Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preview site

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
I think one thing that's confusing people is the name preview site.
For many years, CO has offered by invite a "preview site" for customers to test upcoming changes. That site was an alternate web interface into the live production system. Any reservation changes you made from that site were "real".

The "preview site" being discussed here is nothing like that.
My educated guess (I'm a TPF Programmer ... the operating system developed by airlines ... and still used by most Res systems) is ...
It's a (slightly modified ??) web interface into a new (but not yet live) partition in SHARES.
I'd imagine the data in that partition is either
  • trial runs of re-generating everything from both CO and UA, to test the actual "copy over" for the outage on Mar2 ...or...
  • is pre-staged to become the Production data when the partition is turned on with updates during the Mar2 outage to bring the data up-to-date

Me thinks this "preview site" was never intended for the public to see. But many of us are conditioned to seeing CO have a "customer preview/beta test" of up-coming changes and are incorrectly thinking that's what this preview site is.

I wish folks would stop complaining here that the data is out of date. You're raising Kevin's blood pressure to dangerous levels
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: Continental
incorrect data/gpu's

I am missing a GPU also.

It is a good idea to printout your CO and UA account activity prior to the changeover. Hopefully they will get it right, but I can anticipate some corrections that will need to be done!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:36 am

As a programmer, i'm trying to figure out why everything PMUA MileagePlus seems to be up to date on the site but OnePass data is frozen from Jan 1st. I would've guessed the opposite -- OnePass data would be fed live into the system while PMUA MileagePlus data would be imported since it is based on OP. Who knows though.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Site Not Meant For Customer Use!!

It seems UA has noticed FTers use of the pss site. They now have this disclaimer on the home page:
The site is NOT a production version. The data and content represented here is a snapshot of information. Any transactions executed on this site will not be honored or supported.

So people - stop worrying about data in the new site!!

Meanwhile, I've noticed that preview.united.com does NOT work, but pss.united.com DOES work.

ETA: the disclaimer seems to be on all pages, not just the homepage
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by joshwex90
It seems UA has noticed FTers use of the pss site. They now have this disclaimer on the home page:
The site is NOT a production version. The data and content represented here is a snapshot of information. Any transactions executed on this site will not be honored or supported.
Love it!

Frankly, they should be happy that some of us are checking the site out & discussing it. No matter how good your internal QA is, nothing beats actual customer use for feedback & reporting.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Just went there - what an ugly site

And they are keeping the insipid BusinessFirst moniker? And what is Global First?

SQ's website is a disaster too, to be fair and balanced.

I suspect I will even miss PMUA.com
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

And they are keeping the insipid BusinessFirst moniker? And what is Global First?

If I understand correctly, International First is now Global First. BusinessFirst and United Business are now BusinessFirst.
What used to International Business on CO (I don't know it's equivalent on PMUA, but USA-Canada flights and the like) are now Business.
Domestic First is United First.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

http://hub.united.com/News/Web/Pages...nited.com.aspx

A phased approach
Initially, we’re focusing our efforts on the huge task of combining the two airline systems into one unified site. At first, united.com will resemble what you see currently when you visit continental.com. Later, we’ll be expanding our offerings and introducing new features and functionality to the website to further streamline your travel experience.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I have access to an itinerary which is not my own. A standard economy award to Rome. She sprang for E+.

Last edited by anc-ord772; Feb 12, 2012 at 11:08 am
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by steve64
I wish folks would stop complaining here that the data is out of date. You're raising Kevin's blood pressure to dangerous levels

Thanks Steve
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by sbm12
Why would you expect that a non-production site that isn't meant for public consumption would be online in a consistent and reliable manner?? Suggesting that the quality of the product is lower because you cannot get to something that you're not supposed to be using anyways is ridiculous.
I think you missed the humor in my post...
Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP/US CP, United 1K (1MM) , Marriott Plat, Avis Plus
Zero difference

I get we all have to get on the same sheet of musik, but it seam like a very light attempt of making a 'new united' website. If you click between the pss and CO, site, the logo moves a little. They changed the font in the 'My account' area, but a whole nothing is moves, changes between the tabs. I would hope the would clean up some of the fonts and possibly change some of the field colours so you have a feeling of new well researched website. But when you click on the 'new milage plus' link where they show the new MP cards, you will be taken to the explaination of everyone is Star Gold, only one person is Star silver and it shows the old OP cards the correspond them.

Bottom line, as long as the data gets there I need to board a plane hope for an upgrade are there, everything else is gravy. T-3 weeks, see what happens.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shttrdrvr
I get we all have to get on the same sheet of musik, but it seam like a very light attempt of making a 'new united' website. If you click between the pss and CO, site, the logo moves a little. They changed the font in the 'My account' area, but a whole nothing is moves, changes between the tabs. I would hope the would clean up some of the fonts and possibly change some of the field colours so you have a feeling of new well researched website. But when you click on the 'new milage plus' link where they show the new MP cards, you will be taken to the explaination of everyone is Star Gold, only one person is Star silver and it shows the old OP cards the correspond them.

Bottom line, as long as the data gets there I need to board a plane hope for an upgrade are there, everything else is gravy. T-3 weeks, see what happens.
Originally Posted by edcho
http://hub.united.com/News/Web/Pages...nited.com.aspx

A phased approach
Initially, we’re focusing our efforts on the huge task of combining the two airline systems into one unified site. At first, united.com will resemble what you see currently when you visit continental.com. Later, we’ll be expanding our offerings and introducing new features and functionality to the website to further streamline your travel experience.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:30 pm

Thanks! I was about to repost it but didn't want to sound like a broken record.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No problem! I was thinking of posting the multiple responses you've give...maybe next time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.