage claim. Two trips were domestic, one international. All segments posted without an issues, except the first from LAX.

That's bizarre. I assume all was UA metal?

username Jul 13, 2015 9:37 am

A few posts up, I mentioned I had 3 consecutive one way trips only posting half way (1 out of 2 segments on each trip). Others seem to have similar problems. I have not flown on UA revenue ticket since late June so I am not sure what is the latest. I did a missing mileage request for the first problem and it was fixed. Have not gotten around to the 2nd and 3rd problems.

tapeguy Jul 13, 2015 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 25107286)
That's bizarre. I assume all was UA metal?

Yes, all United metal

bartmas777 Jul 13, 2015 1:18 pm

I get shorted a segment on almost every single trip I take (weekly). I live and Dallas and usually have at least 1 of the 4 segments a week I have to request credit for. 99% of the time it is the initial DFW-IAH segment... however this past week it was my SEA-IAH segment.

Quite annoying really.

FlyHighInTheSky Jul 13, 2015 4:55 pm

I flew a trip back on June 10th - 17th with the following itinerary:

Wed, 10 June 2015 - UA5367 - M Class
SACRAMENTO, CA (SMF) 12:01 PM
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (SFO) 12:57 PM

Wed, 10 June 2015 - UA903 - S Class
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (SFO) 2:00 PM
FRANKFURT, GERMANY (FRA) 9:55 AM (11JUN)

Thu, 11 June 2015 - LH1060 - S Class
FRANKFURT, GERMANY (FRA) 12:20 PM
NICE, FRANCE (NCE) 1:50 PM

Wed, 17 June 2015 - UA8668 - L Class
NICE, FRANCE (NCE) 12:30 PM
MONTREAL, QC CANADA (YUL - TRUDEAU) 2:55 PM

Wed, 17 June 2015 - UA8687 - L Class
MONTREAL, QC CANADA (YUL - TRUDEAU) 5:45 PM
CHICAGO, IL (ORD - O'HARE) 7:04 PM

Wed, 17 June 2015 - UA1915 - L Class
CHICAGO, IL (ORD - O'HARE) 8:05 PM
SACRAMENTO, CA (SMF) 10:31 PM

All PQM and PQD have been posted except those from the last leg (ORD->SMF). I've requested credit for them 4 times now and still nothing is showing. What should I do?

*EDIT* Called the mileageplus help desk and got it taken care of. That was one of the most pleasant service calls i've ever had (first time calling the Mileageplus help line).

IL-18 Jul 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Similar. Last week SFO/LAX/SFO. The outbound leg posted the next day, still waiting for the return flight to post (6 days and counting).