Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
I'm trying to prebook seats on a longhaul J bought a few months ago (wasn't possibile on purchase)

How is this done now ex Italy?

Is there an Italian phone number or can it be done on web?

Grazie^
Old Nov 4, 2012, 8:47 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by terminalfive
I'm trying to prebook seats on a longhaul J bought a few months ago (wasn't possibile on purchase)

How is this done now ex Italy?

Is there an Italian phone number or can it be done on web?

Grazie^
call your local TK office, phone numbers listed on the website. Longhaul seats can be selected 3 months out, short haul at 7days
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by soy
call your local TK office, phone numbers listed on the website. Longhaul seats can be selected 3 months out, short haul at 7days
For next month. Thanks soy!! I'll ring tomorrow - looks like its closed on SUN
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:47 am

Seat selection

Hi everyone,

New member on FT and after going through the TK forum, decided to open this thread.

I am currently booked on TK in end March (BOM-IST-JFK) and managed to get biz for the entire trip through my UA miles. (Got UA/LH for EWR-FRA-BOM).

I am trying to select seats for myself in advance, but am not able to get that selection anywhere on the TK website.

Anyone know how I can select seats in advance? Is calling the TK customer service line the best option?

Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:53 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk. You cannot select seats online until check-in. Your best bet is to call them and request them over the phone. You can usually start doing that 100 to 90 days before the trip.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:29 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FT and the TK forum seaweed20

Thread now merged with the existing seat selection one.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
Just to add a data point - I was able to confirm seats on both WAW-IST and IST-CPT at 86 days out. Called 800-874-8875 and after listening to hysterically bad "we are turkish airlines, we are globally yours" for 10 minutes, the rep was great and assigned seats immediately.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Awwucks
Just to add a data point - I was able to confirm seats on both WAW-IST and IST-CPT at 86 days out. Called 800-874-8875 and after listening to hysterically bad "we are turkish airlines, we are globally yours" for 10 minutes, the rep was great and assigned seats immediately.
That song is still burned into my memory.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:30 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by ExitRowLegroom
That song is still burned into my memory.
Need a refresher? http://youtu.be/P_raeLlLdPE
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
Wow - it does not improve upon second listen. On the phone yesterday for the first few cycles I kept waiting for the refrain to start, or maybe a voiceover touting benefits to break in, or anything - but it just kept going. You know it's bad when you're happy to hear the "all other reps are busy" message in English and Turkish to break the insanity loop.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Awwucks
I tried the number and got the agent within two minutes of holding. Happy to have my seat assignments (2D on A330/B777).

Thanks for the help
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: FB, OK+, MS, TK, Le Club, HH
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Need a refresher? http://youtu.be/P_raeLlLdPE
Actually, I quite like it as hold music. Mind you anything has to be better than bloody "Greensleeves"
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:45 am

Turkish Airlines advance seat selection

I just finished speaking with a Turkish Airlines representative at their call center. Advance seat selection isn't an option...which is very odd. We are in business class on several legs and the advance date for each is diffent. All travel takes place within two weeks but the dates advance seat selection opens is all over the map. Can't tell from their site if I'll be able to do this online or have to call them again.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:38 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Welcome to FlyerTalk mbanderson123 ^
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:35 pm

Hey. I booked an award J fare from HKG-IST-OSL return a couple months ago and couldn't pre-select any seats. Today, if I was to book the same route and same dates, the online booking engine would allow me to choose seats on the HKG-IST and the IST-OSL leg, but not the return. So, I am assuming seat selection is open one way, but not yet the return. If I was to call them today, would they allow me to select seats all the way to OSL, or would they refuse as parts of my trip are not open yet.

Also, what is the best number to call them at? I'm in Australia, but I am M&S Elite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.