Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: All of 'em
Originally Posted by CAlex
waaaay to early. Until then TK will get some more 777s, so they could even deploy one of those to BKK.
Thanks

I guess I'm just ramped up after looking into the SPG properties and the return flights.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I'm on TK27 on Feb 2. Maybe we can wave each other in the air.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by soy
TK no longer have any of the 9W 777's.
Seatguru is hopelessly unreliable for non-US airlines
And pretty outdated in general.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 7:42 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by jeremykjtan
Thanks johhenrik and soy for the advice, much appreciated. I'll refer to the v2 config when making our seat reservations.

I thought it was a little odd to see a 2-3-2 config being used for business class, but will be sure to request the seats at the side of the aircraft.

Cheers!
Do you mean Business Class or Comfort Class?

The Comfort Class on TK looks very good for the price and I would like feedback on this product as I am thinking of booking it.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:36 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
The Comfort Class on TK looks very good for the price and I would like feedback on this product as I am thinking of booking it.
A quick search of the forum will show up reviews and pictures of comfort class. It is only available on routes served by the B777.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: Skywards Silver, Flying Blue Silver
A340 ist-bkk

Hi all,

I'm booked in Y for these return sectors in March / April. Do all seats have AVOD or are some AC the 'old' type?

Also, BHX-IST says 737-800 on my booking, yet when I do a dummy booking for the same itinerary, the seat map is showing A320/19. Which is correct and do these have AVOD?

Thanks.

Last edited by simonnewby; Jan 14, 2013 at 3:15 am
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum
Hi guys,

Just a quick follow up question to this - Does anyone have a method for accessing a live seat plan (showing seat availability for a particular TK flight on a day) for the purposes of calling and requesting a seat in advance? Can this be done with TK? --I have just tried searching for seat availability using ExpertFlyer but it came up with the following error message:

The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again.

Also just wondering if someone is able to confirm if the following
is the right seat layout for the 773ER used for TK flight 26 between IST-PVG, with Business in rows 1-4, PE in rows 11-20, and economy class from rows 23 onwards?

Thanks!

Last edited by jeremykjtan; Jan 16, 2013 at 6:33 pm
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:50 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by jeremykjtan
Hi guys,

Just a quick follow up question to this - Does anyone have a method for accessing a live seat plan (showing seat availability for a particular TK flight on a day) for the purposes of calling and requesting a seat in advance? Can this be done with TK? --I have just tried searching for seat availability using ExpertFlyer but it came up with the following error message:

The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again.

Thanks!
IIRC, seatmap does not open until T-100 days. After than you can view on expertflyer
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum
Thanks very much Soy, I wasn't aware of this - quite interesting, I have never heard of this policy before with any airline!

Do you know if I am able to request a seat request over the phone now (outside of the 100 days) direct with TK customer service or are they also unable to do anything either until the flight is within the 100 day period?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:04 pm
soy

Programs: various
nope, they will tell you call back closer to departure. For short haul it is t-7days, even if the short haul leg is part of a longer trip
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Yes the A340 used on the IST-BKK route have AVOD but the older style seats.
Not fully 180 but still comfortable.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:27 am

Jeremy,

thats the correct Seatmap for IST-PVG
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:56 am

But he will travel in Y not c
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Just looked since the 100 days before departure opened up, and it's on a a330-200 lol..
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
CPT reverting to 332/343?

What is the consensus on this route?

It is advertised as being operated as Airbus 330-300 which has the new business class seats, however, the seat maps on ExpertFlyer appear as a mixture of Airbus 343, 333 and 332. Predominantly the A343 from what I've seen too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.