Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preview site

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Anyone know is United eCert 016XXXXXXXX numbers will work on the new site after 3/3? I also have a CO.COM eCert which is an entirely different numbering system.

If I have to redeem my UA eCert before 3/3 I will - and I'd hate to imagine what would happen if we have to have one manually converted to a CO format cert number before being able to use.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Anyone know is United eCert 016XXXXXXXX numbers will work on the new site after 3/3? I also have a CO.COM eCert which is an entirely different numbering system.

If I have to redeem my UA eCert before 3/3 I will - and I'd hate to imagine what would happen if we have to have one manually converted to a CO format cert number before being able to use.
They are definitely going to honor all outstanding certs. My understanding is that they are going to handle them all online, but I'm not certain of it.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Site is back up. Playing around on the fleet page! Did a great job with it. Seat maps for every version of every plane in the fleet!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Able to change seats, unable to check-in.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: United Gold
The preview site is meant as a test site right? The data in my account is all wrong.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by palmetto86
Site is back up. Playing around on the fleet page! Did a great job with it. Seat maps for every version of every plane in the fleet!
i do like the seat maps but just found something curious about it. they announced that they would be keeping both the global business class and the businessfirst names for business classes. although on the seatmaps, all the PMUA business seats have been marketed on the seatmaps as BF. even on the PMUA recliner business class seats on the pre-refurb 772's. also on the 737's with domestic F seats they're marked as businessfirst. i'm guessing it's just a glitch and they'll fix it before launch, but i found that curious.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
The preview site is meant as a test site right?
Yes, it is.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, SkyMiles, Rapid Rewards, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
The preview site is pretty much what I expected. I got my new confirmation numbers for my flights after 3/3. It wouldn't acknowledge that I acknowledged a new departure time on one of them. It also said I had 0 miles >.<

Happy its still just a preview site right now
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: Now UA free!, AA Ex Plat, AS MVP, Marriott Titanium for life
It's really disappointing to see the lack of vision in this site. The site is just the CO site with the word United plaster on it.

I am not a fan of the CO site... and wasn't really a fan of the UA site. You would think they could have used the merger to provide a new look and feel... and improved functionality perhaps?

Instead we are left with the CO site... functional, but lacking style and ease of use.

I guess they do not teach vision at Harvard?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA
It's really disappointing to see the lack of vision in this site. The site is just the CO site with the word United plaster on it.

I am not a fan of the CO site... and wasn't really a fan of the UA site. You would think they could have used the merger to provide a new look and feel... and improved functionality perhaps?

Instead we are left with the CO site... functional, but lacking style and ease of use.

Cannot disagree with you, BUT, at least it was not like when NW's website which was probably the best in the business gave way to that abomination that is DL.COM.

Safe Travels
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Unhappy

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Able to change seats, unable to check-in.

Do your "new" seat selections stick? They may stick within the preview site, but do they transfer over to your actual "live" reservation?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold
Not all accounts are able to sign-in

I was able to sign-in using my UA1K number and get my newly assigned MP alphanumeric number, but was unable to sign in for my mom's account using her OnePass account number even though it signs in fine on continental.com. Wanted to check her combined lifetime miles..oh well..
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Is the new frequent flyer number on the preview site our new number? It's not my continental or mileage plus number. Should we be giving this to our travel agents for post 3/3 travel?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Originally Posted by Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA

Isn't this what was expected all along? I'm sure the IT integration teams have a lot more back end stuff to architect and merge right now. That's a much larger task than reworking the site. The CO site isn't great, but it's much better than the UA site, IMO.

We'll see a new site soon enough, that I bet reflects the look and feel of the Hub site they've been pushing.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, SkyMiles, Rapid Rewards, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by palmetto86
We'll see a new site soon enough, that I bet reflects the look and feel of the Hub site they've been pushing.
I hope that's the route they end up going in the long run. I really like the design of United Hub. What bothers me the most about CO.com/the new UA.com is on the main page and the MP page where the top nav bar is set to go across the entire window and the content itself is fixed width. It looks awful on my computers with large screens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.