FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:44 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
United Club experience at Newark has been a shambles ever since they closed the big one and turned it into the Polaris Lounge. Having the space available and built out, but not opening it, is insulting at this point.
The pop up should have been open way before they did, and it should be open all day now. And making members stew in the hot sauna of Terminal A while the club remains closed is crap.

Originally Posted by Kacee
I can understand the thought process there, but it is IMO excessively focused on costs over serving your customers. DL's SFO lounge would still be closed if DL employed that logic.
Maybe they could save enough money to open clubs if they reduced the number of staff standing around at the bus gates to point me to the door. Does it really take 6 at each end to staff that?

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Well, yes and no - if it lets them deconstruct the A lounge in preparation for the move to the new terminal, I'm all for it. Let's get that done - if I never, ever step foot inside Terminal A again, that'll be too soon. If that buys them so much as a week early in opening the new lounge in the new terminal, I consider it a win.
Current Terminal A gate area is awful. When the United Club is open, I actually prefer using A to C. No OTG crap food outlets and a 2 minute walk from the United Club to any A gate.
No excuse why United can't open this club while they are using A for flights again.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 20, 2021 at 11:33 am