Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Looks like the base fare is missing a 0. You got a great deal!
Still bookable, earns 125% if you are Elite or Elite+.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by GR15
Thanks for the reply! The itinerary is in my previous comment.
it is indeed real. You’re going to get almost 16k status miles. I wish that was a fare I could fly for a mileage run, great deal!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key
UX Gold ( STE+) -> TK Elite (4 month challenge)

Hello,

Currently an Air Europa Suma Gold (STE+), I got a statut match challenge (4 months to fly on TK once, then extension to all year) with TK in 3 business days.

Form Application online, submitting the following:
- passport copy
- physical STE+ card picture
- record of UX FFP transactions

« Thank you for your feedback with the number...
Elite Status Match was done as per your request in your feedback, and your membership account number TK... has been shifted to the Elite status. The Elite card trial period is 4 months. Subsequent to the inclusion of an international flight you will perform with Turkish Airlines within the first 4 months following the beginning of your Elite membership in your account, your trial period will be extended for 8 months and regarded valid for one year in total. If you earn 15,000 status miles in Turkish Airlines international line flights in the first year of your Elite membership, your membership will be extended for one year, and it will be valid for two years in total.

The Elite card holder members are entitled to enter the CIP lounges in all domestic and international flights. In addition to this, the companion tickets are 50% discounted and you are entitled to 20 kg extra baggage in Business flights. You are allowed to use the Business class passenger counter for check-in for the domestic and international flights. Besides, the Business class flights earn more status miles.

The Elite card holder members can enjoy the rights equal to the Star Alliance Gold level in the Star Alliance flights. In addition to this, the Elite members are given priority in the baggage delivery, booking, airline waiter lists, and check-in and boarding queues.

For more information, please click on the following link.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...ils/index.html

Kindly submitted for your information.

Sincerely Yours,

Doga G.
Customer Representative

TURKISH AIRLINES INC.
Customer Contact Center
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:49 pm

FWIW, filled out the webform at TK and asked for a status match with TG gold. Got a reply a day or two later:
"Referring to your request, we are unable to meet your demand positively.
Thank you for your understanding"

Still have a year more of TG gold, but with my upcoming relocation, both other *A airlines (Swiss and TK), as well as Oneworld's Finnair and BA are decent alternatives based on routes and schedules. TG is also still usable for me, even with relocation, but less than before, and with their new reward chart, less interesting than before too.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
An update and a tip:

For the last five months (!) I was chasing TK after they refused to renew my Elite status for two more years. The initial status was granted bu status match from BA Gold and I did everything according to TK rules in order to extend it. Well, it was not and extended at the end of November 18 and it was impossible even to understand way. In the process, that included various feedback forms, the twitter team, the facebook team and the call centre, I got two negative replies (which were total rubbish) but I insisted and in the end it worked. Today I finally received another reply that my status was extended.

This entire process was dreadful and it's a shame that TK operates like this but at least there is some hope that if you insist and resist there can be a happy end.
Old May 2, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Hi FTers,

Looking to take advantage of this deal while I'm still Gold with Sky Team and I have a question before starting this process. Do I have to book the flight once the Status match has been granted and attach the TK M&S number to my booking? Or can I book now a flight in September then ask for the Status Match and update my booking?

Thank you
Old May 2, 2019, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan
Hi FTers,

Looking to take advantage of this deal while I'm still Gold with Sky Team and I have a question before starting this process. Do I have to book the flight once the Status match has been granted and attach the TK M&S number to my booking? Or can I book now a flight in September then ask for the Status Match and update my booking?

Thank you
You will have 4 months as a challenge to fly on TK qualifying segment to extend it to 12 month, and during this time it will be up to you to requalify for next year.
In order to take the benefit of the status match longer, you can maybe book your flight now to save a fare (General tip; make sure that the class is eligible for mileage accrual), ask for the status match 2-3 weeks before your first TK flight, add the TK FFP number to the existing booking once your are granted gold membership.
Old May 2, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by catsniper75

You will have 4 months as a challenge to fly on TK qualifying segment to extend it to 12 month, and during this time it will be up to you to requalify for next year.
In order to take the benefit of the status match longer, you can maybe book your flight now to save a fare (General tip; make sure that the class is eligible for mileage accrual), ask for the status match 2-3 weeks before your first TK flight, add the TK FFP number to the existing booking once your are granted gold membership.
Thank you for your reply, that's what I was hoping.

Am I right to assume that most classes when flying Y TK internationally will earn miles (as low as 25%)? On their website, these show.

M, H, S, E, Q, A, OT, L, V W, P, F, U
Old May 2, 2019, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan
Thank you for your reply, that's what I was hoping.

Am I right to assume that most classes when flying Y TK internationally will earn miles (as low as 25%)? On their website, these show.

