Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:03 pm

Smile TTP - Applied May 31

Greetings ... Most likely wishful thinking that I will be approved and ready to go prior to my trip to Europe July 1. I'm waiting for conditional approval, but it seems even if I am approved soon, scheduling the interview may be awhile. I guess I can always hope
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Blues Man
Greetings ... Most likely wishful thinking that I will be approved and ready to go prior to my trip to Europe July 1. I'm waiting for conditional approval, but it seems even if I am approved soon, scheduling the interview may be awhile. I guess I can always hope
Welcome to FT. Once you have your conditional approval, look for an opening at suitable locations near you. If nothing is available in the near future, then search diligently for a cancellation. Last minute cancellation occurs very often. Good luck.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:45 pm

Still waiting for conditional approval after 3+ weeks

I applied for GE on May 13th, payment was processed on May 15th. However i still haven't received a conditional approval as of June 4th. It looks like some people have longer wait list. I am trying to see if FT magic works. Fingers crossed !
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:13 pm

You are not the only waiting I have been waiting since April.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:13 pm

Husband and I both applied for GE on 5/16/18 and are both still waiting for conditional approval.
We travel a lot for fun all over the world, Hong Kong, Europe, French Polynesia, not sure if that's the hold up but I sure hope not!!!
Please FT sprinkle some of the magic approval dust on us as we are preparing to leave the country again soon

Last edited by thisgirllovestotravel; Jun 6, 2018 at 9:33 pm Reason: Update: 2 days after posting to FT we have been approved!!!! Interview is scheduled for 6/10/18. Thank you FT!!!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:05 pm

I just have to say what I think everyone else is thinking: This is RIDICULOUS. Absolutely no rhyme or reason. One family member getting conditionally approved in three days, another one waiting two weeks. Or a month. Or 17 days and four hours. It's all over the place. And we pay $100 for the privilege of the irritation. I don't mind waiting if I know where I am in line -- but this is truly ridiculous. There. I feel much better.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:38 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DavidK23
I just have to say what I think everyone else is thinking: This is RIDICULOUS. Absolutely no rhyme or reason. One family member getting conditionally approved in three days, another one waiting two weeks. Or a month. Or 17 days and four hours. It's all over the place. And we pay $100 for the privilege of the irritation. I don't mind waiting if I know where I am in line -- but this is truly ridiculous. There. I feel much better.
Most people need about three weeks as it appears to go through a second level of review for a variety of reasons. Expect three weeks, if it takes three days, then consider it a bonus.

I do agree however about the people that take months. That can be frustrating as there is no info about the hold up. The FAQs do warn that it can take up to several months though
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:32 am

Thumbs up Update to My TTP Application Status

Well, I feel very lucky and grateful too ...
I applied May 31, got conditionally approved June 4 and have my interview scheduled at BWI on June 20.
I am very appreciative that the process seems to be moving in a timely manner.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:40 pm

Applied 5/10
Conditionally Approved 5/31
Interviewed 6/5 in Nashville
Approved 6/5
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:03 pm

Still pending

I applied for Global Entry on 5/17 still no response (6/6). I also heard NY wait time for a interview is very long?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by caroline1354
Waiting on approval, applied on 5/16

I realized a few days later I messed up the zip code on my current address (added extra numbers, must have typed in the box accidentally) is this a reason for denial? Could it be affecting my approval time? Hoping for some FT mojo.
Got conditionally approved today!

Applied: 5/16
Payment Processed: 5/16
Conditionally Approved: 6/6
Scheduled appointment for July, but may take a same day appointment at JFK if I'm in the area!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:40 pm

Applied

Applied on June 1, 2018 for my self, wife and daughter. Wife and daughter received the email on June 5 I am still waiting. They have the interview schedule on June 15. I home I receive my email soon.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:40 am

Global Entry - should I worry?

Hi all,
So my bf applied to the global entry on May 18, which was soon as he received his Amex card (they reimburse for GE). I started my application that day, but didnt make a payment until May 23, which was when I received my Amex (different one, but also reimburses for GE). Coincidentally, he received his conditional approval the day I paid mine (May 23). Its now June 7th and I have yet to receive mine. Hes waiting on me to get my approval so he can schedule our interview close together (where I live there are interviews daily at all hours). My trip is coming up in 3 weeks, should I be worried? My other two family members have had theirs, my bf now has the option for the interview, but Im still waiting. My record is clean to the T, so is there anything I can do? Maybe have him schedule his interview and I go along and say hey, I applied too 😬 lol. I dont know, but something? Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:45 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Sledesma33
Hi all,
So my bf applied to the global entry on May 18, which was soon as he received his Amex card (they reimburse for GE). I started my application that day, but didnt make a payment until May 23, which was when I received my Amex (different one, but also reimburses for GE). Coincidentally, he received his conditional approval the day I paid mine (May 23). Its now June 7th and I have yet to receive mine. Hes waiting on me to get my approval so he can schedule our interview close together (where I live there are interviews daily at all hours). My trip is coming up in 3 weeks, should I be worried? My other two family members have had theirs, my bf now has the option for the interview, but Im still waiting. My record is clean to the T, so is there anything I can do? Maybe have him schedule his interview and I go along and say hey, I applied too 😬 lol. I dont know, but something? Thanks!
You have to wait until you get conditional approval. Your application appears to have gone to a second level review and the current time appears to be about 3 weeks so barring any issues, you can probably expect an email next week.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Cityflyer10

You have to wait until you get conditional approval. Your application appears to have gone to a second level review and the current time appears to be about 3 weeks so barring any issues, you can probably expect an email next week.
Interesting, any reason why they would send me to a second level of review? The only thing that comes to mind is me being unemployed since end of December 2016, but thats because I became a full time nursing student. I did add that information. Or I also realized that I made a mistake and put unemployment as of December 2017 instead of 2016, but it says to correct it once you have your interview. Cant think of anything else. Thanks for the reply!

Last edited by Sledesma33; Jun 7, 2018 at 9:47 am Reason: Inputted wring year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.