Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
I think this belongs in the main GE processing times thread but the answer is: it really depends.
Are you a US citizen? LPR? Do you have a us address? Any arrests? Convictions? Any other things that might take time to look at?
Yes model U.S citizen no convictions. I actually work @ The Federal Reserve they do background every year. What is LPR? The only thing I can think of is "where I traveled " I went on a cruise in 2011 to the Bahamas only. I forgot about that which I didn't include. I never used my passport when we were at Port. Sorry for posting in the wrong area.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is no "usual". Some people see conditional approval in 48-72 hours and for some it takes 2-3 months.

This could be as simple as someone else with the same name and close DOB having serious issues and CBP spending some time researching this. Things such as problematic convictions or other issues tend to either result in denial or conditional approval followed by a grilling at the interview.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:54 am

That's seems reasonable however I never looked at it from that standpoint. Nice to see the applications are reviewed thoroughly. Hopefully it will be approved before Sept when I go to Africa.

Thanks
CalKirk
Old May 27, 2018, 10:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
I think this belongs in the main GE processing times thread...
Where it has now been merged.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old May 28, 2018, 6:35 pm

FT and Global Entry

My app has only been in a week but I am anxious! Hoping posting to FT helps expedite - have seen a few other successes - or coincidences!
Old May 29, 2018, 6:06 am

OK - must not be a coincident. Posted yesterday in the evening about my Global Entry status - conditional approval at 3a this morning! Thank you FT!
Old May 29, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
My niece and her boyfriend applied on March 26. Still pending.

Other niece applied Feb. 21 and conditionally approved March 12.

Plan to take them all to interview together in MIA.
March 26 application for boyfriend still not conditionally approved. Nieces went for interview, but still not approved (click this link for more details on that: Will a parent's criminal indictment affect the GE eligibility of adult children?)
Old May 29, 2018, 10:33 am

Pending Review Application

Jumping on the train here to hopefully give myself some luck!

Applied and Payment Posted: 5/11
Pending Review: 5/29
Still awaiting conditional approval

Based near EWR, so hopefully there is an interview (pending CA) before I fly in July.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: Global Entry
Applied on 05/09 pending conditional approval

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm currently a member of Global Entry. However, since I just became a U.S. citizen, I had to re-apply with my American passport.

I applied on 05/09/2018 at around 12:00pm est.

Will update everyone once I have news.

Good luck to everyone!
Old May 29, 2018, 3:30 pm

applied 5/11, still waiting conditional approval.
Old May 29, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by nakia_87
Good afternoon everyone!

I'm currently a member of Global Entry. However, since I just became a U.S. citizen, I had to re-apply with my American passport.

I applied on 05/09/2018 at around 12:00pm est.

Will update everyone once I have news.

Good luck to everyone!
Welcome to FT. Why do you have to re-apply? You should be able to change citizenship or add citizenship per U.S. Customs and Border Protection website:
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...tp-account%3Fl
Old May 29, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: Precheck, hopefully global entry
A month after interview, no email or status change

Well, it seems like posting here helps the process, lol.. I applied on 3/22 and had my interview on 5/3 and still no email or change in status.. I did notice one odd thing when I log into the ttp site, there's no green checkbox next to "Have interview, and wait for approval", makes me worry that maybe something got screwed up somewhere..It seems like the majority of people got their email pretty much the day off their interview... Has there been anyone that's goen almost 4 weeks without a status change post-interview? To the best of my knowledge, I've got nothing on my record that would disqualify me.. is there a number or something that I can call or is it just a waiting game?
Old May 30, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Josh Moore
Well, it seems like posting here helps the process, lol.. I applied on 3/22 and had my interview on 5/3 and still no email or change in status.. I did notice one odd thing when I log into the ttp site, there's no green checkbox next to "Have interview, and wait for approval", makes me worry that maybe something got screwed up somewhere..It seems like the majority of people got their email pretty much the day off their interview... Has there been anyone that's goen almost 4 weeks without a status change post-interview? To the best of my knowledge, I've got nothing on my record that would disqualify me.. is there a number or something that I can call or is it just a waiting game?
You should call your interview location and inquire as to status.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:16 am

Nyc pending app status

So I applied 5/14 and havent received conditional approval. I have friends in the DC area who applied the same day and already have conditional approval. How long did it take people in the NYC area to get conditional approval? I have a few international trips planned for the summer and would love to have GE 😊 And Im a US citizen
Old May 30, 2018, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Lastminutetraveler
So I applied 5/14 and havent received conditional approval. I have friends in the DC area who applied the same day and already have conditional approval. How long did it take people in the NYC area to get conditional approval? I have a few international trips planned for the summer and would love to have GE 😊 And Im a US citizen
Short-term holds (less than 45 days) can be due to something as simple as your name matching some "bad guy" and it taking time to clear that match. While I certainly cannot speak to statistical averages, most of the people I know have GE and there is no discernible eason why some are conditionally approved in 2-3 days and some in 45-60 days.

The same thing, presuming conditional approval, post interview. Sometimes people get hung up for issues which others don't get hung up.

Calendar this for July 13. Worry then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.