Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
first

Do any of the TK metal (leased or not) have first on this route? I'm currently on a *a f award and in C on this route.. I believe it's a 343 at the moment?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
All the BKK flights have either the new 333 aircrafts with the new seats in Business or the 343 aircrafts with older flat seats on the days that the flight goes on to SGN.

The new 77Ws are not deployed on the BKK route for the remainder of the year.

The leased 77W is only serving HKG till end of Sep. After that no more F class.
Those 77W's will get back to Jet in November this year, and the HKG route will get A343's.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by kelix
Do any of the TK metal (leased or not) have first on this route? I'm currently on a *a f award and in C on this route.. I believe it's a 343 at the moment?
No First in this route. 333/332/343/77W(their new)
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by kelix
Only the 77W's from Jet are fitted with F. And yes, IST-BKK is flown with the A343's these days...
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by 31dany
Those 77W's will get back to Jet in November this year, and the HKG route will get A343's.
The HKG route is fully committed to 77W aircraft even after Jet have their aircraft returned.

After 12 September, TK will entirely fly it's own 77Ws on the HKG route which are equipped with comfort class.

Does anyone know if the 343's are getting refitted with the new business class?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:26 am
tcm

Originally Posted by Boddingtons
The HKG route is fully committed to 77W aircraft even after Jet have their aircraft returned.

After 12 September, TK will entirely fly it's own 77Ws on the HKG route which are equipped with comfort class.

Does anyone know if the 343's are getting refitted with the new business class?
TK is actually trying to sell the 343s. Hence I doubt they will get refitted.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by tcm
Well, they have 10 77W of their own.. 5 were delivered this year and I'm not sure that they'll get more that that, at least until the lease form Jet will end. Between them, AF and CX, they've received almost half of all 777's delivered this year....
I think they'll have to use those A343's to fill the gap a few more years...

Last edited by 31dany; Jul 16, 2011 at 3:05 pm
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tcm
heh. i read 1 of those birds is flying with the first 2 rows of business having the new seats and the rest the older style... i hedged my bets and moved my seats forward from 3A,C to 2A,C just in case
Old Oct 23, 2011, 5:05 pm

Seems that this just flip flops between 343 and 333. I guess it's a crapshoot for now: http://data.flight24.com/flights/tk69/
Old May 3, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Flying Blue Silver
A340 Economy seat / other questions

Hi all,

Have just booked my first TK flights for next March, BHX-BKK return. I know the first sector will be on a 737-800; do any of these have seat back screens?

The A340 sectors; seat pitch is advertised as 33" - is this correct and does this route have the latest digital AVOD and USB port (the virtual tour on the TK website shows this, yet some other cabin pics do not.)

Finally, I have a 7 hour layover in IST on my return. Are there any lounges I can pay to enter? How else can I spend the time?

Many thanks for all your advice as ever!
Old May 4, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold
IST-ICN A340 biz seats

Hello, I have an upcoming flight from IST-ICN in business on the A340. Does anyone have any experience with this flight? How old/new is the businss class hard product?
Old May 5, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
As far as I know there's only one kind of business product on the A340, right now. The poor old ex-Air Jamaica aircraft, which were discussed a lot about a year ago, are no longer used for scheduled long haul operations. One has left the fleet (TC-JIJ) and the other one (TC-JIK) is usually used on peak demand days on shorter routes (AMS, ZRH etc).

But equally there's also no A340 equipped with the newest product you can find on all 77W and a few 330. So it's an angled flat Sogerma seat, on which most pax, including myself, are sleeping rather well. There's no strong sliding down effect. But not full flat.

Last edited by swiss_global; May 6, 2012 at 7:01 am Reason: specific information about TC-JIJ/TC-JIK
Old May 17, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Qs for J class HKG-IST-BCN

Do they still fly the old Jet planes on the HKG-IST sector? If so, know the product well. If not, what are seats, AVOD like? What is best seat in J?

Assume standard Euro product for IST-BCN?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:24 pm

TK2 JFK-IST Business Class

I am a little confused. I called Turkish airlines to block my seats for my upcoming trip to IST in September. When I look at seatguru, the plane (777-300ER) has a first, business and economy.

The agent I was talking to told me that I had to pick a seat in rows 1 and 2 because those seats were business. Rows 9-16 (shown as business class in seat guru) are "premium economy".

Can someone confirm this? Was the agent smoking crack?

Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
Seatguru is not upto date. These were the "old" planes rented to Jet Airways.
TK has no first class anymore. Only business, confort and economy.
Business starts from row 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.