Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Smoking question

The last time I was on a TK flight was between Tbilisi and Istanbul. I didn't get an advance seat assignment, so I was stuck in a middle seat in the back of economy. Just after we got off the ground, I found out that the back was also the smoking area. I found out because at least 8 people around me lit up almost at once. And for the whole flight, SOMEONE was smoking near me. Needless to say, that was the last TK flight I EVER took. Now, 5+ years later, I am asking because I want to make CERTAIN that IF I take TK, it won't happen again. I would just scream.

I DO fly over a hundred flights a year. All of them gloriously smoke-free.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:24 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response!!

Smoking is not allowed on all Turkish Airlines flights.

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...board/on-board

Thanks ad Regards
taran_2005
Old Aug 11, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, AA, WN, UA, US, WN, BA.
Originally Posted by 925
What is it like to fly TK ORD-IST-ORD in Business Class? Do the seats lie flat? are they as roomy as AA?

And do they still allow smoking on TK ORD-IST?
This route is flown by A330-200 series which is angled flat. Less than 10 percent of the time, it is substituted with A330-300 series which is true lie flat. Check out http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk6 for recent flight information.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by simonnewby
Hi all,

Have just booked my first TK flights for next March, BHX-BKK return. I know the first sector will be on a 737-800; do any of these have seat back screens?

The A340 sectors; seat pitch is advertised as 33" - is this correct and does this route have the latest digital AVOD and USB port (the virtual tour on the TK website shows this, yet some other cabin pics do not.)

Finally, I have a 7 hour layover in IST on my return. Are there any lounges I can pay to enter? How else can I spend the time?

Many thanks for all your advice as ever!
As far as I remember, the 737-800's don't have seat back screens. The 737-900's do and theses are sometimes used on UK Regional routes - MAN for example. Can't advise you on the 340.

You can pay to use the Prime Class lounge in IST. Think it's about 34 Euros - maybe a bit less. Well worth it
as IST is a big airport with few places to relax. Hope that helps.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
OK, I guess I'm manifesting OCD, but a friend forwarded me the following URL just now, appearing to confirm that even TK's newest 777-300ER fleet (marked rev. 2) uses older EmPower plugs for at-seat power, rather than standard AC plugs:

http://www.seatguru.com/charts/longh...ness_class.php

Is SeatGuru clueless here? You'd think given that stuff like this is their bread and butter, they'd get it right....

Last edited by RandomBaritone; Aug 19, 2013 at 2:05 pm
Old Aug 21, 2013, 9:44 pm

I'm flying TK Flight 006, route Chicago O'Hare to Istanbul on Tuesday, September 10. I understand it's an Airbus 330 (not sure if it's a 332 or 333). Which business class seat is used?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by glader
This route is flown by A330-200 series which is angled flat. Less than 10 percent of the time, it is substituted with A330-300 series which is true lie flat. Check out http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk6 for recent flight information.
Hi Glader,

Quick question: When I'm selecting seats on TK6 from ORD-IST, it shows that there are 5 rows (4 in the center), which seems to be particular to the A333. Would this seem to indicate that my flight will have lie-flat seats. Date in question is 10-September-2013.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 925
What is it like to fly TK ORD-IST-ORD in Business Class? Do the seats lie flat? are they as roomy as AA?

And do they still allow smoking on TK ORD-IST?
Smoking is prohibited by turkish law in any public space that is not open on at least 3 sides,the roof counts as the 5th "side". The rules are generally actually enforced,unless the particular location is heavilly patronised by law enforcement personell :-)
Old Sep 10, 2013, 9:55 am

TK aircraft types and codes

next week I am booked on a flight that is usually operated by a A321 with real business class. The flight changed to an A320 but business class still shows row 1-4 (this of course could just be the flexible divider). I know there are now B738 also with the short haul business class seats. Do some A320s now have this feature as well?

Also I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we collect some information which configurations have which code within TK.

The reason I am so confused is that I have confirmations with code 316 which turned out to be a 319, but there is also the code 319 for the aircraft. The code 318 is used for a standard config 320 with the very old seats in multi-color flower power fabric mostly used on second tier domestic runs.

Is there a user that knows how to differentiate a B738 with the short haul c seating from a standard B738?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 6:02 am

We are on the TK0064 and TK0068 on DEC17 in C. Can anyone confirm the type og seats and make any seat recommandations?

I found this review and wonder if there is any truth to it
Two types of seats in the same cabin offering varying degrees of comfort. Bizarrely seats in row three are lie flat and all the others only recline to very uncomfortable angles and not conducive to sleep.

Source
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: KF
What is it like to fly TK SIN-MAN-SIN in Business Class? Do the seats lie flat?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jasonho
What is it like to fly TK SIN-MAN-SIN in Business Class? Do the seats lie flat?

The IST/MAN sectors will def not have lie flat seats. If it's a 737-900 you should get the proper business class seat but all other 737's seem to have the middle seat blocked. It's a 4 hour flight. SIN sectors should be lie flat. You need to check the aircraft type. TK have seat maps on their website.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Platinum, Marriot Gold, Delta Platinum
I am flying FRA-IST-RUH on Y. What seats would you recommend?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: KF
Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
The IST/MAN sectors will def not have lie flat seats. If it's a 737-900 you should get the proper business class seat but all other 737's seem to have the middle seat blocked. It's a 4 hour flight. SIN sectors should be lie flat. You need to check the aircraft type. TK have seat maps on their website.
Yes , I just checked, IST-MAN is a 737-900, whereas SIN-MAN is a Airbus Industrie A330-300 .

Managed to find a youtube for the A330-300 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQjStVjAFf0 .

Thanks for the heads up!
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:56 am

I was checking on a TK flight from ICN - IST for next year. They now switched to A340? No more 777-300 ER?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.