Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:49 pm

Cheers for that...... Can I ask you how you check that please?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
Port and cognac???^
Hence the '' etc.'' !
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
My humble opinion: dont stress too much about it. Even on the day of departure they change at the last minute. I thought my JNB flight was going to be a 333 but it ended up as a 343
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: LH Sen, AF/KL gold, AB platinum, BA silver, HHonors diamond, SPG gold, ...
Originally Posted by LH4116
Do TK have any plans to upgrade their A343 with the new Business Class. I'm planning to book an award to CMN next summer, which sadly is operated by the A343. Any chance they'll be refurbished by then?
A343s are leaving TK already now and rest will be replaced as new A333 arrive 2014-16, so I doubt they will spend much on refurbishment (can'd judge however, how easy ot would be to transfer new seats to A333 in case installed).
However if the seats are similar to their A332, they are no worse than LH and you have the scarce chance to fly on one of the quietest aircrafts, before it is replaced by twins.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:47 pm
soy

Programs: various
One watchout on late night TK departures is the time taken to complete the meal service. Would pre-ordering accelerate this, thus increasing sleep time?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I guess only skipping meal service would significantly accelerate service. During a recent flight though in C, I asked the onboard chef to bring the main course for my 4-yr old son because he would not eat anything else, and to my surprise this materialized in less than 5 minutes, before they even served everybody with appetizer.

I'm saying it is all possible, just depends on the circumstances and how you ask it.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:52 am

in my experience, if there is a full dinner service, there's no pointing skipping or rushing your own meal unless you are able to shut everything out and get to sleep while the rest of the cabin is still eating and the cabin crew are up and down the aisles and the lights are on full ... best to go with the flow until the whole cabin settles down ... on the other hand, I don't like to eat so late, so we'll probably dine in the lounge and eat very lightly on board...
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:45 pm

Business Class on 737-900

Does anyhow has experience on the business class on the 737-900? Which kind of seat is it? Normal Economy seat with middle seat blocked, some kind of recliner seat or even lie-flat seat?

I am planning several trips to Africa where they deploy these aircrafts? Orr should I stick to Brussels airlines, also serving most of the destinAtions I want to go to?

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:47 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Thansa
Does anyhow has experience on the business class on the 737-900? Which kind of seat is it? Normal Economy seat with middle seat blocked, some kind of recliner seat or even lie-flat seat?

I am planning several trips to Africa where they deploy these aircrafts? Orr should I stick to Brussels airlines, also serving most of the destinAtions I want to go to?

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!
it should be this

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/Tu...(short-haul)-1
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:24 pm

Another angle:

Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: milesandsmiles elite+
They are comfort class seats in leather...cradle type, not full flat but very roomy. I fly the 900- once or twice a month from Accra. At first I was very apprehensive about flying a narrow body aircraft to IST but the actual experience IF the flight attendants control access to business class has been very positive. I would recommend you to try it.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:09 pm

I agree completely with accrapolo. The 737-900ER is a whole different experience to most other narrowbodies on a flight of that length.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:18 pm

The only problem is that they hardly change their menu - so if you have several flights within a 60-day window, you are quite likely to have the same choice of meals. And they are not all that good, but a damn sight better than anything what SN will serve you.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:39 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by CAlex
I guess only skipping meal service would significantly accelerate service. During a recent flight though in C, I asked the onboard chef to bring the main course for my 4-yr old son because he would not eat anything else, and to my surprise this materialized in less than 5 minutes, before they even served everybody with appetizer.
Typical TK, I had the opposite experience with a similar request flying to SIN in C. My 3yr old had to wait until they were serving the main courses, by which time he was over tired and would not eat anything as it was almost 2 am. Of course this meant he woke up hungry long before breakfast.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Is TK66 IST-SIN A330 the old J config or the new one?

Does it have the new config fully-flat beds like the 777s? I know about half of the A330s have the new config, Im just wondering if the A330 they usually run on this route is usually the old or new config?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.