Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Operated by Turkish.

If you read the main thread, you'll see lots of complaints from people who did their miles with a *A airline. TK status match (2017 onwards)
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Operated by Turkish.

If you read the main thread, you'll see lots of complaints from people who did their miles with a *A airline. TK status match (2017 onwards)
Thanks! Was searching for the thread but clearly didn't look hard enough. Mods please merge.

EDIT:
Quick additional question - I have been planning my 15K on Turkish, and while logged into my M&S Elite account and booking a business class flight, an accrual of the following from CAI-DPS is shown. It says 8021 status miles, and 8021 bonus miles, is this exclusive of the business class bonus for status miles? Or has everything already been factored in? Thanks!

Here is a screenshot: https://ibb.co/9p801sZ

Last edited by thelister; Aug 10, 2019 at 2:01 am
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thelister
Thanks! Was searching for the thread but clearly didn't look hard enough. Mods please merge.

EDIT:
Quick additional question - I have been planning my 15K on Turkish, and while logged into my M&S Elite account and booking a business class flight, an accrual of the following from CAI-DPS is shown. It says 8021 status miles, and 8021 bonus miles, is this exclusive of the business class bonus for status miles? Or has everything already been factored in? Thanks!

Here is a screenshot: https://ibb.co/9p801sZ
The calculator is a mess. Just figure out the actual mileage for CAI-IST-DPS and apply the appropriate 160% multiplier yourself.

I imagine that route is roughly 7,000 miles x 1.6 for an Elite member in Business Class. (each way)
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

duplicate
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
IST-DPS credited 10273 miles with bonus and 8668 withouth the bonus (mine and my spouses account respectively), for flight in K class (business)
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:03 am

The calculator is a mess. Just figure out the actual mileage for CAI-IST-DPS and apply the appropriate 160% multiplier yourself.

I imagine that route is roughly 7,000 miles x 1.6 for an Elite member in Business Class. (each way)
Thanks amigos. Just to clarify, if I fly, for example, TUN-IST-KUL in K, MileCalc says it would be 6245 miles. The total STATUS miles would then be 6245 x 1.6 = ± 9900. Both ways, the STATUS miles would be ±20000.

Thus, would this satisfy my status match requirements of 15K miles on TK? (Apologies for the newbie question - I am slightly worried that the Elite 60% bonus STATUS miles do not count). Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thanks amigos. Just to clarify, if I fly, for example, TUN-IST-KUL in K, MileCalc says it would be 6245 miles. The total STATUS miles would then be 6245 x 1.6 = ± 9900. Both ways, the STATUS miles would be ±20000.

Thus, would this satisfy my status match requirements of 15K miles on TK? (Apologies for the newbie question - I am slightly worried that the Elite 60% bonus STATUS miles do not count). Thanks!
You will receive the Elite bonus. And your Elite status would be extended for your second year.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

You will receive the Elite bonus. And your Elite status would be extended for your second year.
Thanks for the reply, buddy. One (dumb) follow-up question, if my Expiration Date is Mar 1st, 2020, and I fly on that day for my return flight, the status/earning period is still valid on the day of right? I wanted to book a day early, but unfortunately, remembered the time wrong.

Last edited by thelister; Aug 26, 2019 at 5:25 am
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thanks for the reply, buddy. One (dumb) follow-up question, if my Expiration Date is Mar 1st, 2020, and I fly on that day for my return flight, the status/earning period is still valid on the day of right? I wanted to book a day early, but unfortunately, remembered the time wrong.
Turkish IT isn't the best, I wouldn't risk flying on the expiration date.
You would get the status miles, but it may not affect your status and you might be dropped to Classic Plus.
If I were you I would have changed the date of that flight or plan more TK/*A flights until that date.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Turkish IT isn't the best, I wouldn't risk flying on the expiration date.
You would get the status miles, but it may not affect your status and you might be dropped to Classic Plus.
If I were you I would have changed the date of that flight or plan more TK/*A flights until that date.
Unfortunately, I booked through an OTA for better prices, changes at this point would be extremely expensive... If there was an IT problem, wouldn't their customer service be able to deal with it?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If there was an IT problem, wouldn't their customer service be able to deal with it?
LOL. You have a lot to learn about TK!

If you are able to explain concisely via the feedback form, you might be fine. However, no TK "date" is ever really what it seems. Your flight might be a day too late, in the same way that many hotel chain promos require you to check out by a certain date, instead of check in.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:32 pm

If you are able to explain concisely via the feedback form, you might be fine. However, no TK "date" is ever really what it seems. Your flight might be a day too late, in the same way that many hotel chain promos require you to check out by a certain date, instead of check in.
Darn. Now (and serious question here), what time zone you think TK is running with? Turkish, American, Asian?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Darn. Now (and serious question here), what time zone you think TK is running with? Turkish, American, Asian?
Their main offices and headqurters are in Turkey.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:36 pm

You might just be right. Called M&S, and they basically wasn't sure either, but encouraged me to changed my flight. My "check-out" seems a day too late, as the M&S end date may not be inclusive of the last day (i.e. Mar 1).
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@thelister

May I ask you, are you trying to fulfill your 15000 miles requirement?
If so, if you're flying with other *A members until 1 Mar, credit them to TK which would also fulfill the requirements.
Or do a mileage run which could be cheaper than changing your ticket. If you provide your hometown and miles that you would collect until 25-26 Feb, we could help you on finding the cheapest ways to earn the required miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.