Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA sent me another person's receipt or travel info / sent my info to wrong email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA sent me another person's receipt or travel info / sent my info to wrong email

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by TomMM
Somebody using your MP#?
I do not think so.

I was originally booked on the flights (kind of). It has my name but no reservation.

I saw someone post about an email but I did not receive an email.

Not sure who to contact at UA IT.

Everything looks fine with my account and honestly if I had not been checking the time for a reservation in a week or so would have no knowledge as did not get the usual text to check in 24 hours ahead of the reservation.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle

Not sure who to contact at UA IT.
In the past I've had UA's Insider proactively reach out to me regarding a tech issue. For this I'd play stupid and call MP customer service inquiring about the itinerary.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 3:37 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I was just served up someone else's MileagePlus account info on UA.com

Wow, this is a first. I log into UA.com to check my balance, trips, and the right panel on homepage spins a bit and waits. Then to my surprise, it serves up the name and account number of someone who is not me. An actual name and account number that appears to be someone real.

Has this ever happened to others? I cleared all the cookies, etc., not wanting to see someone else's info. But makes me wonder, did my info get served up to someone else too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.