Wiki Posts
Search

Preview site

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:47 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
My reservations from Mid-March and later do not show on the preview site. They were booked on continental.com . I next entered on the preview site "Search by Confirmation # and name, and the site shows no reservations found. They still show on continental.com .

If the site is merging to use the continental.com formatting, should not my reservation numbers made on that site show up on the preview site?

I guess we all need to be watching this as we get closer to 3/3 and be ready to reconfirm flights if need be.

My lifetime miles, current mileage only shows 2011 data, but it is correct through 12/31.

I appreciated having a new Global Services status, but imagine that is a glitch they will repair in the new active website on 3/3. I'll take a picture for a souvenier.

Now, let's figure out a way to update our lifetime miles to 4MM on the preview website and hope it shows up after 3/3!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mkr
My reservations from Mid-March and later do not show on the preview site. ...
And why do you think that is a problem? What giave you the impression the site would be uptodate your your info?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:56 pm
mkr
Suspended

Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
And why do you think that is a problem? What giave you the impression the site would be uptodate your your info?
What gave me that impression is that other posters to this thread have stated that their future reservations are showing up on the preview site.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mkr
What gave me that impression is that other posters to this thread have stated that their future reservations are showing up on the preview site.
And multiple folks have posted their data is incomplete on the site. I have 3 RTs booked, a total of 10 segments and only 1 segment is shown on the pss site. The seat map for that single segment does not aggree with the seatmap on the production site.

The site states "The site is NOT a production version. The data and content represented here is a snapshot of information. Any transactions executed on this site will not be honored or supported." This site is not intended for customer access - as has been posted multiple times in this thread.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:12 pm
mkr
Suspended

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
And multiple folks have posted their data is incomplete on the site. I have 3 RTs booked, a total of 10 segments and only 1 segment is shown on the pss site. The seat map for that single segment does not aggree with the seatmap on the production site.

The site states "The site is NOT a production version. The data and content represented here is a snapshot of information. Any transactions executed on this site will not be honored or supported." This site is not intended for customer access - as has been posted multiple times in this thread.
WineCountryUa, thanks for your reply. Yes, I too have read what others have posted. I am aware of everything you have stated. I realize that it seems that UA is slowly adding information to this preview site. What none of us seem to know is why. Might it be that this preview site is some kind of transitional site with data that will then be sent to the new website on 3/3?

Anyway, I simply stated that it might be a good idea to watch this preview site as we get closer to 3/3.

Happy flying.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:19 am
Suspended

Programs: CO OP-Plat, UA MP-1K
GS, 1 Ks left off upgrade standby list order on UA preview site

I got a chuckle in looking at the UA "preview" site. GS and 1 Ks are left off the upgrade standby list priority order.

I realize this is a "non-production" preview site which is being used by UA and is not intended to be viewed by the public. Hopefully UA will be monitoring FlyerTalk and note discrepancies we FTers notice to help UA correct oversights or mistakes as they transition to the new website.

I checked the same information on continental.com . The wording on continental.com has changed from "Platinium, Gold, Silver" to "Premier Platinum, Premier Gold, Premier Silver" on the "preview" site...names for these levels in the new MP program after March 3.

It appears that this "preview site" is some type of transitional step to the new UA website coming on March 3. Personnel at UA seem to be going through and editing the wording on continental.com to reflect the changes coming on March 3.

They simply have not completed this editing process which appears to be ongoing.

One other note: the "EUA" system (Elite Upgrade Automation) for the computer to automatically process upgrades beginning 5 days out on continental.com will be called the "PUA" (Premier Upgrade Automation) system after 3/3 on the new UA website, as noted in Upgrade information on the "preview" site.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by mkr
I realize that it seems that UA is slowly adding information to this preview site. What none of us seem to know is why. Might it be that this preview site is some kind of transitional site with data that will then be sent to the new website on 3/3?
If you've dealt with system transitions there are two plausible reasons for the data:
-it's a partial update (e.g. they moved things before x, will update to include things since x later. x doesn't necessarily need to be time.)
-it's just a trial copy (i.e. all of this data will be deleted as it's only a result of a migration process they don't intend on keeping)

The site will certainly get updates/be more complete closer to launch date - this is only obvious. As far as actual data on the site, it's not something to read into or otherwise be concerned about. (Such misunderstandings is whey such internal efforts are usually not shared - hence why surprising it's still accessible.)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by IAHCOPLAT
I got a chuckle in looking at the UA "preview" site. GS and 1 Ks are left off the upgrade standby list priority order.

I realize this is a "non-production" preview site which is being used by UA and is not intended to be viewed by the public. Hopefully UA will be monitoring FlyerTalk and note discrepancies we FTers notice to help UA correct oversights or mistakes as they transition to the new website.

