Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is [Consolidated]UA/Partner flights miles not posting?

If a United / United Express flight has not posted within 5 days, you may request missing flight credit
Go to the bottom of the page and sign-in into your account
You will need the e-ticket number.
Requests may be submitted up to 12 months after the date of your flight.

For missing flight partner credit you will need to wait 15 7 days.
For any segment operated by a Star Alliance partner airline, Aer Lingus or Jet Airway, you’ll need to enter additional information along with the ticket number.

For missing non-flight partner credit you will need to wait 8 weeks before requesting missing credit

related thread: Retroactive flight credit for new MP account
UA claims I was a "no show" , cancelled rest of itin -- but I did actually fly!!!
For the archive of previous posts: Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: HHonors:Gold,Marriot:Silver,United:Gold, Delta:Gold
Delays in EQS processing

I've got 52 EQS and I'm nearly gold. However, my flights SXM-CLT [US Airways] on 3 Nov, and a weekly set of flights on 12 Nov, 16 Nov (4 total, also US Airways). Haven't shown up. Usually flights show up on my account within 4 days. Has anyone else had a recent issue with this? Should I call the silver elite line about this issue? Are there any recommendations on what to do about this? The tickets that I have included my FF number.

Also, the SXM-CLT I did a buy up to FC. I'm not sure if that helps.

EDIT: Non-airline activity is posting miles.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
there is a long line of others with the same issue, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-thread.html

first step is to use on the online "miles not posted" link -- need to wait 15 days
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: UA Plat
Missing Partner Miles for Silver Qualification

Last week flew IAH-FRA-LIN on LH (Nov 13). The IAH-FRA leg put me over for silver qualification but obviously it doesn't post right away.

So in theory, I would begin to accrue bonus miles on my subsequent flights on that itinerary, correct? FRA-LIN, LIN-FRA, FRA-IAH. Just checked my account today and my return flights from Nov. 16 posted first: LIN-FRA (which wasn't enough to get me to silver), and then FRA-IAH which did get me to silver. However my Nov. 13 outbound flights haven't posted at all.

Anyone have any experience in getting United to sort out the order of the flights so the bonus miles are applied properly? Just want to know if it's worth my time on the phone.

Thank you!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by 1liketofly
Yes, FWFDAN, what you did sounds correct However, code shares have a nasty surprise if you do not check the fare class.
Was in business - Z on both UA marketed and NH operated flight.

Another quick question - does the online submission not send an acknowlegement of the request? I have not heard anything from my submission.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/Million Miler; Mileage Plus Platinum; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum; Hilton Silver
15 days later.. still waiting on LH flights to post
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by BallyLoser
Give MP a call, that usually fixes it.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by fwfdan

Another quick question - does the online submission not send an acknowlegement of the request? I have not heard anything from my submission.
I don't believe that it does. I have print outs from AA confirming mileage requests (which came via email) and other carriers have confirmed via email as well. With UA I have a lot of handwritten notes.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by TMtraveler
Last week flew IAH-FRA-LIN on LH (Nov 13). The IAH-FRA leg put me over for silver qualification but obviously it doesn't post right away.

So in theory, I would begin to accrue bonus miles on my subsequent flights on that itinerary, correct? FRA-LIN, LIN-FRA, FRA-IAH. Just checked my account today and my return flights from Nov. 16 posted first: LIN-FRA (which wasn't enough to get me to silver), and then FRA-IAH which did get me to silver. However my Nov. 13 outbound flights haven't posted at all.

Anyone have any experience in getting United to sort out the order of the flights so the bonus miles are applied properly? Just want to know if it's worth my time on the phone.

Thank you!
I have experience pre merger and they got it all sorted, but no experience post merger.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus

Hah! Definitely it does not! Your request goes into a 'black hole'. The web page instructs you to print your page and wait for another 15 days. Even though the UA computer could send a message to the *A partner in seconds or less, you are told to wait.

I cannot see one 'control' around this process - and believe me I have looked. It is a broken process, and UA management is busy trying to create new 'products' to sell you and not fix the ones they already have.

I think it is a way to increase the breakage rate [mileage sold but never redeemed]. Only the FF loses out.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
Submitted my 2 USAir from 11-5 today. US agent was A big help with fare class so hope they get credited soon.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by BallyLoser
Just finished getting 2 laggard legs to post - waited the 15 days, did the form, got the miles approx 5 days later. One go per missing leg (they were on separate days). Kinda makes me think that a good % of pax will never claim.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
OK, I'm going to do something which some consider forbidden fruit for whatever reason, but here goes:

UA Insider, please let us know if/when automatic crediting of *A miles to MP will resume (save for the few exceptions that seem to slip through and magically get credited).

Thank you.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA-1K, DL-nothing
Nope. As you submit the form, there is a statement there that you will receive neither acknowledgement nor further communications on the issue. You have to check on our own.

My LH flights usually post quickly, sometimes sooner than the UA flight that connects me. But my flight from BUD to MUC on the 1st of November didn't. After two weeks, I requested the credit online and it posted this week. Disappointing and not clear why things have take a turn for the worse this month. Hoping things improve for my next trips...(but not holding my breath).
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Zouf
Kinda makes me think that a good % of pax will never claim.
that's the idea. makes status/awards harder to earn unless you micromanage it, along with schedule changes, random seat reassignments, etc, etc. pretty...spectacular! :-: isn't it?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
You are a founding member of the Star Alliance. If you are part of the Star Alliance, you have to allow crediting of Star Alliance flights to your mileage program (though I of course know know how much credit may vary by carrier). You can't just only allow US Airways flights to credit, and not allow anyone else's, forcing your loyal flyers to continually wait out their mandatory 15 days, then tie up valuable agent time trying to get the miles posted (or make us deal with a wonky mileage submission link online).

I know you like SHARES as it offers dynamic pricing!!! (as evidenced in the cheap UG offers non-loyal flyers get), but you have to do the little things too - such as credit partner flights. It's not that difficult - PMUA did it, AA/DL find ways to do it easily, even CO wasn't this bad at it. I hope you can find it in your heart to start re-allowing these miles to credit to Mileage Plus, a formerly great, now still pretty good mileage program. Thank you.

Sincerely,
UA-NYC
Can I sign in on this letter as well?

Thank you for the welcome!

I think the missing mileage credit may relate to changes made in June and not the March merger madness.
I had problems with TG starting in March. You might well be correct and mine an aberation but it is a data point contrary to your hypothesis.

And another welcome to FT, belatedly.

Yes, FWFDAN, what you did sounds correct However, code shares have a nasty surprise if you do not check the fare class. see these links for more information.
Except for minimal flights (Japan to India/Australia) IIRC all NH flights credit to UA MP. Or they are supposed to at least.

Has anyone credited Thai Smile to UA yet? Had a flight that's now 10 days past without credit. I've been having so many problems with TG crediting this year that it could be the same ol' same ol'. It could also be that I'm in need of an uphill climb because it's a Thai Smile* flight.

*NB: still under the TG code and all my *A privileges were given.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.