Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Version 1 is no longer in service (12 Feb 2017).

Note: This Wiki and thread is devoted to the pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1. There is a second thread, and more extensive Wiki about both planes, in the Wiki and thread on Version 2. This thread should be used for discussion of Version 1, although older posts may refer to Version 2 (they were split 8/30/14).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1360456-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-pmua-3-cabin-777-version-2-a.html

And, if you're looking for the thread about pmCO 777, it's here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1475682-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-pmco-777-international-5.html

How can you tell from seat map which version you're on? Look at the seat map image below - if it's this, you're on Version 1

Version 1 vs. Version 2
There are two version of the international 3-class pmUA airplane.
"Version 1" on the United website has 8 First, 40 Business, and 218 coach seats. (no longer in service)
"Version 21" has 8 First, 40 Business, and 221 coach seats. (formerly Version 2 is now Version 1).

One unique attribute of Version 1 was the crew rest seats at the back of the E+ cabin in the middle section of Rows 29 and 30 (seats DEG). On most flights these seats were curtained off and dedicated for use by the crew. However, they were sometimes available when these planes were used on shorter routes and there was no need for crew rest. They provided much better legroom and footrests. This post contains a description and pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25059936-post991.html

Fixed bassinets were available in economy 19G, 34G -- none in BF or GF.
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by smikih
I am traveling from FRA to IAD on the 777-200 3-class with the 2-4-2 configuration in business. I currently have 9K reserved (forward facing window) but just saw that 6A and 6K have become available (also forward facing windows, but the first row in the smaller/front section.)

Would you recommend sticking with 9K or moving up to one of the window seats in the forward section?

Thanks!
Shana
I always prefer the front section. We're doing IAD-FRA next week in row 7J/7K outbound, and 6J/6K return.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Global Entry, etc...
Thanks! I just spent the last hour and a half reading this entire thread and seems I made the right choice switching to 6K.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by smikih
Thanks! I just spent the last hour and a half reading this entire thread and seems I made the right choice switching to 6K.
It is marginally better, but for any future readers it is not worth agonizing over the difference between 6K and 9K.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPlt, UA Gold, HH Diamond
I'm completing a MileagePlus Premier Gold challenge later this month and will be flying 777 FRA-ORD in Y. Will I be better off in Economy Plus aisle at row 33 (3L/R exit) or row 19 bulkhead just aft of J class? Aisle seats available in both cases.

Any input appreciated.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
On a recent trip, I was scheduled to fly DTW-DEN. That flight went MX, so I was rerouted through ORD, and accepted 46E, a middle seat in the very last row, on the 77Q (ORD-DEN). Though it was tight, there was an AC outlet under my seat, and the IFE worked quite well.

I am glad to see that E- has some power ports, as it used to seem like they were only in F/C/E+.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by 777Pax
I'm completing a MileagePlus Premier Gold challenge later this month and will be flying 777 FRA-ORD in Y. Will I be better off in Economy Plus aisle at row 33 (3L/R exit) or row 19 bulkhead just aft of J class? Aisle seats available in both cases.

Any input appreciated.
Row 33 deals with bathroom congestion. I would go with Row 19, even though you stare into the promised land.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:26 pm

ORD - LHR - what seat in Economy Plus?

Hi Folks,

Wanted to get your collective knowledge of seat configurations to good use. My wife and I are flying to Portugal in a couple days via LHR and I noticed that the agent booked us in 31A and 31B spot for our ORD- LHR flight.

The flight #UA958. I checked seat guru but it doesn't seem like there's a configuration for the 777-200 that they have in there. Now my question- I was told by the agent that this economy plus spot is coveted since it is one of the few that's a 2 seater (vs. 3) in most rows in Economy + and I don't see any incline limiting signs in the seating information. It is very close to the restrooms so I am concerned that we will have to get a deal with issues in proximity to it.

There seems to be plenty of room for us to change seats in Economy +, so I wanted to check with everyone to see what they would recommend. Personally I am hoping purchase an upgrade on the cheap on the day of the flight (looks like plenty of availability on BusinessFirst).

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
On the IPTE 777 those are a pretty good pair of seats. They are at the back of the E+ cabin and near the lavs and also lack much in the way of the window, but for that flight overnight it is a good choice--you'll want it dark to sleep presumably and most everyone else will be asleep too, so not too much lav traffic after dinner.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Lots of discussion on seating for the sUA 3 class 772 in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nal-cabin.html

sUA 3 class 772 in SeatGuru
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Seat 31J any good? Boeing 777-200 for SFO-NRT

Couldn't find any additional info, but looking for a quick insight on this seat. I figure since I couldn't get business class ticket, I might as well take a exit row or something with more legroom. Seatguru said it's next to lavatory, but I think I can compensate that with more leg room.

Any help would be great. TKs

Last edited by twkidM3; Apr 24, 2013 at 11:20 pm
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by twkidM3
Seat 31J any good? Boeing 777-200 for Sfo-hkg
thought SFO-HKG nonstop was 747?

On 772, Row 31 is not exit row

so generally confused
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
thought SFO-HKG nonstop was 747?

On 772, Row 31 is not exit row

so generally confused
ops SFO-NRT sorry
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by twkidM3
ops SFO-NRT sorry
OK, that can be a variety of aircraft, such as 772 3-class but Row 31 is not exit row. Row 33 is exit row.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:03 pm

United #931 - B777 - Row 31

I will be flying SFO-LHR on UA's 3-3-3 configuration of the 777 in Economy Plus.

I selected row 31 as it is one of the few remaining 2 across seats on the plane.

I am concerned about the proximity to the restooms, and in particular, would like to know if the doors to said restrooms open to the aisle next to seat or (hopefully) to walkway between port and starboard sides of plane.

Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Keep in mind there are often lights on near the lav for the entire flight. I was subjected to that misery on a recent UACO B762 redeye flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.