Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:18 pm

Hello! Has anyone (who is a member of the United.com Club) had trouble with getting the $5.00 credits after travel completed? My last several trips the credit has not deposited. I've sent several emails with each time receiving the standard apologetic response but no credit. I'm about to file a DOT complaint. At first, I thought it might have been an issue with two of the trips having partner segments (somewhere I read that any PNR that is not wholly United/United Express should not qualify); however, I had a paid ticket, wholly on United, where I was the solo traveler, no changes made, and I still did not receive credit. This is very frustrating as it is just another example of United not doing what they say they are going to do.

SAP
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
I swear that I am not making this up - In the past any United award reservations (on UA marketed and operated flights) qualified for United.com club benefits ($5 pp). I took 3 award flights (a couple of weeks ago) and these credits still have not shown up in my account. I still have my United.com club membership valid until April 2020. Advice on whether award bookings still qualify?
Award travel should still qualify for $5 credit per ticket.
Agree, but the system has always been sensitive to schedule changes / PNR splitting and those regular disrupt the bonus

Have you emailed UA yet?
Us the email in the thread wiki, not the standard CS emails.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by SAPriorityTag
Hello! Has anyone (who is a member of the United.com Club) had trouble with getting the $5.00 credits after travel completed? My last several trips the credit has not deposited. I've sent several emails with each time receiving the standard apologetic response but no credit. I'm about to file a DOT complaint. At first, I thought it might have been an issue with two of the trips having partner segments (somewhere I read that any PNR that is not wholly United/United Express should not qualify); however, I had a paid ticket, wholly on United, where I was the solo traveler, no changes made, and I still did not receive credit. This is very frustrating as it is just another example of United not doing what they say they are going to do.

SAP
In the event that the credit doesn't post after a trip for whatever reason (probably only around 10% of the time in my case), I've used the email in the wiki and the credits eventually post without issue within a week or so.

Doesn't matter who operates the flights. I've gotten the $5 credit on award tickets without any UA segments.

Also, were your trips originally purchased on united.com? Reservations made through OTAs, or even UA phone agents I believe, technically do not qualify.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Plat
I've got a new one!

Anybody ever get extra credits? My mom and I took a few flights last month (award for her and paid for me) and miraculous all of the credits posted automatically. In fact, some were for $10, $15, or $20. The only explanation I can think of is we were FIMed over to AS and then rebooked back so maybe the system saw 3 or 4 tickets in those PNRs (we were also WLed for I/PZ class). The $10 ticket was a JN award with a coach segment WLed that did not clear so that might account for the extra $5. But our other WLed flights didn't earn extra $. Anyways, won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

As an aside, Plan B or even Plan A (MUAs) does not work domestically! None of our freaking upgrades cleared so we were stuck in coach for the long segments (which included a middle blue seat and even a middle white seat for me!). I did get 2 short CPUs though. My itin for those of you who care was PWM-IAD-SFO//SFO-OGG//OGG-SFO-SAN//SAN-IAD-PWM.

Edit: After much thought, I think I have it worked out. Every (award) PNR that was waitlisted for I or JN had an extra ticket. Every (cash) PNR waitlisted for PZ did not. The rebook on Alaska added 2 extra tickets for a total of 3 (UA, AS, UA). So this model would account for all of the behavior for this trip. The odd thing is that waitlisting for I has never resulted in extra tickets/payouts previously.

Last edited by sexykitten7; Sep 13, 2019 at 8:30 pm
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I actually received $100 somehow for my family of 4 to Hawaii on award tickets in july. I have no idea where that amount came from. We used the excursionist perk for an inter island flight, but that still doesn’t add up.
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sexykitten7
Anybody ever get extra credits?
Yes, I've noticed a few since they announced the end of the program. No rhyme or reason that I can see.
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:17 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jsloan
Yes, I've noticed a few since they announced the end of the program. No rhyme or reason that I can see.
Ditto. Random.

Just got my last $10 (two of us) on the final itinerary that was booked before my membership expired. It was a good run TravelBank.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Travelbank onscreen payment option

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Still not showing for me

For a simple domestic RT in 2 weeks

Originally Posted by LIH
I have it show for certain attempted bookings and not for others. Yesterday my outbound ORD > LGA flight allowed me the option and then the return LGA > ORD OW did not.

