Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, 2MM, Ambassador Marriott

What a pleasant surprise after waking to United club in C74, they told us the Polaris lounge is open...back I walked, and yes it was open. Took a shower and now waiting for the seat-down meal to open (630am). They have food, bar, and other things open, but I have 2 hours before the next flight. (soft Launch, service good and everyone happy to see it open)

Last edited by mabatross1; Nov 15, 2021 at 5:32 am
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:08 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mabatross1
What a pleasant surprise after waking to United club in C74, they told us the Polaris lounge is open...back I walked, and yes it was open. Took a shower and now waiting for the seat-down meal to open (630am). They have food, bar, and other things open, but I have 2 hours before the next flight. (soft Launch, service good and everyone happy to see it open)
This is indeed a good thing. I really didn’t think United was going to (re)open Polaris Lounges at all, I’m glad I was wrong! Two down, 4 left to go?

DEN
EWR764 and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I can only hope that the lack of advanced fanfare at EWR (as opposed to IAD) means that maybe the IAH lounge where we'll pass through at the end of November will similarly open on short notice. Of course, since our first flight originates at IAD, we'll have one PL for sure...just greedy.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Portolan
...just greedy.
Nah, life is short, live it up while you still can before they decide to close them again
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Funny. I was going to post what "Opening in November" really meant as I passed through EWR twice this weekend. Yesterday I walked past again with the sticker about November still on the door and wasn't sure if that was referring to this November or the first opening of the PL before Covid :-D

Glad to hear it's open now.

-RM
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Great news! I booked flights through IAD later this month to minimize the risk of a closed PL, but maybe I'll switch back to EWR now...
Old Nov 15, 2021, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by mabatross1
Curious, was there hot food w/ self-service?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 8:19 pm

Is it the same level of food/drink etc. as pre-pandemic?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 4:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
I am flying first class on 777 domestic route out of EWR. Does that qualify for Polaris club entry?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 4:45 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
I am flying first class on 777 domestic route out of EWR. Does that qualify for Polaris club entry?
No - Polaris is only for International business class flights designated as Polaris. (For example Chicago-Toronto is not Polaris).
Flying on a Polaris equipped plane domestically does not give you access to the Polaris Lounge
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Dyce
No - Polaris is only for International business class flights designated as Polaris. (For example Chicago-Toronto is not Polaris).
Flying on a Polaris equipped plane domestically does not give you access to the Polaris Lounge
got it, thanks for the speedy reply
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Can't wait to see if there's a noticeable change in the C74 UC next time I have a late afternoon domestic flight. I might even score a window seat with a working power outlet!
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Can't wait to see if there's a noticeable change in the C74 UC next time I have a late afternoon domestic flight. I might even score a window seat with a working power outlet!
are club passes permitted at C74 now?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
are club passes permitted at C74 now?
You might want to ask this question in the EWR UC thread.

David
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Interesting that the United app now shows the Polaris lounge as open but the website has yet to be updated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.