Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preview site

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Preview site

When i log in the preview site isnt working.
Is this happening to anyone?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by iluvairlines
When i log in the preview site isnt working.
Is this happening to anyone?
It has been hit or miss since it came out. Keep trying. I found that logging into united.com before clicking on the link helped. Not sure if you are coming from co.com if it is the same.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:19 pm
vps

Programs: UA 1P 1M
The trick is to use the non-broken link

I was able to login successfully once, then tried multiple times afterwards and kept getting an error. Eventually I spotted the problem.

On the United Hub website, there is an article called Loyalty Program. The link on this page is broken.

But if you go to a separate article entitled Preview your 2012 MileagePlus status and program, you'll find the link on that page works!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
United Preview Site

I had been afforded access to the Continental Preview Site in the past, so, on a whim I typed in preview.united.com, and was brought to an open-to-all Preview site for the combined (Post March 3rd) system.

Looks alot like Continental.com, with some new pieces. -- The site allowed me to login using my OP credentials in the MileagePlus fields -- though, things do not seem to be 100% live and realtime. For example, it shows my mileage history (for both programs) only through 12/31.

Of note, as this had been discussed in the SHARES integration thread. It would appear that instead of just adding UA reservations to CO's SHARES Database, they instead have setup a "New" SHARES System for the combined operation.

Why do I think that?

I had both a CO Reservation and UA Reservation for April. At the top of both, it says:

Your United Confirmation Number: xxxxxx, '?' This has changed. Learn More

When you click on the "Learn More" link, the following message appears:

As part of our merger, Continental and United have combined reservation systems. All customers have been issued a new confirmation number from our merged system. Please use your new confirmation number when managing your reservation and checking in for your flight. For your reference, we have listed your previous confirmation number(s) below.

Continental xxxxxxx
United xxxxxx

Neither the Old UA, New UA, or Old CO numbers match. Which is why I am guessing on 3/3, CO SHARES and UA APOLLO's databases will be combined to acompletely "new" UA SHARES.

Just my early observations.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
yeah this was expected. was posted on united hub a couple weeks ago.

http://hub.united.com/News/Web/Pages...site-move.aspx

just played around with the preview site. it is nice to finally see everything show up as UA flight numbers and the fare classes come up as "united." i know it's a small detail but it's good to see that there's light at the end of the tunnel, at least in terms of a ux aspect.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:17 pm

Nice. I can also see mileage tickets on Thai that were not previously visible on ual.com
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I loaded up preview.united.com and my OP# logged me in. I see my correct status and upcoming reservations, BUT - my # of earned miles is incorrect (too low). Hopefully they'll fix that by cut-over day.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura
I loaded up preview.united.com and my OP# logged me in. I see my correct status and upcoming reservations, BUT - my # of earned miles is incorrect (too low). ...
Just data up to 12/31/2011 -- no 2012 data yet.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
I loaded up preview.united.com and my OP# logged me in. I see my correct status and upcoming reservations, BUT - my # of earned miles is incorrect (too low). Hopefully they'll fix that by cut-over day.
As I said previously, mileage information is apparently "frozen" at 12/31/11 on the preview site, so with that said, is your mileage correct (as of that date)

Login information is apparently frozen at 12/31 as well. I changed my PIN last week, and was still able to log into the Preview site with my old PIN.

I had saved in my account flight information for a family friend (who has no status), and for her post-3/3 reservation, I was able to select Bulkhead (CO Flight) and E+ Bulkhead (UA Flight), and it "stuck" with no prompt to pay.

My father has a pre-3/3 reservation, and I was unable to select "paid" seats for free.

However, looking at the curremt site, the seats did not stick. So maybe thr preview site is not 100% live.

Last edited by kwildnj; Feb 7, 2012 at 11:39 pm
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Just data up to 12/31/2011 -- no 2012 data yet.
Ahhh, that would explain it. Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Same. I'm missing 6 segments, about 10,000 PQM, and about 25,000 RDM on the preview site.

I've been saving all my boarding passes and ticket stubs for 2012 just in case of any accounting errors in preparation for the changeover...
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
While I see two of my award reservations for May/June (LX & VS), I don't see any of my current UAL reservations (have 4~ of them).

I do see the screen where it says that my PNR has changed, but the new one doesn't pull up any res details.. Guess this is a work in progress.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:03 am

Programs: AA EVP, United 1K and 2MM, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Delta
For me it seems to be a mostly 12/31/11 data in terms of lifetime miles/points but partial 2012 acccounting. Shows my 28K+ BIS miles for 2012 as well, but not the bonuses because most of the 28K were in biz (42K YTD shown on .bomb).

SWU (GPU in new lingo?) also a week out of date.

Gives a pretty good sense of what new site will look like on 3/3 and perhaps a few if the inital clicks ('combine itineraries' for flights booked on .bomb not CO.com) that we will need to do when system switches over.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Anyone see this line item?

1/21 Flight Activation Bonus 2500

Also appears that anything credited to UA for 1/20 and early 1/21 as well as all CO crediting 1/13-16 is not actually posted. YMMV.

Last edited by bmvaughn; Feb 8, 2012 at 1:46 am
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Anyone see this line item?

1/21 Flight Activation Bonus 2500

Also appears that anything credited to UA for 1/20 and early 1/21 as well as all CO crediting 1/13-16 is not actually posted. YMMV.
My only 1/21 activity was the transfer of my RDMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.