Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone booked LH F awards recently?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SFO777
At F5, very good chance. Check tonight at midnight German time.
Thanks! Will do and let you know how it turns out..
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:17 pm

Just completed a PVG-PEK-FRA-ORD-ATL-IAD-FRA-KIX-PVG trip using UA miles with the following LH F legs

PEK-FRA: A380
FRA-ORD: 747 (New F)
IAD-FRA: A330 (Old F)
FRA-KIX: 747 (New F)

Had a blast combined with some great crews. The A380 cabin is fantastic, and I felt I could do yoga in the bathroom. I appreciate the touches such a personal lockers, and complete black out curtains between the galley (cough cough UA).

The 747 New F gives an insane amount of space, I think it may be the most personal space in the sky, along with SQ Suites, alebit with a lot less privacy. The bed is what gave the edge to the 747 to the A380 for me. Never have I slept so soundly on a plane before.

The highlight was FRA-KIX where I was the only passenger in F. On the top deck of a 747, it felt like a private jet!

Food was eh, interesting. I'm not into fancy food so it was a little much for me. I wrote up a TR I'll post soon.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 2:35 pm

Is the writing on the wall for LH F redemptions?

As per M&M forum...LX F redemptions are going the way of the dodo bird even for M&M members unless you are a SEN and HON. Will LH follow soon enough? Will we say goodbye completely to UA LH F award redemptions soon...
[rumour confirmed] LX F awards for SEN/HON only eff 2014
Old Sep 2, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by sp4294
As per M&M forum...LX F redemptions are going the way of the dodo bird even for M&M members unless you are a SEN and HON. Will LH follow soon enough? Will we say goodbye completely to UA LH F award redemptions soon...
Could happen, but LH F does not have a capacity problem and if they eliminate *A award travel, they will lose 1/2 of their F pax and 1/4 of their F revenue.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
LH F is much more widespread than LX F (which is funny because I've flown LX F and not LH F yet!).
Old Sep 2, 2013, 5:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ff-2014-a.html
Old Sep 2, 2013, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by faithwins
Just completed a PVG-PEK-FRA-ORD-ATL-IAD-FRA-KIX-PVG trip using UA miles with the following LH F legs

PEK-FRA: A380
FRA-ORD: 747 (New F)
IAD-FRA: A330 (Old F)
FRA-KIX: 747 (New F)

Had a blast combined with some great crews. The A380 cabin is fantastic, and I felt I could do yoga in the bathroom. I appreciate the touches such a personal lockers, and complete black out curtains between the galley (cough cough UA).

The 747 New F gives an insane amount of space, I think it may be the most personal space in the sky, along with SQ Suites, alebit with a lot less privacy. The bed is what gave the edge to the 747 to the A380 for me. Never have I slept so soundly on a plane before.

The highlight was FRA-KIX where I was the only passenger in F. On the top deck of a 747, it felt like a private jet!

Food was eh, interesting. I'm not into fancy food so it was a little much for me. I wrote up a TR I'll post soon.
I flew the KIX route recently and also had it to myself. It was great, haha.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
I flew the KIX route recently and also had it to myself. It was great, haha.
I was all alone on DEN-FRA in May (albeit old F). Even with the older product, there's just something about having the whole hump to yourself on a 747-400 that's just too cool to describe!
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by AZjohns
So who on FT would ever book Y on LH

Thanks for the updates Aaron ^
A last minute domestic LH award. I would rather have Sen lounge access, free bags, two carry ons, etc., then deal with the nonsense of a typical European carrier where one has no status.

According to a hot M&M thread, yes:

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The policy behind the release of O inventory (to M&M or FFP partners= has also been 'updated' . The days of UA MP folks booking a T<14d award are also counting down.
UA and LH are becoming total party poopers. First they took away the ability to upgrade Z to F with a paper GPU. Then they added P class which had the fares formerly occupied by Z, and Z now has the fares formerly occupied by D. Now this.

GPUs and miles are becoming useless. The age of the Kayaker approaches.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by mre5765
GPUs and miles are becoming useless. The age of the Kayaker approaches.
May be it's the time that most airlines want to get rid of FFP forever
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
The airlines want it multiple ways. They want to have a way to attract a frequent buying customer in a business where the product is a commodity but they are unwilling to make the investments and incur the costs.

Chase's ultimate rewards product is pure genius. But the airlines will poop that party soon enough.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Chase's ultimate rewards product is pure genius. But the airlines will poop that party soon enough.
can you elaborate on this?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Too much money to be made in selling miles.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by AZjohns
So who on FT would ever book Y on LH
A last minute domestic LH award. I would rather have Sen lounge access, free bags, two carry ons, etc., then deal with the nonsense of a typical European carrier where one has no status.
Just to let you know, *Golds are not allowed 2 carry-ons in Y - only biz pax - as far as I have experienced on LH Y. (One can get away with it most of the time, though)

I have been "directed" (ordered) many times to gate-check it (even with overhead storage *completely empty* throughout the aircraft, and due to this, I have barely made my intercontinental flights in time, as I have had to reclaim my rollerboard down below in the dungeons of FRA...

Also, there's a rumor that SEN lounge access for *Golds is going to be removed, with probable Business Lounge access...
Old Sep 10, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Just finished IAD-FRA MUC-LAX, both in new F. Each seat opened around T-7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.