Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by dimmedlights
always travel long haul and was able to select my seat during online booking on thy website.
but only if you book within the 100-days-window, isn't it? I booked a flight for November on thy.com in June and haven't seen any option to select a seat. And now that I'm within the 100-days-window I still don't see any.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:51 pm

Im also disappointment with thy seat selection..... Im travelling end of September ATH-IST-JFK, I choosed my seats during the reservation but after that i couldnt see any seat map on thy.com site or even for wheelchair, meal requested etc etc. Very poor site.

Anyway i called the office in Athens and the very nice lady told me that i have to call them 7 days before my departing so we can change the seat for ATH-IST

PS. is 7A on 737-800 missing a window?
Old Aug 31, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: LH ( SEN ), KK ( CLSC )
Smile Reply

Originally Posted by tripleSe7en
Im also disappointment with thy seat selection..... Im travelling end of September ATH-IST-JFK, I choosed my seats during the reservation but after that i couldnt see any seat map on thy.com site or even for wheelchair, meal requested etc etc. Very poor site.

Anyway i called the office in Athens and the very nice lady told me that i have to call them 7 days before my departing so we can change the seat for ATH-IST

PS. is 7A on 737-800 missing a window?
You could choose your seats when booking your ticket or call the call center or local agent 7 days before your flight. For long haul flights it's 100 days.

Also you could only see the J class seat-map until 7 days of departure for flights up to 8 hours ex.

For the wheelchair and meals you should also call the call center or local agent.

I flew with several 737-800 ( JFN,JFV,JFY,JGN,JHE ) and row 7 hasn't got a missing window. But I didn't flew with the new 737-800 ( TC-JHK to TC-JHU ) so i don't know them.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by ex-koelner
but only if you book within the 100-days-window, isn't it? I booked a flight for November on thy.com in June and haven't seen any option to select a seat. And now that I'm within the 100-days-window I still don't see any.
Because of the new aircrafts arriving with different seat maps, you can't see for some flights. Usually A330-300 & 777-300ER flights.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by turkishflyer1
You could choose your seats when booking your ticket or call the call center or local agent 7 days before your flight. For long haul flights it's 100 days.

Also you could only see the J class seat-map until 7 days of departure for flights up to 8 hours ex.

For the wheelchair and meals you should also call the call center or local agent.

I flew with several 737-800 ( JFN,JFV,JFY,JGN,JHE ) and row 7 hasn't got a missing window. But I didn't flew with the new 737-800 ( TC-JHK to TC-JHU ) so i don't know them.
thanks turkishflyer,

as for the seat map, 7 days before my flight is necessary to call the THY office or i can do it from thy.com also?
Old Sep 1, 2013, 2:18 pm

thanks turkishflyer,

as for the seat map, 7 days before my flight is necessary to call the THY office or i can do it from thy.com also?
You can't do it from thy.com, just when booking a ticket you could choose a seat online.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 9:36 am

hi,

im flying back in March when ill be able to select seats?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
hi,

im flying back in March when ill be able to select seats?
Your departure date minus 100 days for long haul route, that is in December. For all travel classes. 7 days before domestic/ Europe flight. You can only select seats by calling TK´s Call Center 100 days before long haul flight, 7 days before short haul flight. The number for long haul route is attached for your e-ticket itinerary if booked from their website. For short haul you can select seat by calling local TK office. On OLCI at thy.com(online check in) you can select your seat too. The online check-in process starts 24 hours before the flight departure time and ends 90 minutes prior to flight departure time.
OR if not yet booked your flight, book it 100 days before departure and select your seat (for all classes).

Last edited by Abducted Alien; Oct 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 5, 2013, 1:57 pm

THY could improve their seat selection method like all other Star Alliance carriers have. Even for cheapest economy tickets you have an option to select your seat when booking (LH, SQ etc.).
Old Oct 5, 2013, 4:06 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
THY could improve their seat selection method like all other Star Alliance carriers have. Even for cheapest economy tickets you have an option to select your seat when booking (LH, SQ etc.).
Is that the same LH that will start charging from next year?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Is that the same LH that will start charging from next year?
So you already know better than me. A link would be nice to click and to read
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:56 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
So you already know better than me. A link would be nice to click and to read
http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...servation-fees

and I bet that longhaul will follow eventually....
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Have a Y IST-BKK flight - operated by 9W - coming up in two weeks so I called TK to reserve a flight.

Based on this: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Jet...0ER_V2_new.php

26 is supposedly the best row you can reserve beforehand. The agent said that it's full, so I took number 27.

What I found strange is that he offered rows 22 and 23, which aren't displayed on SeatGuru.

Is SeatGuru not displaying some seats?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by zagy
What I found strange is that he offered rows 22 and 23, which aren't displayed on SeatGuru.
You missed the best seats as your aircraft is not 9W for that flight.
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Tur...777-300_V2.php
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
You missed the best seats as your aircraft is not 9W for that flight.
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Tur...777-300_V2.php
Thanks for answering... While talking to him I thought so too but row 22 isn't available there as well!

According to ITA 12:50 AM (=my flight) is operated by 9W, has this changed?

Besides... exit rows can only be reserved on the airport, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.