Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Those are p.s. routes and the capacity between LAX/SFO and the NYC area has been reduced with the move to EWR. No surprise. Something might eventually open up off-peak time/day.

As a 1K, I see saver economy EWR-SFO on non-stops July 3,4,8,9 and August 5. Didn't check LAX.
Add to that the multitude of overseas, especially EU flights EWR is the gateway of, resulting in high award demand for connecting pax.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:10 pm

Hi all. I'm trying to book a BusinessFirst class flight to Fiji w/ Auckland layover on the way back in December, and I'd like to fly United's SFO-AKL flight there and back.

Long story short, if I can't find saver biz availability, I'll book one-way back using miles, then pay for the rest. But, if I can find saver biz availability, then I should be able to do the whole thing on miles.

Is it possible to book now, and if saver biz availability opens up, change my ticket to get those miles back?

Also, when is it likely that saver biz availability opens up (if ever; it is NZ during the holidays)?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:00 pm

I know NZ space is tough to come by for their traditional routes but what about the 5th freedom route of LHR-LAX in Business Class?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
I know NZ space is tough to come by for their traditional routes but what about the 5th freedom route of LHR-LAX in Business Class?
I should clarify: I'd like to fly United's 787, not NZ's 777. So I'd like to fly United to and from Auckland. So I'm most concerned about Business Saver availability on United's new (starting Oct 2016) flight from SFO to AKL.

I think I'm going to go ahead and book the standard award, just so I know I have the seat. If saver seats open up later, I'd have to pay change fees, but I'd still end up saving a ton.

It's an interesting time for flights to Auckland: American's starting a daily non-stop LAX-AKL in the summer, and United is starting a daily non-stop in the fall. Maybe the increased competition and inventory will mean potential saver availability? But it's still NZ on the Saturday before Christmas - I'm not optimistic.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
You asked the same question in the thread you started in the *A forum.

Best J Class West Coast
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
What do folks think about saver Y availability opening up on Labor Day (September 5) for Europe-US? Taking a look, it seems like there is some at LHR and BRU, but not much else. I am flying back from LIS and would prefer taking the UA flight nonstop, but it only has standard. Think there's a chance saver opens up at some point? I did see XN availability a couple days before I booked before it disappeared (it had been XN=9).

(I would still rather do a standard award anyways than pay extra $$$ to fly elsewhere from LIS first)
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:57 am

I'm trying to fly from IAH-LHR on 22-Apr or 23-Apr. No business savers on any of the three non-stop flights (or flights with stops) even though looks like plenty of availability in business cabins. 27 / 30; 29 / 30; 29 / 36 business seats available on the flights currently.

Is there something going on that week / weekend that makes it less likely UA will release biz saver awards? Any tips?

Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Anyone think UA will open up I inventory for NRT-EWR on March 27? R=3 currently, but my wife is on an award ticket right now - so don't want to make the hop unless I can get her upgraded too.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:17 am

Swiss Award release...

Hey,

when does Swiss release award availability? I'm looking at Zurich-JNB in Jan 2017 and i don't see any even though the flights look like they are almost 100% empty.

Looking to book in business class as part of a larger award booking...

any insight on when this may open up?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by jp12687
Hey,

when does Swiss release award availability? I'm looking at Zurich-JNB in Jan 2017 and i don't see any even though the flights look like they are almost 100% empty.

Looking to book in business class as part of a larger award booking...

any insight on when this may open up?
Rarely, if ever, for UA award redemptions.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:57 am

i knew they limited first class to their own members but they also restrict business?
it looks like i actually can't even buy business seats right now-- only economy and first on all dates around my travel? something seems weird here...
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Plenty of availabilty LHR to HKG in Business over the next few months so clearly Swiss must release on some routes.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:16 am

so can anyone find Business availability from Zurich to JNB direct via swiss?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:55 pm

also for the segment limits
it looks like i can't get a direct NYC-FCO flight in Jan...have those flights not been released yet or are they cutting it?

I have NYC- X - FCO (OJ)- Zurich- DAR- JNB
JNB-X- NYC

If i can't get a direct Zurich- JNB or NYC-FCO it looks like i have too many segments in one direction? any thoughts on how to make that a valid itinerary?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by JetAway
Rarely, if ever, for UA award redemptions.
Not true. LX and LH routinely tie for the easiest saver *A award gateway to book from BOS.

It's all about the route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.