Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2013, 1:15 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Here's the one I used. tel:800.874.8875
Anyone have seat recommendations for the A321 in domestic J?
Old May 15, 2013, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Here's the one I used. tel:800.874.8875
Anyone have seat recommendations for the A321 in domestic J?
Avoid 1st & last row .
Old Jun 3, 2013, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by gojko88
[...]or you wait for online check-in to change seats (not recommended).
As things happen, I forgot to change things... got window on the A321 segment and an aisle in the side on row 3. Life is good, 1K is still free, maybe a kind soul in IST will let me be in that seat. Why was row 1 in the 77W bad?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:19 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by oliver2002
As things happen, I forgot to change things... got window on the A321 segment and an aisle in the side on row 3. Life is good, 1K is still free, maybe a kind soul in IST will let me be in that seat. Why was row 1 in the 77W bad?
You are near the bar so more noise. Cannot think of any other reason
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The only visual of row 1 I could find was here: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...a-to-istanbul/

I seems the IFE screen is pinned on the bulkhead and a bit higher up.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I called to assign seats on IST-JFK and was given 23G, the bulkhead. I am a bit concerned because this seat was showing as unavailable before I called. Is there anyway for me to verify my seat assignment online? I don't want to show up to the airport without a seat assignment.

I am assuming it is just blocked because I can't see it available on any date (I checked quite a few dates/routes, all around 100 days in the future).

Thanks!

Last edited by sadiqhassan; Jun 5, 2013 at 11:17 am Reason: Clarity
Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:09 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I called to assign seats on IST-JFK and was given 23G, the bulkhead. I am a bit concerned because this seat was showing as unavailable before I called. Is there anyway for me to verify my seat assignment online? I don't want to show up to the airport without a seat assignment.

I am assuming it is just blocked because I can't see it available on any date (I checked quite a few dates/routes, all around 100 days in the future).

Thanks!
it could just be blocked because it's a bassinet seat
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:57 am

seat selection in Y 777

Hello,
Can you give me an advice. I'm going to call TK for a seat assignement but I hesitate between 51AB/JK or 52AB/JK.Is there a row roomier than another? We travel in couple. Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by pymousse
Hello,
Can you give me an advice. I'm going to call TK for a seat assignement but I hesitate between 51AB/JK or 52AB/JK.Is there a row roomier than another? We travel in couple. Thanks.
I doubt it.

My suggestion.Check Seatguru & Seatexpert,etc.
They'll have all the useful info you need.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:41 am

calling center for seat assignment

Hello,
I booked a flight BRU IST HKG for November and wasn't able to reserve a seat assignment online (seatmap opens on 11 August).
I called them to ask them a specific seat but told me the can do it from 30 October!
As the seatmap opens on 11 August do you think i'll be able to select it on a seatmap that day(via my bookings on their website) because now i don't see any seat selection possibility there or will I have to wait until October 30? If I insist I suppose the can manage this in their call center...
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
For paid flights, it's also subject to a 100 day window:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...ne-reservation

Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: National Executive, Avis First
Seat Selection

Hi guys,

For long-haul flights, when 100 days come, how does one select seats? Do you have to call, or can you select seats through thy.com?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Global Entry
I have not been able to select seats online for international flights. I have always called 1-800-874-8875 and told them I want to make seat assignments.
I am told you can make them online for domestic flights in turkey the day before your flight but I have not tried this.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: LT NoN REV
always travel long haul and was able to select my seat during online booking on thy website.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:51 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by dimmedlights
always travel long haul and was able to select my seat during online booking on thy website.
certainly because you are buying your tickets on their website : no other option available on the website

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.