FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

limey1K Mar 13, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm missing 6 segments since 3/3 and when I make a Missing Mileage Request on the website, here's what I get:

We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

Ticket Number Request Status
016213946XXXX

This ticket number can not be verified. Please return to Mileage Credit Request and enter a valid ticket number. Or you may contact the MileagePlus Service Center at 1-800-421-4655

I am really trying to avoid making a call.

awc4 Mar 13, 2012 10:41 pm

This may explain why I haven't seen any updated postings of flights I've taken since 3/3. I also have a BD flight from late February that also hasn't posted.

LeviFlight Mar 13, 2012 11:42 pm

I think we just all need to chill a bit. Miles that are a few days late is a minor issue to be stressing over. Irritating, yes; important no. There are folks here complaining about 3/6 for goodness sakes. Keep the back up and it will get sorted in time. And stop phoning them with trivial issues, let them concentrate on bigger issues - like your upgrade, or seat.

JayhawkCO Mar 14, 2012 12:01 am

I've flown six flights since the merger. The two on 3/4 where my upgrade DIDN'T clear posted. The two on 3/4 where my upgrade DID clear DIDN'T post. I'm assuming that's why I haven't gotten credit for those. And looks like they shut it down on 3/6 for anything further onward from that point, and neither my non-upgraded 3/5 flight nor my non-upgraded 3/6 flight have posted.

Chris

RobOnLI Mar 14, 2012 12:08 am

As has been discussed on so many threads on this board..the mileage crediting system was TURNED OFF again on March 6th. No flights from 3/6 and beyond should have posted. It's back on but it will take days to process the backlog.

Personally, I'm still missing flights from 3/7. I don't know if they process this data by date, flight #, destination, whatever. So it will take days and I'd suggest everyone wait and give it time. If you don't need the miles right away for an award ticket, that is...

Edit: Literally in the last hour my PQM total is finally correct. I had two flights on 3/5 post but they didn't tally in my PQM. So the process is clearly back on but will take a while. My 3/7 flights haven't posted yet. There is hope people.

-RM

UA_Flyer Mar 14, 2012 4:45 am

None of my LH flights taken from last week have been posted

demkr Mar 14, 2012 4:50 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Nothing posted as of early this morning for me either

UA-NYC Mar 14, 2012 6:11 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 18197065)
As has been discussed on so many threads on this board..the mileage crediting system was TURNED OFF again on March 6th. No flights from 3/6 and beyond should have posted. It's back on but it will take days to process the backlog.

I've heard this too, but this I don't get - are they short of hamsters that power the SHARES servers? Are the computers simply not fast enough to process that many transactions in a day? Is every OAL flight request now processed manually?

It's not like they're modeling weather systems or anything that takes a lot of computer power - they're crediting flights.

scorp Mar 14, 2012 6:50 am

Originally Posted by scorp (Post 18178348)
similar thing
I flew on march 1 which was not posted.
but on march 4 after merger the return trip was posted .
When i requested credit it says already posted :(

atlast they posted the miles for MArch1
still missing last weeks roundtrip. In this pace expecting it would take 10 days :td::td:
old UA ^^

gdemander Mar 14, 2012 7:47 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 18197952)
Are the computers simply not fast enough to process that many transactions in a day?

It's not like they're modeling weather systems or anything that takes a lot of computer power - they're crediting flights.

If I were to guess, I would say this one. Their computers aren't being used for only crediting flights, so they have to be used for normal operations plus the additional backlog. And it isn't just a few flights, it would be a lot of flights. Plus there may be some sort of QA process to ensure things are happening correctly. All of this would put additional strain on capacity and probably slow things down.

jczinn Mar 14, 2012 7:50 am

My spouse and I flew on 2/25 on Copa PTY to JFK and have still not received mileage. Oddly I did get the mileage quite quickly for our 2/18 flight to PTY. When I try to email [email protected] I get "delivery failure." I guess I will just have to wait a week or so and try again, unless someone has a different email I could try...

tcc_dc Mar 14, 2012 9:04 am

Just want to vent with everyone else...

My miles from my LH in February from FRA-Malabo-ABJ have still not posted.

And my flight last week on 3/5 from DCA to ORD has not posted, and I had all kinds of issues at the airport that day. They ended up issuing me a paper ticket at the airport to make my flight so I did not miss my connection to Seoul on Asiana.

I assume I will see the Asiana miles in 2 years:(

as219 Mar 14, 2012 9:14 am

Originally Posted by LeviFlight (Post 18196974)
I think we just all need to chill a bit. Miles that are a few days late is a minor issue to be stressing over. Irritating, yes; important no. There are folks here complaining about 3/6 for goodness sakes. Keep the back up and it will get sorted in time. And stop phoning them with trivial issues, let them concentrate on bigger issues - like your upgrade, or seat.

That's all well and good, but as I'm sitting here waiting for recent flights to post, I'm watching specific award inventory I need dry up. Perhaps not important to you, but to some of us, yes, it is.

WIRunner Mar 14, 2012 9:29 am

Still missing my credit for flights on 3/6. Went online last night to request a missing flight credit, but apparently it was already credited. Not sure to where, but i'm guessing I should charge the phone and headset up for tonight.

Worldbuilder Mar 14, 2012 9:45 am

I have not had any miles post since 3/2 - and I've done several cross country trips in that time.

I'll give it another few days, and then start dialing.

FWIW, I'm just astounded at the lack of preparation UA seemingly undertook in support of this integration. They've had such a long time to plan and prepare for it, and it just seems silly that "go live" has caused THIS much pain. Didn't they TEST the system for these kinds of things before going live?