Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EWR764
The cuts begin... quinoa bowl station is already gone, not to return, in addition to the downgraded alcohol selection.

I see management in there pretty frequently so I do not hesitate to offer my feedback.
Really, no quinoa? Crap. One of the best and healthiest options.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:51 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by as219
Really, no quinoa? Crap. One of the best and healthiest options.
Not sure if the bulk quinoa is still there at the salad station, but the made-to-order quinoa bowl station during lunch/dinner (with attendant) has already been abandoned after just a few months.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Not sure if the bulk quinoa is still there at the salad station, but the made-to-order quinoa bowl station during lunch/dinner (with attendant) has already been abandoned after just a few months.
That was fast. Not that I'm the biggest fan of quinoa, but it was nice to have a live station.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
That was fast. Not that I'm the biggest fan of quinoa, but it was nice to have a live station.
It seems like there is a general trend downward in the quality and scope of offerings at United Clubs over the past few months. Budget see-saw continues...
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
It seems like there is a general trend downward in the quality and scope of offerings at United Clubs over the past few months. Budget see-saw continues...
A big shame, I'm here right now. The quinoa space is used for nothing, just sitting empty. The hummus wrap tastes terrible. I'm going to swing by the other lounge, hope there's better food.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM

Aye.
They just learnt how to play-the-game:

1) Make it all flashy and shiny and offer great food and drinks when the Polaris Lounge and/or UA Club opens

2) Invite all the bloggers & press for the grand opening, and have them take millions of pictures that end up on the web

3) Scale back almost immediately on quality & quantity of offerings, knowing full well that anyone who does online searches will still be impressed by the [supposed] offerings that continue to show up years after launch

Quite sad actually.
SPN Lifer, EWR764 and as219 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
They had a ramen bar fr a while, too -- but I've not seen that in a while either -- or was that part of the quinoa setup?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
In the last two weeks I have been very happy with the offerings at LAX, EWR terminal A and EWR C74. ORD by gate B5 was not quite as good as those others, but still reasonable.
Sorry I didn't take pictures.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:58 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
ORD by gate B5 was not quite as good as those others, but still reasonable.
50 Cent was there the other day though...
Zone1 and 8MiHi like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I feel like the reduction in quality and benefits at UC's and Polaris lounges is a direct result of business travel not returning 100%. Since the majority of J travelers are buy ups, non-revs and leisure travelers, UA feel like they don't have to try as hard.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
I feel like the reduction in quality and benefits at UC's and Polaris lounges is a direct result of business travel not returning 100%. Since the majority of J travelers are buy ups, non-revs and leisure travelers, UA feel like they don't have to try as hard.
Can't agree with that rationale. Flights are packed, upgrades scarce, and flight prices are high.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
The food offerings are so much better today than they were just a few years ago when all they offered was kibble and beer.
My only issue has been some overcrowding and the concomitant draw down of supply of one or more offerings.
I have had a ham and egg breakfast sandwich, a roast beef sandwich and a lemon chicken and rice plate all within the last two weeks at UCs around the country.
Xyzzy and EWR764 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.