Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Another departure from EWR yesterday. C74 was crowded, as always. Pop up was a much better experience...wish it was open longer hours.

I asked the desk when Terminal A was going to open. They said never.
He said that since United doesn't have sole use of the pier now, that there are not enough members using A to bother to open it.
(Jet Blue has use of some of the gates now).

No idea how reliable this is, but if true, is VERY disappointing.
Unfortunate to hear and different from what I heard earlier this month.

JetBlue is now using 4 PANYNJ common-use gates previously allocated to United on A-2, and perhaps the volume of passengers in the satellite (plus reduced # departures until November at least) doesn't justify it. By the time EWR is back at full schedule, the opening of the new Terminal A (with a United Club) will be imminent.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
He said that since United doesn't have sole use of the pier now, that there are not enough members using A to bother to open it.
(Jet Blue has use of some of the gates now).
I can understand the thought process there, but it is IMO excessively focused on costs over serving your customers. DL's SFO lounge would still be closed if DL employed that logic.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kacee
I can understand the thought process there, but it is IMO excessively focused on costs over serving your customers. DL's SFO lounge would still be closed if DL employed that logic.
Apparently DL doesn't apply the same logic as UA.

David
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DELee
Apparently DL doesn't apply the same logic as UA.
No they don't. DL is more focused on developing long term customer loyalty (though their cs meltdown is pretty much impossible to defend).

UA has done many things right during the pandemic, but their penny-pinching really stands in the way of their reaching the next level. It's an airline I choose reluctantly, based on getting me from point A to point B efficiently. A shame really, because they are so close.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Well, yes and no - if it lets them deconstruct the A lounge in preparation for the move to the new terminal, I'm all for it. Let's get that done - if I never, ever step foot inside Terminal A again, that'll be too soon. If that buys them so much as a week early in opening the new lounge in the new terminal, I consider it a win.
elitefreak, chavala and EWRSNA like this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
United Club experience at Newark has been a shambles ever since they closed the big one and turned it into the Polaris Lounge. Having the space available and built out, but not opening it, is insulting at this point.
The pop up should have been open way before they did, and it should be open all day now. And making members stew in the hot sauna of Terminal A while the club remains closed is crap.

Maybe they could save enough money to open clubs if they reduced the number of staff standing around at the bus gates to point me to the door. Does it really take 6 at each end to staff that?

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Well, yes and no - if it lets them deconstruct the A lounge in preparation for the move to the new terminal, I'm all for it. Let's get that done - if I never, ever step foot inside Terminal A again, that'll be too soon. If that buys them so much as a week early in opening the new lounge in the new terminal, I consider it a win.
Current Terminal A gate area is awful. When the United Club is open, I actually prefer using A to C. No OTG crap food outlets and a 2 minute walk from the United Club to any A gate.
No excuse why United can't open this club while they are using A for flights again.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 20, 2021 at 11:33 am
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: Delta Gold, United Gold, Marriott Titanium

Maybe they could save enough money to open clubs if they reduced the number of staff standing around at the bus gates to point me to the door. Does it really take 6 at each end to staff that?

Every time I go through EWR I am amazed at how many people have a job that doesn’t need to exist (could be done with a sign) while simultaneously there are hundreds of jobs that need to be done but no one is doing (cleaning the restrooms, and yes, there is a person that looks like they clean them, but obviously they don’t considering the condition they are all in).
manstein58 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
C74Club at EWR closed due to flooding from Henri. Popup Club at C94 more crowded than Kabul Airport. Time to reopen Bagram (A Club)
Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by manstein58
C74Club at EWR closed due to flooding from Henri. Popup Club at C94 more crowded than Kabul Airport. Time to reopen Bagram (A Club)
Wait... I though C74 was the highest ground lounge at EWR (at the base of the "Y" on the <=99 C gates )? Am I thinking about a different lounge?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Wait... I though C74 was the highest ground lounge at EWR (at the base of the "Y" on the <=99 C gates )? Am I thinking about a different lounge?
Correct that the C74 lounge is elevated - flooding likely from rain/roof leakages and not surging/ponding excess water.

David
Old Aug 23, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELee
Correct that the C74 lounge is elevated - flooding likely from rain/roof leakages and not surging/ponding excess water.

David
Durrrrrrrrrr... OK. I was thinking "rising waters"/"kayaking down the concourse" flooding and trying to make that make sense -- roof or windows would make way more sense indeed
Old Aug 23, 2021, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Durrrrrrrrrr... OK. I was thinking "rising waters"/"kayaking down the concourse" flooding and trying to make that make sense -- roof or windows would make way more sense indeed
Short another Superstorm Sandy, likely the roof/windows at EWR. Even with a S/S Sandy, I'd still bet on the roof/windows anyway. If you look out over the C area outside the C74 windows, you can see how little cleaning/maintenance that EWR does up there.

David
Old Aug 23, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
C74 flooded

Got to C74 and “closed for the day”. Huh? Went to nasty 93 pop up and they said it flooded during Henri but was opening at 4. I was the first one in. Big blue curtain blocking towards left of bar.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Flying out of Terminal A on Friday and thought I'd throw out a question to 1kvoice to see what the response was about the UC there. I'm not sure the agent actually read my question.

Question:

Hello,
My flying is starting to increase again, and I have my first EWR Terminal A departure post-pandemic soon.
It looks from the UA App that the Terminal A United Club is closed. Is that true? Now that flights are regularly departing from Terminal A, shouldn't it be reopened? I guess I could enter Terminal C, visit one of the two (overcrowded) United Clubs there, and take the bus to Terminal A, but that's not very convenient if I'm going to arrive about 1.5 hours before flight departure.

Response:

Hi Tarheelnj,
Our lounges should always be enjoyable and a great place to relax. We're working to improve our services and amenities since the pandemic halted travel and the clubs temporarily closed.Thank you for your honest feedback. I'll share it with our United Club team.
We hope your next visit leaves a better impression, and that you'll give us the opportunity to provide you with a more positive experience in the future.
We thank you for your continued loyalty, as a valued Premier one million mile 1K customer.

Regards,
xxxxx
Customer Care
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Flying out of Terminal A on Friday and thought I'd throw out a question to 1kvoice to see what the response was about the UC there. I'm not sure the agent actually read my question.

Question:

Hello,
My flying is starting to increase again, and I have my first EWR Terminal A departure post-pandemic soon.
It looks from the UA App that the Terminal A United Club is closed. Is that true? Now that flights are regularly departing from Terminal A, shouldn't it be reopened? I guess I could enter Terminal C, visit one of the two (overcrowded) United Clubs there, and take the bus to Terminal A, but that's not very convenient if I'm going to arrive about 1.5 hours before flight departure.

Response:

Hi Tarheelnj,
Our lounges should always be enjoyable and a great place to relax. We're working to improve our services and amenities since the pandemic halted travel and the clubs temporarily closed.Thank you for your honest feedback. I'll share it with our United Club team.
We hope your next visit leaves a better impression, and that you'll give us the opportunity to provide you with a more positive experience in the future.
We thank you for your continued loyalty, as a valued Premier one million mile 1K customer.

Regards,
xxxxx
Customer Care
I got the exact same email after I was sent a survey asking how my visit to the DFW club was.
It isn’t even open yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.