I checked the same information on continental.com . The wording on continental.com has changed from "Platinium, Gold, Silver" to "Premier Platinum, Premier Gold, Premier Silver" on the "preview" site...names for these levels in the new MP program after March 3.

It appears that this "preview site" is some type of transitional step to the new UA website coming on March 3. Personnel at UA seem to be going through and editing the wording on continental.com to reflect the changes coming on March 3.

They simply have not completed this editing process which appears to be ongoing.

One other note: the "EUA" system (Elite Upgrade Automation) for the computer to automatically process upgrades beginning 5 days out on continental.com will be called the "PUA" (Premier Upgrade Automation) system after 3/3 on the new UA website, as noted in Upgrade information on the "preview" site.
According to this,United Airlines -MileagePlus Complimentary Premier Upgrades, GS and 1K are on the list,and EUA will be called CPU, just like UA Insider said it would
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:30 am
mkr
Suspended

Originally Posted by joshwex90
According to this,United Airlines -MileagePlus Complimentary Premier Upgrades, GS and 1K are on the list,
joshwex90... I think you missed the point of IAHCOPLAT's post.... IAHCOPLAT thought it funny that in the "non-production preview site", which is the topic of this thread, that GS and 1K were left off the list for priority for standby upgrades. I checked this out, and IAHCOPLAT is correct, as of the date that I am composing this post, Feb. 13. It is under the section entitled "Learn more about the upgrade standby list". Here is the link: http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...andby_FAQ.aspx

This "preview" site is in transition, with editing slowly taking place daily. Some person or persons is taking the wording from the continental.com website and editing it to reflect the changes for after MARCH 3. Since GS and 1 K come from PMUA, they were not in the PMCO wording for the upgrade standby list. It is an oversight on the part of the personnel who are editing this information.

Of course GS and 1 K will be at the top of the pecking order for the upgrade standby lists after 3/3 as announced.

and EUA will be called CPU, just like UA Insider said it would
joshwex90, you are incorrect in this statement. "EUA" and "PUA" refer to the titles of the computer system that will process the upgrades. "EUA" currently used by CO, "PUA" will be CO's computer system adopted by the new UA after 3/3.

"Elite Upgrades" (what Continental OnePass called the complimentary upgrades) and "Unlimited Domestic Upgrades" (UDU...what PM United Mileage Plus called the complimentary upgrades) will be called CPU (Complimentary Premier Upgrades) after March 3, when the new Mileage Plus program begins.
The abbreviations can be similar and confusing. We will all need to get used to the new nomenclature.

Last edited by mkr; Feb 13, 2012 at 9:56 pm Reason: clarification
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by mkr
joshwex90... I think you missed the point of IAHCOPLAT's post.... IAHCOPLAT thought it funny that in the "non-production preview site", which is the topic of this thread
I didn't see the FAQ page, but I'm aware we're referring to the pss site. My link is to the pss site as well

I now realize regarding EUA - I remember a while back seeing someone explain that EUA and UDU aren't technically the same. Yes, understood now. Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Cool, I've always wanted to have my upgrades processed by the state fish of Hawaii.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Cool, I've always wanted to have my upgrades processed by the state fish of Hawaii.
Humuhumunukunukuapua'a

Did I miss something?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by kwildnj
Humuhumunukunukuapua'a

Did I miss something?
PUA. Premier Upgrade Automation

Or did I miss something?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by United757
PUA. Premier Upgrade Automation

Or did I miss something?

DIVISION 1. GOVERNMENT
TITLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
5. Emblems and Symbols
§5-11.5 State fish.

HI Rev Stat § 5-11.5

[§5-11.5] State fish. The humuhumunukunukuapua a (Rhinecanthus rectangulus), also known as the rectangular triggerfish, is established and designated as the official fish of the State. [L 2006, c 67, §2]

http://law.justia.com/codes/hawaii/2...apter5/5-11-5/

Edit: Upon further review, apparently it is called the Pua, or Reef Triggerfish, for short Wheres FlyinHawaiian when we need him !?!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO OP-Plat, UA MP-1K
Originally Posted by kwildnj
DIVISION 1. GOVERNMENT
TITLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
5. Emblems and Symbols
§5-11.5 State fish.

HI Rev Stat § 5-11.5

[§5-11.5] State fish. The humuhumunukunukuapua a (Rhinecanthus rectangulus), also known as the rectangular triggerfish, is established and designated as the official fish of the State. [L 2006, c 67, §2]

http://law.justia.com/codes/hawaii/2...apter5/5-11-5/

Edit: Upon further review, apparently it is called the Pua, or Reef Triggerfish, for short Wheres FlyinHawaiian when we need him !?!
Don't give J. Smisek any ideas, or he may just decide to have your future upgrades processed by the Pua, the State fish of Hawaii, rather than by the PUA, Premier Elite Automation. Through which process are you more likely to get your upgrades?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.