Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 2:09 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
I called and was able to select seats for SJJ->IST on July 22... it's a 1 hr. 55 min. flight.

It's part of a one-way award itinerary that has the second leg taking me from IST to IAH, which is why they may have allowed advance seat assignments for the short-haul portion as well.

Originally Posted by airoli
Yes, please. The -7 day timeline applies to all short-haul flights not just domestic within Turkey. I've just tried for IST-ZRH and was told it's 7 days for this route, too.
Old May 3, 2014, 5:39 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by airoli
Yes, please. The -7 day timeline applies to all short-haul flights not just domestic within Turkey. I've just tried for IST-ZRH and was told it's 7 days for this route, too.
In C (long-haul and short-haul) it is definitely -100 days - I have upcoming flights in May, June and July and seats are already assigned - also for short-haul feeder flights...
Old May 6, 2014, 6:19 am

Question Seat assignments IST - IAH in August?

We can't get any. Wondering if it is because economy comfort has been discontinued as of July 27th and they are reconfiguring the planes?
Agents have no clue.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Bill
Old May 6, 2014, 8:00 am

Maybe due to the 100 day rule.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10255274-post9.html
Old May 6, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: CO Platinum
Yes, this is right...Turkish will not allow you to choose your seat until you are within 100 days of your flight.
Old May 7, 2014, 10:31 am

Ah, You are likely right. It is just odd because the ticket agent previously had told me to call back on May 1 to obtain the seating in August.

Thank you though.
Old May 7, 2014, 3:44 pm

It doesn't appear this is correct, as I am well within 100 days.

Last edited by BoulderBill; May 7, 2014 at 4:48 pm
Old May 19, 2014, 9:32 pm

Sure enough, it has nothing to do with the 100 day rule as I suspected. I finally spoke to someone at the airline today who could answer the question.

TA is reconfiguring the equipment on the IST-IAH route because of the elimination of Comfort Economy and doesn't yet know what the flight will look like - hence no available seat assignment for those flights.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:36 pm

Seat selection worries...

I was able to call a few weeks ago and select our seats for our flight this June from IAH to Venice. Last night I checked the flight to see how full the plane will be and noticed one of our six seats is showing as available. I just called TK and they said our seats are still confirmed. Should I be worried? Thanks!
Old May 30, 2014, 1:41 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FT and the TK forum annesnerl
Old May 30, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Welcome to FT and the TK forum annesnerl
Thank you!
Old May 31, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
In the last 3 months, I have been denied seat assignments several times on the long haul IST-BOM-IST route well within 100 days of flights. The TK staff on every occasion insisted that seat allocation was possibly only within 7 days of the flight and there was nothing I could do to convince them otherwise. Clearly, there is inconsistent application of booking rules by TK staff, perhaps due to poor training or ignorance.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:17 am

Seat reservation

Hi All

I am flying business class on the leased 7W plane from Bangkok to IST in August and was wondering as to when it is possible to try and get one of the first class seats?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Angliham
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
I think it-s probably best to check in early and ask then. They are usually open more than 3 hours before.

When I took this flight a few weeks ago, I had considered asking about this at check-in. In the end I decided to stick with my original seat. I couldn-t help though overhearing someone checking in at the next counter specifically requesting a seat in this section. In the event, at the gate I was given a new boarding pass for the old first class section, too.

The flat bed seat is certainly a bit more spacious and comfortable than the one in the main business cabin and being able to close the suite doors when you want to sleep makes some difference.

Previously I had only been assigned one of these seats on an IST-LHR flight, so I suppose it was an added bonus to enjoy it on a 9 hour sector.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:51 am

Turkish Airlines online seat selection

All,
I have been searching for threads on the turkish airlines website seat selection but nothing recent. Is there a web to change your seats once you have already booked your ticket online? I only see the ability to view your reservation. Also, I see no way to go in and edit my personal information.(ie, passport info, frequent flyer number, etc)
I can't imagine that you cant do this. Is Turkish airlines that far behind the curve with technology?
Thanks,
-MAS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.