Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:45 pm

Award seat openings

Hi all,

I am trying to book 2, possibly 3 business saver awards from ord-dxb in February (2 months from now), but I can't even find one award space open on a united operated flight. Even looking at the seat map, there are almost no seats booked in business class yet. How come united does not have more saver seats open when the flight is only 2 months away and almost no business seats have been sold. Also, what is the chance seats open up as time passes?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by JT00SWIM
Hi all,

I am trying to book 2, possibly 3 business saver awards from ord-dxb in February (2 months from now), but I can't even find one award space open on a united operated flight. Even looking at the seat map, there are almost no seats booked in business class yet. How come united does not have more saver seats open when the flight is only 2 months away and almost no business seats have been sold. Also, what is the chance seats open up as time passes?
Just the way it's

Even if there's 50/60 open seats last minute they may not even open saver.

Many factors. I.e. UA Knows if they open saver awards, standard award bookers will change into saver at no fees for upper premier members.

You can keep checking everyday but good luck. UA saver space is tough these days.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by JT00SWIM
Hi all,

Good luck. The DXB premium cabin award space is very rare. Of course, you can book Y with J waitlisted. I've seen some last-minute inventory open. But you risk 13 hours in Y .
Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:47 pm

I'm planning a trip from EWR to BCN next June now. I'm looking to go mid June 2016 with a business saver seat.

Right now, the availability is very low for business savers. The one nonstop flight is not an economy saver award, rather it's a standard award. Does anyone think that the one nonstop flight on that day (17th) would ever open up an economy or business saver award?

I'm debating on either waiting for either the one nonstop flight to open an economy or business saver seat (I would waitlist if economy opened), or if I should play it safe and book the available economy saver award seat for the partner flight from EWR - ZHR - BCN. If I were to book the economy saver award for the partner flight, I would waitlist for a business saver award also.

What would be the best thing to do? I also have no "status" with United, but I do have the explorer card. Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Dom624
I'm planning a trip from EWR to BCN next June now. I'm looking to go mid June 2016 with a business saver seat.

Right now, the availability is very low for business savers. The one nonstop flight is not an economy saver award, rather it's a standard award. Does anyone think that the one nonstop flight on that day (17th) would ever open up an economy or business saver award?

I'm debating on either waiting for either the one nonstop flight to open an economy or business saver seat (I would waitlist if economy opened), or if I should play it safe and book the available economy saver award seat for the partner flight from EWR - ZHR - BCN. If I were to book the economy saver award for the partner flight, I would waitlist for a business saver award also.

What would be the best thing to do? I also have no "status" with United, but I do have the explorer card. Thanks!
Client in BCN

First is full IMHE, chances of J saver are slim
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Client in BCN

First is full IMHE, chances of J saver are slim
I'd be getting an I saver though for business class. I just want to know if it's better to wait and see if the nonstop standard award would become a saver award or if I should book the partner flight economy saver award now and waitlist for business saver.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dom624
I'd be getting an I saver though for business class. I just want to know if it's better to wait and see if the nonstop standard award would become a saver award or if I should book the partner flight economy saver award now and waitlist for business saver.
If business seat is essential, book the standard award nonstop and manually watch for the saver. Can not waitlist for saver if booked standard, but can manually change.

If conserving miles is essential (or not available for standard), book the saver economy and waitlist for saver business on UA.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If business seat is essential, book the standard award nonstop and manually watch for the saver. Can not waitlist for saver if booked standard, but can manually change.

If conserving miles is essential (or not available for standard), book the saver economy and waitlist for saver business on UA.
Thanks, I would like to fly there in Business but only have about 100k miles. I was planning on business saver there and economy saver back so about 100k miles.

Then again, I did just get my Explorer card and will be getting another 55k miles from the bonus.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
Does UA even have LF first inventory anymore?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:31 am

Booking a Luftansa flight with United

I think I might have blown my chances. I'm taking a trip to Italy at the end of March.

There was the perfect flight for me on a Sunday using miles that I should have booked. Now when I go to view the flights for that day, it's all under Turkish Airlines which I don't want (18 hours versus 32 hours and more than 1 flight change).

Any chance that flight would pop up again or is pretty much done for? The flight is still offered but on Monday instead of Sunday which I really don't want due to traffic.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Sure, there's a chance, but it's not readily predictable.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Does anyone know if Silver Airways (3M) has reliable last minute releases of award inventory? Trying to go RSW-EYW on a specific date in 2 wks and don't wanna pay a walk up fare or take the ferry if it can be avoided.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:24 am

Will it get any better than this itinerary?

My wife and I are planning a trip to Hawaii in late Apr/early May 2016, and I've been looking at flights for a few weeks now. We have enough miles for first class round trip and have the Mileageplus Explorer card.

Currently, I'm looking at:
  • DEN -> OGG (1 stop in SFO) (3 days/3 nights)
  • OGG -> HNL (3 days/3 nights)
  • HNL -> DEN (non-stop, overnight back to DEN)
...over a span of 6-7 days. I found an itinerary that looks great and I'm not sure if it will get any better than this. First class to/from the mainland, with the only economy tickets being DEN -> SFO and OGG -> HNL.

The only way it could is if there was a First Saver Award for the daily non-stop from DEN -> OGG (currently connects through SFO right now). I haven't seen the first saver award for that non-stop flight yet.

My question - is it worth waiting around to see if the first saver award will make itself available for DEN -> OGG, or am I risking it and should just book what I have now?

Also, last Wednesday, I swear there had to be phantom award space. I searched on that day, and before I started looking too heavily, saw that pretty much every leg, every day, had the non-stop first saver award, either to/from HNL or OGG. I thought I got all the way down to putting in my wife's traveler information, but not sure. And of course, I didn't book, because at the time, I thought I would see this availability again. But of course, I haven't. That had to be phantom award space, right???

Thanks in advance for the reply.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus, SQ KrisFlyer, BA Avios, SPG Gold, Priority Club, Platinum Card
UA Award Availability?! ...

I have been looking to book an economy saver award on mileage plus, and when I went to pull the trigger today the site went from full availability to no availability on every flight.

I find it extremely hard to believe that in 1 minute all flights got sold out in economy.

MIA-EWR Apr 03 one way.

... united...
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The award search function has been problematic for the past few days. Keep trying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.