M, H, S, E, Q, A, OT, L, V W, P, F, U
I did not check the earning / qualifying chart, but as you managed to get it from TK website, you should be right.

If the booking class doesn’t show upon flight booking, you can use the following websites to identify / book the lowest Y fare available with the booking class info being displayed.
- Ita matrix https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

- Expedia

While this is a is a general approach: you can choose to buy it on Expedia for instance or if you really want to buy it on TK: if the price matches comparing to TK website, one can assume that it would stand for the same fare / booking class.
B0gdan likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: Skywards (Gold), Star Alliance (Gold), Turkish Airlines (Elite +)
Originally Posted by jay49
Does anyone know a good airline that will match Turkish Airlines Elite Plus. The best part of Elite Plus - the two free upgrades per year are worthless and a huge scam apparently. Quoting my other thread below because the forum won't let me link.

"Last year I went way out of my way to fly on Turkish Airlines to earn Elite Plus because I knew it came with some pretty good perks, most importantly 2 upgrades per year and at least two years of Elite Plus membership. I flew Turkish repeatedly even when they cost more and in lieu of the VASTLY superior Qatar because I knew I would get Elite Plus which would get me four business class tickets for the price of four economy tickets.

Now I decided to use those upgrades. I had my assistant call and find out. They were extremely unhelpful trying to avoid giving her any info because she was "not the card holder" even though she was only asking general questions. Eventually they told her, just call us and check the flights you want to book and we'll tell you if they can be upgraded.

So I called and tried to do that. Now they claim that they will not tell me unless I give them a ticket number. What a convenient scam. I don't want to buy a flight that I cannot upgrade and why would they EVER upgrade a ticket after the fact? It's hard enough to use miles (no availability). This basically means that these "free upgrades" are a lie and a scam. I'm never going to manage to book a flight by random accident that can be "upgraded".

Please tell me there is some kind of work around for this gigantic scam?

To make matters worse one of them told me that they "changed their system in November" to make it "impossible to get this information with a ticket number". "
I've managed to use my vouchers fairly easily. You can check how many J fare bucket seats are available. If there are at least 8 it should be no problem using the voucher. I used one yesterday for a flight in June. They gave me SWU (BHX-IST-KUL) both legs upgraded for one voucher.
Also it is worth noting that they don't charge taxes when you use these vouchers whereas with a standard upgrade you're still liable for taxes.

Last edited by Alisonnoonan; May 10, 2019 at 12:19 pm Reason: add info
Old May 20, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver, SG *G, TK *G
Dear All,

thank you very much for clear instructions. I am a Singapore *G card holder, I submitted a request via the TK feedback page (Miles & More - Membership process), attaching
a photo of my card, my statement (screenshot) and copy of my passport and received a reply within THIRTY MINUTES. This is a record
I was upgrade to Elite, with a 4 month "challenge" - I need to take 1 international flight to get a full year of *G - not much of a challenge, if you ask me.
I then need to clock up 15000 miles to keep my status for another year. This sounds incredibly generous!

I tried to locate the mileage accrual details on TK website but after 10 minutes of intense googling - and I want to think I am rather good at searching for stuff - I could
not find anything. Can you help?

On this note, any mileage run recommendations from London or UK to get my 15000 miles?

Mel
Old May 20, 2019, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by melafafon

I tried to locate the mileage accrual details on TK website but after 10 minutes of intense googling - and I want to think I am rather good at searching for stuff - I could
not find anything. Can you help?

On this note, any mileage run recommendations from London or UK to get my 15000 miles?
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...nes/index.html

BKK in J is usually a decent price. Cheaper if positioning to Scandinavia. You get 160% of miles flown, all count as status miles.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...nes/index.html

BKK in J is usually a decent price. Cheaper if positioning to Scandinavia. You get 160% of miles flown, all count as status miles.
Thanks a million! This means that 2000 pounds spent on a pleasant flight to BKK gets me 2 years of TK *G - this is very positively bonkers.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by melafafon
... this is very positively bonkers.
Not really... Now you are considering giving £2k to TK that they otherwise weren't getting. And all it costs them is the price of lounge access for the handful of times over two years that you travel *A partners in Y.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Not really... Now you are considering giving £2k to TK that they otherwise weren't getting. And all it costs them is the price of lounge access for the handful of times over two years that you travel *A partners in Y.
I use *A around 20 times a year, often travelling with another person with no *G, have a bit of extra luggage here or there, and do appreciate business check-in above all things, especially when flying out of Eastern Europe/Caucasus/Central Asia. So all the perks line up nicely for me.

Not sure how frequent are *G upgrades for TK Elite card holiders while flying TK, they did happen on SG, OK and LH when I used them as a Gold/Platinum card holder.

Also, I would have spent the said 2k on a business flight somewhere anyway when going on holiday.

But I guess we can just agree to disagree on how nice it is to get a *G for 15000 miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.