Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
if you end up asking for compemsation, please follow up with the result. i'm in an identical position - although i'm not sure what i have for receipts. perhaps the GOES website has them saved.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by riphamilton
if you end up asking for compemsation, please follow up with the result. i'm in an identical position - although i'm not sure what i have for receipts. perhaps the GOES website has them saved.
I sent a screen shot of the GOES Website that showed payment date, as well as screen shot of credit card Website showing payment.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:14 am

Mixed messages on if it can / cannot be done.

Personally, I've had success with it when I did it quite some time ago. Many things may have changed though since then.

Here is a thread where I listed out the process I took. {deleted suggestion after merge}

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 17, 2014 at 3:11 pm Reason: deleted suggestion after merge
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
to update, i emailed [email protected] on nov 19 with screenshots of GOES receipt and credit card statement in order to get a check in the mail. i haven't heard back.

any suggestions on how to follow up? i'm guessing the general refunds department won't help out.

EDIT: followed up with the twitter team, and then a couple of days later got a call from a gentleman in UA corporate. he offered a $100 TCVA, which i accepted.

Last edited by riphamilton; Jan 8, 2015 at 7:48 am Reason: follow up
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: 1k
I got my code within 24 hours.

Mastercard CC #

I just applied and everything went smoothly.

Thanks to this site I just saved $100!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:26 pm

I read that UA will discontinue the GE fee ...

I did not read carefully and apply for the code with their CC# and mailing address etc.
Two of us paid for the fees with our own CCs...and wrote to UA to request the refunds, and sure enough today, UA mailed us a $100 each.^
We were told that we might get an E cert or they might put the $100 into our travel bank accounts.
Cash refund is sure much better. Thanks UA.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Can anyone confirm if the code can be used for someone else without consequence? I know it's been asked but did not see a confirmed datapoint.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: AA DULtArer
The program ended on Feb 1 2015, so unless you paid retroactively, it is probably a goose chase. The documentation you would have to provide would probably also demonstrate you are not meeting the TC of the offer.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
The program ended on Feb 1 2015, so unless you paid retroactively, it is probably a goose chase. The documentation you would have to provide would probably also demonstrate you are not meeting the TC of the offer.
I requested before 2/1 and received a "credit card number" with the name global entry. What documentation would be needed to use it? I'm asking if I can just let my friend use this "credit card" to apply for his own?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.