Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
MAN-IST seems to be usually operated on a 737-900ER - which wouldn't be a lie flat seat, I think the only UK route you occasionally had a plane with a lie flat business class was out of LHR.

Both the PVG and HKG routes are usually operated by a 777-300ER, of which TK has two configurations, but both with flat bed seats.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
773 Business Class Seats

Currently booked PEKIST on a 773 in J/C. Have tried searching, seat guru, etc. and there doesn't seem to be much in regards to what are the best seats. Currently booked in 1 J/K. It appears that all these seats are about the same, although row 1 seems to have tv monitors higher than those in other rows.

Any suggestions if these are ok seats or if i should try and switch?

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I would go for row 2 or 3. Row 1 has monitors on the wall at a different height (more difficult to watch from bed position), and more noise form the bar.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
773 Business Class Seats

Thanks! I made the switch to row 2. Looking forward to trying out TK. Have heard mixed things but I'm always open to trying new airlines out.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
TK68 changed to A330

According to the website the TK68 from IST to BKK is changed for the next few days from the nomally used A340 to the A330.
Does anybody know if this a permmnent change?
I hope so because the D class (business) product on the A330 is much better then the A340.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:44 am

that would be nice - looks like it's still a 343 in December, though
Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
It was A330 today
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:21 am

I wish that they would deploy only new C to BKK, 333 particular. Have to fly HKG to be sure..
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:15 am

Programs: TK E+
Don't this happen quiet often during winter time? I have flown TK68/TK69 around 20 times in 2012. Early in the year it was a mix of A330 and A340, during summer and fall it seems to have been mostly Boeing 777 and now back to A340 and sometimes A330.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I have this flight for May 2013, and it seems the last month or so TK64(the earlier one) and TK68(the late one) has been exclusively using the 333 or 332. It seems TK68(the later one that used a340 almost exclusively), has been flying the 333 for most flights...

It's funny since they seem to do an equipment swap every day, as I've been looking at what plane they use 1 week in advance, and it's always the a340 but they swap it with the 333....

I'm on TK64, and it seems about half half so here's hoping for new TK J. Will be super choked flying on the 332 when I could have taken LX J ZRH-BKK, I really want to try out new TK J. Looks like it will be on either the one I'm taking, or the later flight.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Many things can (and will) change until May 2013. I would check again 2 weeks before travel...
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Where to Sit in Y on the A330s, A340s

I'm flying TK ORD-IST-IAD in February and March. I've searched but not found great info on what the best seats are in Y on TK's A330s and A340s.

If traveling with girlfriend, am I better off avoiding the bulkhead rows - seatguru says that the legroom is less and that the armrests are immovable?

Any other thoughts on which seats are the best?

Thanks.

Last edited by NgatesSEA; Dec 9, 2012 at 5:03 pm
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:09 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NgatesSEA
I'm flying TK ORD-IST-IAD in February and March. I've searched but not found great info on what the best seats are in Y on TK's A330s and A340s.

If traveling with girlfriend, am I better off avoiding the bulkhead rows - seatguru says that the legroom is less and that the armrests are immovable?

Any other thoughts on which seats are the best?

Thanks.
My recollection is that the 2nd row of bulkhead seats (row 21 or 22 I believe) are far better with ample legroom than the 1st row (row 7 on most planes) which literally has zero legroom.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Far Siren
My recollection is that the 2nd row of bulkhead seats (row 21 or 22 I believe) are far better with ample legroom than the 1st row (row 7 on most planes) which literally has zero legroom.
Thanks. Is there a cutout below the bulkhead in front of the first row of Y seats or is it completely unadvisable to sit there?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum
Business Class Layout on 777-300 IST-PVG?

Hi all,

I don't usually post in this part of the forum as this is going to be my first time flying Turkish Airlines mid-next year and I am looking forward to the experience

I am currently trying to allocate some seats for myself and my partner for one of the flights but am getting a bit confused about which seat configuration is going to be used on our 777-300 TK flight 26 from IST-BKK.

From what I can see on seatguru, this flight will be using the old 777-300 (v1) layout but from what I understand, this config is leased from Jet Airways and is being/has been phased out as TK moves to a 3 cabin layout with Business/Premium Economy (Comfort)/Economy class layouts which is their own design?

I have also tried to run a seat map search through ExpertFlyer but for some reason the seatmap is not displaying ("The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again." error).

Just wondering if one or any of you are able to advise which of the layouts I should be referring to, and if any of you have any advice which seats are best for a couple travelling together (with AirNZ Business for example, it is best to sit in seats A+B and J+K business due to a partition set up between the B+J seats).

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.