As a UA IT girl once said to me "must be the gremlins".
Originally Posted by jamesinclair
I got it sorted out over the phone but it took like an hour.

The agent insisted that since she could see it on her screen, it was on mine.

Literally had to read every word on the page for her before she agreed to just apply the funds to my reservation.

But it's done.
Travelbank funds online payment option, while logged into your account prior to select your itin, is mostly fixed as of this week. If you run into problems of not showing, follow the steps below.

I got experienced web support IT guy who stayed online with me for 30 minutes to troubleshoot this issue, and finally worked to use some of my Travelbank funds for ticket, without having him do any manual input. Works with Windows PC in various browser modes. Sometimes does not work in iPhone / iPad Safari mode.

(Step 1) Go to United.com but do not log into your account.
(Step 2) Enter your itin and continue
(Step 3) When prompted with pop-up message to enter account info, ignore and select “continue as guest”
(Step 4) At traveler profile page, fill in manually your info
(Step 5) At seat assignment page, select seats or skip to payment page
(Step 6) At Payment page, select “United payment type” below section on credit cards. You should see tab for “United Travelbank cash sign-in” next to Redemption Options tab.
(Step 7) Now log into your account. Travelbank onscreen payment option appears with funds from your Travelbank

Last edited by npei; Oct 10, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:15 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
I assumed this was dead back in march since it never renewed or charged me, but had a look at my account to see when my balance was expiring, and it looks like my club membership is still active till 2020 AND I've been earning $$...?
Anyones else?

Last edited by mr8; Nov 15, 2019 at 11:24 pm
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mr8
I assumed this was dead back in march since it never renewed or charged me, but had a look at my account to see when my balance was expiring, and it looks like my club membership is still active till 2020 AND I've been earning $$...?
Anyones else?
yes. I believe that’s my expiry date as well.

Do you have United TravelBank card? I believe their with the card aren’t charged the annual fee for Unifed.com Club - at least I haven’t since I got the card, and neither has my wife. I was always charged before this.

unfortunately, the Club is gone for good after this year. Though just as well, with the announced MP changes this year, including the fact that there is no incentive to sue the TB card as it won’t help toward partial PQP waiver, I’m almost certainly going to be choosing on schedule/price/convenience instead of almost always choosing UA, so might not be worth it anymore.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:05 am
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe
yes. I believe that’s my expiry date as well.

Do you have United TravelBank card? I believe their with the card aren’t charged the annual fee for Unifed.com Club - at least I haven’t since I got the card, and neither has my wife. I was always charged before this.

unfortunately, the Club is gone for good after this year. Though just as well, with the announced MP changes this year, including the fact that there is no incentive to sue the TB card as it won’t help toward partial PQP waiver, I’m almost certainly going to be choosing on schedule/price/convenience instead of almost always choosing UA, so might not be worth it anymore.
interesting. Yes, I have the travel bank card which I got when I downgraded one of my United cards since it doesn’t have an AF.
I actually booked fewer tickets on the site since I assumed the program had ended/didn’t renew. Wish I had checked earlier. Could have probably gotten another $50 or so back.

Worth checking your EXP if you had the club subscription in the past though!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:45 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
I only earned on flights I booked before the announcement to discontinue. With that said, my expiry did also recently update to... 2021...

Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LIH
I only earned on flights I booked before the announcement to discontinue. With that said, my expiry did also recently update to... 2021...

There are two separate expiration dates (Balance & "Membership") and that appears to be creating some confusion, as explained in the thread's wiki
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
Expiring Travel Bank $ on Dec-31-2019 how to extend?

Any way to extend $160 in my United Travel Bank, expiring on Dec-31-2019.

If I buy a low priced ticket say worth $50, will the remaining funds of $110 get extended for 1 year?

Experiences and advice welcome! Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by raj_cl
Any way to extend $160 in my United Travel Bank, expiring on Dec-31-2019.

If I buy a low priced ticket say worth $50, will the remaining funds of $110 get extended for 1 year?

Experiences and advice welcome! Thanks in advance.
buy a refundable/changable ticket and then re-use that ticket later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.