Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hello,

I currently have 4 tickets booked, we are sitting in 8AB/9AB.

Which is better for a flight where one needs to sleep? I have a choice of either 8B or 9B(My +1 must have window...), and it looks like 9B you'd see the galley/toilet, but 8B you are directly behind it even though you aren't facing it.

Any thoughts?

I've never ever considered the 4 accross seats, but with 4 people that are very close with eachother(my +1 and 2 best mates), are any of the 4 accross seats worth considering? Perhaps row 6 C-H ? We are going for the best seats to sleep so privacy/no light/quietness is the most important factors for us
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Hello,

Which is better for a flight where one needs to sleep? I have a choice of either 8B or 9B(My +1 must have window...), and it looks like 9B you'd see the galley/toilet, but 8B you are directly behind it even though you aren't facing it.

Any thoughts?

I've never ever considered the 4 accross seats, but with 4 people that are very close with eachother(my +1 and 2 best mates), are any of the 4 accross seats worth considering? Perhaps row 6 C-H ? We are going for the best seats to sleep so privacy/no light/quietness is the most important factors for us
I've sat in 8B and you don't really notice the lav other than the foot traffic, which is almost the same in 9B. I wouldn't worry about your choices, and unless all 4 of you want a party row I'd stick with what you have.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Hello,

Any thoughts?

If your +1 and 2 best mates want to talk to each other during the flight C-H is a better option.

My personal preference is an aisle in the front section. I would pick 6 C-H for your group.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:03 am

Programs: UA Silver
I am traveling single in J and generally prefer an isle. What's better, 6C or 9B? Regarding 9B, I am primarily concerned about traffic/noise/light/general lack of peace. 6K is also available, which while not isle, seems to be more private. Thoughts?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by agoldstein
I am traveling single in J and generally prefer an isle. What's better, 6C or 9B? Regarding 9B, I am primarily concerned about traffic/noise/light/general lack of peace. 6K is also available, which while not isle, seems to be more private. Thoughts?
Row 6 over row 9 IMO - further away from the galley/lav

Window will be the most private, but I'm an aisle person...depends on your needs
Old Aug 10, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM *Alliance Gold
Have option of row 8 vs row 9 window and aisle. Prefer forward facing, but is this row 9 window ok with the wing edge starting here? Is there enough in front of the wing for a good view forward?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by drewguy
BTW, I thought 6B was a pilot rest seat on most 777 flights.
For LHR-IAD (relatively short flight at 7-8 hours) how much use will the 6B rest seat get?

Is 6A the best choice if flying solo and preferring a window?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by geo1005
Is 6A the best choice if flying solo and preferring a window?
6A or 6K is usually my seat of choice if flying solo and wanting a window. I haven't tried the back cabin on the IPTE config yet though so my next flight I have 9A. It's a domestic SFO-ORD so figured it would be the perfect opportunity to give it a try.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
6A it is! Thanks!

I figure 6B (if set aside for crew rest) won't get occupied until after the meal service... by that time I may be asleep.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by geo1005
6A it is! Thanks!

I figure 6B (if set aside for crew rest) won't get occupied until after the meal service... by that time I may be asleep.
You're welcome!

Last time I was on a flight with crew rest in BF both A and B were blocked for the crew so you might be ok.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by JDS747
You're welcome!

Last time I was on a flight with crew rest in BF both A and B were blocked for the crew so you might be ok.
On this upcoming flight in October, 6B has been unavailable since I made the (award) booking last February. I am assuming this is for crew rest.

6A has been available and I've just switched to it from a less-desirable seat in BF.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry
Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 777Q (International)

I have 6 AB booked for a TATL next week. It looks as though pilot rest is 2A, which has been my experience, and FA rests are 29 and 30 DEG. Can anyone else confirm if this is often the case? I'd hate to get bumped out of our seats at the last minute, though equipment swaps are also possible.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:41 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by drewguy
I've sat in 8B and you don't really notice the lav other than the foot traffic, which is almost the same in 9B. I wouldn't worry about your choices, and unless all 4 of you want a party row I'd stick with what you have.
Originally Posted by Michael D
If your +1 and 2 best mates want to talk to each other during the flight C-H is a better option.

My personal preference is an aisle in the front section. I would pick 6 C-H for your group.
Talked with the crew and going for it... 6C-H PARTY ROW! I like how it's in the smaller cabin and I think it'd be better for sleeping facing backwards and being at the front. First and only time I probably will sit in one of the 4 accross haha
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:04 am
UD2

777-200 Seat 34E

All

I just booked Seat 34E on a 777-200 trip from Chicago to Beijing. The last time i was on a UA int long haul it was a 2-5-2 config and legroom at the centre section bulkhead row was great.

Does anyone know how the legroom on the new 3-3-3 config row 34 DEF row is?

Would you recommand me taking this row over the other standard E+ seats? I know about the bathroom noise, i really only worry about the leg room.

thanks!!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I haven't experiences row 34, and in the middle I think the bathrooms are less of an issue because you're tucked behind them, not right where everyone gathers.

BTW, 34E is the middle seat-is that all you can get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.