Search

Preview site

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
I'm listed as Global Services. I printed it out for posterity's sake.:-:

Safe Travels
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
I am also listed as GS Apparently the Presidential Platinum bug on CO site at the beginning of the year still continues Hope it will last

I have an interesting experiment. I tried to upgrade an IAH-HNL flight with 1 confirmable upgrade seat using a RPU which is allowed under new rule. It works. BUT, it doesn't reduce the R inventory to 0 according to both EF and PMCO website... I am not sure whether the transaction will be honored

Also, for reservations made after late January, it is not yet included in the new system and UA agent has no clue what I am talking about
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Glad they now have a nice fleet page up United Airlines - Aircraft

And it includes the 772 E+ config!
But the business class is all forward facing seats.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by teddybw
I have an interesting experiment. I tried to upgrade an IAH-HNL flight with 1 confirmable upgrade seat using a RPU which is allowed under new rule. It works. BUT, it doesn't reduce the R inventory to 0 according to both EF and PMCO website... I am not sure whether the transaction will be honored.

Also, for reservations made after late January, it is not yet included in the new system and UA agent has no clue what I am talking about
Point #1: Ill be almost certain it will not stick. The site is not live -- I changed seats for an upcoming reservation, and they didn't crossover.

Point #2: If only someone would post here that the site is loaded with stale data (as of December 31, 2011. Oh wait, I have. If only people would read.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by cheltzel
But the business class is all forward facing seats.
Because it's the PMCO 772

Just checked the PMUA fleet - you're right. That's weird

The 763 shows both
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Have logins been disabled on the preview site?
I could login 15 - 20 minutes ago but not now.

2 minutes later started working again.....
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I just logged in using Dad's UA number (he didnt have a CO number) - he has been assigned a new combo - 3 letters + 5 numbers

I thought CO accounts were 2+6
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Just tried to actually make a reservation using the preview site. (Just to see what was up, I would have cancelled with in 24 hours)

Was able to progress all the way through clicking "Purchase" and get an error, so I believe the preview site is not yet "live".
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
Anyway, I printed a screenshot. I'll fight for it if the only seat left is taken by 3/3...

The reservation records are synced till at least mid January. I have a PNR ticketed in mid January that showed up. However, my PNR made in late January has not showed up yet.

The EQM info are also synced at least till mid January. So is lifetime counter, it seems.
Originally Posted by kwildnj
Point #1: Ill be almost certain it will not stick. The site is not live -- I changed seats for an upcoming reservation, and they didn't crossover.

Point #2: If only someone would post here that the site is loaded with stale data (as of December 31, 2011. Oh wait, I have. If only people would read.
I could upgrade reservation and got a confirmation. But the upgraded PNR was neither updated on CO nor on UA site.

Originally Posted by kwildnj
Just tried to actually make a reservation using the preview site. (Just to see what was up, I would have cancelled with in 24 hours)

Was able to progress all the way through clicking "Purchase" and get an error, so I believe the preview site is not yet "live".

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 9, 2012 at 8:45 pm Reason: merge
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by buaya00
I tried using the award tool and was offered a LHR-HKG flight in December for VS
There are still some VS awards available on the live site (continental.com) especially in BKK/HKG.

I like that the front cabin of the domestic 772 (version 5 - 36 F seats / 312 Y seats) is billed as "BusinessFirst", http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...77/200/v5.aspx.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 9, 2012 at 8:46 pm Reason: merge
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I just logged in using Dad's UA number (he didnt have a CO number) - he has been assigned a new combo - 3 letters + 5 numbers

I thought CO accounts were 2+6
UA Insider mentioned the new accounts were 8 aphlanumberics -- inferring all eight chars could be aplhas. This gets around the protential quantity limitations of the previous 2 chars+6 numbers.

Originally Posted by UA Insider
.... But, yes, it will be a true eight character alphanumeric number. It can be two alphas followed by six numbers or three alphas followed by five numbers.
Anyway, I printed a screenshot. I'll fight for it if the only seat left is taken by 3/3. ......
doubt you will have any success -- this is clearly a test site and no way it will be reflected back in production data.
I could upgrade reservation and got a confirmation. But the upgraded PNR was neither updated on CO nor on UA site.
as one would expect.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Hmmm my flight on Saturday shows me upgraded for the first segment on the preview site... but on the Continental site it shows me still in economy.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Hmmm my flight on Saturday shows me upgraded for the first segment on the preview site... but on the Continental site it shows me still in economy.
Maybe they are running different test upgrade programs on the preview system. The airport does not use the preview system so you need to go by continental.com as mentiond in earlier posts.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
And it's back down again..... Before you know it we'll have a .bomb Part 2
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mh3265a
And it's back down again..... Before you know it we'll have a .bomb Part 2
Why would you expect that a non-production site that isn't meant for public consumption would be online in a consistent and reliable manner?? Suggesting that the quality of the product is lower because you cannot get to something that you're not supposed to be using anyways is ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.