Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked in online. The aircraft is listed as an A320, and the seat map shows 7 rows of J class. On either side of rows 6 and 7 it says "ENGINE"?

Surely that can't be an A320, where the engines should be somewhere around row 9? Sounds more like an A319 to me.

I'm assuming the cabin configuration is 3+3.

Johan
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I shall answer my own question here.

All websites I checked saıd it was an A320, even the agent at the J class check in desk said it was an A320, with 3+3 seatıng.

İt was not. Turned out to be an A321-200 with proper 2+2 J class. Much to my relief, I should add. When you get a proper J cabin, TK's shorthaul premium product is the best in Europe, by a very substantial margin.

Where they got the OLCI seat map wıth seven rows from is anybody's guess. There were of course five rows only. Only seven pax, outstanding service, catering very good by airline standards.

Upon arrival at IST I was surprised and relieved that we got a real gate with a jetway. Oh boy, big mistake!

We stopped at the gate, everybody lined up, and . . . nothing! Fıve minutes passed, then ten. After fifteen minutes the cockpit door opened and the captain emerged, obviously intending to disembark. You should have seen the look of surprise on his face! He immediately shut the cockpit door again, and that was it. More silence. After another five minutes the chef poured himself a glass of water, and gave one to the first pax in line as well. Finally people started stirring in the jetway, and we were allowed off. The purser did say sorry as I walked past.

Johan
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:12 am

Business Class Man-Bkk

Hello there

I haven't flown Turkish for some years now but i was wondering what the business class experience was like nowadays on this route.

Please could someone advise what the planes are like, seating config etc, flat bed?

I have flown business class on Emirates A380 and that was excellent but there is over a £600 difference in price between the two airlines so was curious.

Many thanks
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:04 am

From MAN you will most likely get these European Business Class seats:
http://www.turkishairlines.com/image...i/sky_b_06.jpg
These are recliner setas. Should be bearable for approx 3h.

Afterwards to BKK you will have flat bed seats
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ferhat777
From MAN you will most likely get these European Business Class seats:
http://www.turkishairlines.com/image...i/sky_b_06.jpg
These are recliner setas. Should be bearable for approx 3h.

Afterwards to BKK you will have flat bed seats
This isn't always quite the case. The Manchester route is very mixed with aircraft types. I'm booked later this month and it's a 330 as was the case earlier in the year. The best way to check if you're getting Euro Business Class (on a narrow body airbus at least) is the seat letters - if it's A-C it's Euro Business Class with the middle seat free; if it's A-B, it's going to be proper business class. This has always worked for me. However, TK do have a habit of switching aircraft types at the last minute unfortunately. It's a lottery.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:38 am

That can always happen. What is the exact date of travel for you?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:47 am

Hi

Thanks for your replies

The exact dates would be flying out on either 04/01/16 or 10/01/16 and returning on 24/01/16
Old Mar 16, 2015, 12:07 pm

Can anyone tell how I can detect a Kingfisher A321 with 5 rows of Business Class?

I am flying tomorrow and my aircraft code switched from 32R (A321 with 4 rows of Business with A&B & E&F) to 32N (has 5 rows A&C / D&F).

AFAIK the A321s with eurostyle C cabin (blocked middle seat) is coded 321. Is 32N a Kingfisher bird?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Originally Posted by vivamuci
Can anyone tell how I can detect a Kingfisher A321 with 5 rows of Business Class?

I am flying tomorrow and my aircraft code switched from 32R (A321 with 4 rows of Business with A&B & E&F) to 32N (has 5 rows A&C / D&F).

AFAIK the A321s with eurostyle C cabin (blocked middle seat) is coded 321. Is 32N a Kingfisher bird?
Yes, 32N (20C/158Y) is Kingfisher bird.

There are 4 birds 32N configuration on TK fleet and all from IT (Kingfisher.)

TC-JMH Didim
TC-JMI Milas
TC-JMJ Tekirdağ
TC-JMK Üsküdar
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi

TC-JMH Didim
TC-JMI Milas
TC-JMJ Tekirdağ
TC-JMK Üsküdar
Thank you. This is good news for a 4hrs sector.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 4:18 pm

Confused A330 seating map

Hi guys,
Just booked a trip to Istanbul from NY... flying in and back with A330. Traveling with an infant so requested a bassinet and was confirmed on the seat 24E, However looking at the Seatguru i dont see row 24 (i even entered specific flight date and flight number) Per Seatguru there is the galley between row 23 and 25. From what i see the row 25 is the bulkhead seat.

Any ideas? am i missing something here?
thanks
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:31 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by izmircoast

Any ideas? am i missing something here?
thanks
Yes, don't trust seatguru

Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi

TC-JMH Didim
TC-JMI Milas
TC-JMJ Tekirdağ
TC-JMK Üsküdar

I had the eurostyle C cabin despite the aircraft showing as 32N. 5 rows of C.
The crew was really wonderful and the flight experience was great despite the blocked middle seat cabin.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Yes, don't trust seatguru

Thanks buddy... yeah i guess i should start with not trusting seatguru
ahh the joy of flying with little kids... here we come Istanbul
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
expertflyer also have the seat maps for anyone that wonders, although a dummy booking is always better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.