Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA sent me another person's receipt or travel info / sent my info to wrong email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA sent me another person's receipt or travel info / sent my info to wrong email

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by findark
You should get the reservation canceled and the ticket reissued, but otherwise I wouldn't worry overly much.
I called them back just now and found that even though I had corrected the email address, the bogus one was still the primary one for the record and all emails were still going to that address. Geez
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Weird. I did 2 bookings and canceled one, got emails for the other 2...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
A year ago I received a complete eTicket for some one else. I called her, explained that it is dangerous to her if anyone has her record locator. I then called the sirline, spoke to a supervisor...she was thankful.
Old May 14, 2017, 5:14 pm

Random Itinerary attached to my account

Anyone ever seen this? I can see all the info... like even the full receipt... though maybe most impressive is they paid $130 all in for two one way fares EWR-FLL!
Old May 14, 2017, 8:12 pm

What date was it booked? Was it an itinerary booked today, or was it an older one that just got attached today?
Old May 15, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Maybe a typo in MP#
Old May 15, 2017, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Or some corporate travel agency screwed up and used the wrong traveler profile.
A couple of times I've seen itineraries for people with the same name as me.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:37 am

good questions - Looks like it was issued April 4th... guessing they booked it themselves since it shows last 4 of cc... anyways i contacted UA when i was dealing with other issues but it is still sitting there... really makes you wonder.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by thatguyoverthere
good questions - Looks like it was issued April 4th... guessing they booked it themselves since it shows last 4 of cc... anyways i contacted UA when i was dealing with other issues but it is still sitting there... really makes you wonder.
In these situations I have gone into the reservation and removed my FF number. That removes it from my itineraries page and removes the risk of the traveler's trip being credited to the wrong FF account.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Inflight Receipt Email - send to the wrong person ???

Flew UA 548 this morning and it was uneventful, until I got home and checked my email. Found an email from "[email protected] with an invoice for my onboard food purchases, but I never purchased anything. I almost never do. I never took my credit card out for any reason and the customer name they list, well it is just initials and they are not mine, not even close. They list a credit card number but only show the last 4 digits and none of my cards have those digits....I even went to far as to check my credit card accounts and no matching charges and the only charge from UA is for the extra miles I bought on this trip...

So it leaves me wondering, has anyone else had this happen? Any guesses as to how they did this? Oh, no one in my row bought anything, no one in my wife's row bought anything either...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gene2632
Flew UA 548 this morning and it was uneventful, until I got home and checked my email. Found an email from "[email protected] with an invoice for my onboard food purchases, but I never purchased anything. I almost never do. I never took my credit card out for any reason and the customer name they list, well it is just initials and they are not mine, not even close. They list a credit card number but only show the last 4 digits and none of my cards have those digits....I even went to far as to check my credit card accounts and no matching charges and the only charge from UA is for the extra miles I bought on this trip...

So it leaves me wondering, has anyone else had this happen? Any guesses as to how they did this? Oh, no one in my row bought anything, no one in my wife's row bought anything either...
Did you change seats with another passenger to accommodate their being next to their kids?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I made a purchase a few weeks ago, and just as she ran my card (for the correct amount), she said made an error and receipt would be going to the guy sitting in xyz. No big deal, as it wasn't work related.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I made a purchase a few weeks ago, and just as she ran my card (for the correct amount), she said made an error and receipt would be going to the guy sitting in xyz. No big deal, as it wasn't work related.
No big deal for you. But big surprise to the guy sitting in xyz who will then ask here on FT about it.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
No big deal for you. But big surprise to the guy sitting in xyz who will then ask here on FT about it.
In my case no, as he was sitting across the aisle from me. He offered to forward the receipt to me, but I didn’t need it.
StuckinITH likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
No seat changes, sat in the same seat I booked months ago. 21C, the seat always try to book on 737s.

No, it is not a big deal, something like $24 and change for 3 different boxes and my card was not charged but it leaves me wondering. Right now I am wondering who will get my miles from this trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.