Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on the 77D of row 27 DEF seats. The ones right in front of the crew rest seats. I assume these have regular recline, but I'm not sure what the curtains are like for the crew rest area. I'm considering 27D for a FRA-ORD flight next week.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: Free Agent
UA935 LHR-LAX Best Biz Seat?

Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Jim055
Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Please refer to the first post of this thread; thank you.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
10K or 6D?

10K is a window seat with only other seat/pax next to it, but is close to Y. 6D has pax on both sides but is in front cabin away from lav

What should I pick?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by piemel
10K or 6D?

10K is a window seat with only other seat/pax next to it, but is close to Y. 6D has pax on both sides but is in front cabin away from lav

What should I pick?
Easy choice for me. 10K for sure. There is no way I would pick a middle seat over a window. 10K seems close to economy, but the reality is that it feels very private.

I'm still trying to figure out if 27D on a 77D is a good seat, with the crew rest seats behind it.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by tods27
Easy choice for me. 10K for sure. There is no way I would pick a middle seat over a window. 10K seems close to economy, but the reality is that it feels very private.
+1. The only drawback to row 10 is that the window/aisle seats are rear facing towards E+. But the angle from the window seat is such that you're not really looking at the unwashed masses. If that's something that worries you. It could also be something that makes you feel fortunate to have your seat in Biz.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by drewguy
+1. The only drawback to row 10 is that the window/aisle seats are rear facing towards E+. But the angle from the window seat is such that you're not really looking at the unwashed masses. If that's something that worries you. It could also be something that makes you feel fortunate to have your seat in Biz.
+2. Once the curtain is shut, you don't notice the less fortunate.

I prefer the rear facing seats if I'm going to sleep.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:33 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by halls120
+2. Once the curtain is shut, you don't notice the less fortunate.

I prefer the rear facing seats if I'm going to sleep.
+3

While I like front facing seats because I like to look out the window, rear facing has been reported more comfortable for sleeping.

And yes, always better to avoid middle row if possible IMHO.

EmailKid
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by EmailKid
While I like front facing seats because I like to look out the window, rear facing has been reported more comfortable for sleeping.
One can look out the window in rear facing seats too, although 10K is over the wing--not sure you could see much if it faced forward.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:50 pm

Seatguru says that 41AL are good. Can anyone confirm? Is it really that much sitting that far back on the bus?

And anyone have any idea as to which seats in E- are windowless?

Other E- seating suggestions are also appreciated.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Flying with 2 - rear-facing seats or not?

I'll be flying in United BusinessFirst on this plane soon: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...-200_2_New.php

However I was wondering as to what the ideal seat selection was flying with my girlfriend. Her next to be or one rear-faced and the other forward-faced? (8B and 9B for example).

Seems a little odd facing another passenger all the time during the flight but on the other hand I prefer sitting next to someone. Not quite sure how the actual seating arrangements looking like in real as I haven't flown United yet.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:46 am

There is a long thread on this topic. For me, I would try to get one of the 4 bulkhead sets - row 6 or row 10. You can't see the people who are facing the opposite direction from you in any of the seats (except across the aisle).
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
I like the rear facing seats (esp by a window for take off). I think you would be better sitting next to each other unless you are very friendly with person next to you.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by tods27
There is a long thread on this topic. For me, I would try to get one of the 4 bulkhead sets - row 6 or row 10. You can't see the people who are facing the opposite direction from you in any of the seats (except across the aisle).
Rows 6 and 10 are facing the opposite row. The plane's configuration is this one: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...-200_2_New.php

Btw what are bulkhead seats, in comparison to 'regular' seats?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:55 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
I have flown in rear facing seats and find it makes no difference in the flight experience. It will be a bit different when taking off and landing. My advice is to get the seats in the pair of 2 seats and avoid the middle row with 4 seats across. Also be certain to make sure that the magaine holder is close. The first time I flew in a rear facing seat, it was left open and all of the magazine and items were thrown out on takeoff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.