Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:56 am

I'm contemplating choosing either 20AB or 21BC for our EWR-BRU leg. I know DH would like having the extra legroom in 21C and while I don't like the middle, it looks like easy enough access out. With 20AB and no under-seat storage, we only need to stow items during take off and landing correct? How's the overhead storage there? And the armrest with the tv and tray cannot be raised, correct? Where is the tray/tv for 21C? In the outer armrest?

We most definitely do not need a bassinet, so unless they are going to put someone else's baby by me, Row 10 is safe on my flight.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
So I have a choice of 7A, current seat, and 6D or G - middle seats.
Is the galley going to be a prob in 7A? Should I move to row 6?
Any input on this? I now have the option of 6B or 7A. Does 7A get a lot of light from the galley? It's a little more private, no aisle activity, next to the window, but I don't want a crazy bright light all up in my face while I'm trying to sleep.

I'm secretly hoping I can buy-up to GF for a reasonable price, just to try it once. 2 seats open...
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Any input on this? I now have the option of 6B or 7A. Does 7A get a lot of light from the galley? It's a little more private, no aisle activity, next to the window, but I don't want a crazy bright light all up in my face while I'm trying to sleep.

I'm secretly hoping I can buy-up to GF for a reasonable price, just to try it once. 2 seats open...
I personally like 7A because it is reverse facing. I don't recall light from the galley being an issue. Once in flight, there's enough space between the entertainment unit and the bulkhead in 7A to place a bag or other carry-on item.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
^ I have similar views on 7A.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by voodoogirl
I'm contemplating choosing either 20AB or 21BC for our EWR-BRU leg. I know DH would like having the extra legroom in 21C and while I don't like the middle, it looks like easy enough access out. With 20AB and no under-seat storage, we only need to stow items during take off and landing correct? How's the overhead storage there? And the armrest with the tv and tray cannot be raised, correct? Where is the tray/tv for 21C? In the outer armrest?

We most definitely do not need a bassinet, so unless they are going to put someone else's baby by me, Row 10 is safe on my flight.
21C has the same table/tv config of table in arm and tv on separate arm that folds up.

Overhead rack space on 777 has always seemed ample to me, especially in E+
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
21C has the same table/tv config of table in arm and tv on separate arm that folds up.

Overhead rack space on 777 has always seemed ample to me, especially in E+
I did a transatlantic in 21C and was less enamored with it than I thought I would be. You're basically sitting in the aisle with nowhere to put anything except under your feet. I was constantly getting whacked by the carts and tripping FAs as they went down the aisle. This will be less of an issue for you (I was solo), but 21A and B really don't have any more room to get out than any other row, so they are falling all over you when they have to go the bathroom.

If it were me, I'd go for 20, or an exit row if it's available.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Currently in 7A. On the wiki it says 7A/K has "middle windows". What does that mean? Should I switch to row 6A/K?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Currently in 7A. On the wiki it says 7A/K has "middle windows". What does that mean? Should I switch to row 6A/K?
Not exactly sure what that means - perhaps that there's no window right up against the bulkhead wall? Anyway, the windows are fine. IIRC, there are two, so you can see out both while sitting up or lying down. If you wanted your feet to look out the window, because you had eyes on your feet or something weird, then you might have an issue.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AC Elite
Which E+ seat is better

Which seat is better on the 777-200 from Sea to Nrt. UA875
20A,B or 21C

Thx
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, National EE
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...-200_2_New.php

So, probably 21C unless you want a window (and possibly an infant).

Edit: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rnational.html

Last edited by coutura; Oct 31, 2013 at 6:28 pm
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by coutura:21704327
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...-200_2_New.php

So, probably 21C unless you really want a window (and possibly an infant).
+1. However I think the odds of an infant are probably low & you could roll the duce. (& this is someone with an infant!)
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
The trays are in the armrests, so you can't raise them and the seat is narrower than a regular seat. But the leg room is great. I'd prefer 20B cause then I can use the bulkhead as a foot rest (putting on asbestos right now). You may be more likely to get hit by carts and people in 21C.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by manneca
The trays are in the armrests, so you can't raise them and the seat is narrower than a regular seat. But the leg room is great. I'd prefer 20B cause then I can use the bulkhead as a foot rest (putting on asbestos right now). You may be more likely to get hit by carts and people in 21C.
+1, the leg room and foot rest make bulkhead awesome seat. I avoid aisle on long haul specifically because of the cart and other pax using every seat back as grab rail while walking.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Any thoughts on 8AB and 8JK? Will the bathroom noise too loud?

Would 10 AB/JK be better?

I have never sat in row 8 and 10 before, and would appreciate your comments.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Any thoughts on 8AB and 8JK? Will the bathroom noise too loud?

Would 10 AB/JK be better?

I have never sat in row 8 and 10 before, and would appreciate your comments.
I've sat in Row 8 before and I don't recall the bathroom noise being an issue at all. Row 10, at least B and J, both face directly into the Y cabin, which some have described as a horror worse than death.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.