Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global Premier (fka Systemwide) Upgrades on Lufthansa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Premier (fka Systemwide) Upgrades on Lufthansa?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler
I'm flying IAD-MUC-TBS (Tbilisi, Georgia) in August on a B fare. I applied a GPU and the IAD-MUC leg already cleared. Is there any chance that I can use this same GPU to get an upgrade on the MUC-TBS (operated by LH) leg as well? The LH flight is booked with a UA flight number. Or would I have to use another GPU were I to shoot for the upgrade on that last leg?

Thanks in advance for any insights here.
You'd need to use miles to confirm it now (as a Star Alliance upgrade) or use a GPU at the gate.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 1:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Be careful not to waste miles, MUC-TBS is operated with a A32S aircraft with no C seating, but economy seats...
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Be careful not to waste miles, MUC-TBS is operated with a A32S aircraft with no C seating, but economy seats...
+1 You'll get an empty economy seat next to you, and a meal. Is it worth the miles/GPU?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
SWU success FRA-SIN A380

I need to fly FRA-SIN r/t leaving Sat Sep 29, returning Wed Oct 3, 2012. Since LH and SQ fly A380s this route daily that implies great demand. Are they usually full?

Any experiences on using a UA SWU for a Y->C upgrade on LH?

Not sure I can afford a Y/B fare on SQ for a *A Upgrade, but would that be more likely than an SWU upgrade on LH?

Also, I'll be getting to FRA from ATH. Can I get on the LH grading list from ATH, or should I try to get to FRA early?

From FRA I head back to ORD, (SIN-ORD wasn't a low cost option from my corporate booking site) either on LH or UA. Any other thoughts or advice? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:04 pm

Is PNR required to be printed on the LH Paper SWU now?

yesterday one MP agent told my friend that he needs to have travel booked to issue the paper SWUs for use LH, and UA now prints the PNR/ticketing information on the SWU.
not sure if this is new or just that agent's personal understanding, any experience?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

For loads on a particular day, use this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ds-thread.html

They require a PNR, you can give anything, it doesn't matter.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
For loads on a particular day, use this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ds-thread.html
Thanks. I'll bring this over there.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Jun 27, 2012 at 10:26 am Reason: Fixed UBB code
Old Jun 24, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: United 1K
Are the Lufthansa counter folks at Basel Mulhouse airport able to get one onto the SWU wait list for a connecting flight departing from Frankfurt (in this case to Boston)? Or do I have to go to the transfer desk in Frankfurt to make this request? Thanks for the info.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Originally Posted by mbarreto
+1 You'll get an empty economy seat next to you, and a meal. Is it worth the miles/GPU?
Thanks for posting this. I just came back to this thread planning to ask if it would be worth the 10k miles. Sounds like it's definitly not. Appreciate the assist!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by silent129
Are the Lufthansa counter folks at Basel Mulhouse airport able to get one onto the SWU wait list for a connecting flight departing from Frankfurt (in this case to Boston)? Or do I have to go to the transfer desk in Frankfurt to make this request? Thanks for the info.
BSL is handled by LX/Swissport, so assistance with being placed on the so called 'grading list' for a FRA-XXX flight is unlikely.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
BSL is handled by LX/Swissport, so assistance with being placed on the so called 'grading list' for a FRA-XXX flight is unlikely.
Will agents at Berlin (TXL) be able to place a passenger on a grading list, or is that also unlikely? Thank you.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:57 am

TXL is globeground minimum wagers with a very limited number of LH supervisors (usually sitting at F checkin). The latter can put you on the grading list. The former will ignore you.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
TXL is globeground minimum wagers with a very limited number of LH supervisors (usually sitting at F checkin). The latter can put you on the grading list. The former will ignore you.
Thanks very much for your response. I'll pass along the information.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:26 am

Has anyone had luck recently having the paper certs sent to a destination outside North America? I gave my address on the telephone to the agent when I made the request and reconfirmed it several times, yet the cert was sent to what appears to be a previous address on file in the US where they sent one several years ago.

When I called, I was told that as a 1K they would send it, but because the address is outside North America, they do not use FedEx, but another courier service.

Needless to say, I flew without my cert...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Similar question for CDG. Flying CDG-FRA-IAD (74H )

Could CDG agents put me on list (counter or lounge) or wait till FRA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.