Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dis, IHG Gold.
Applied 7/28
Approved 8/1
Interview: April 19th, 2017 (Warrick, RI)
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: AA, BA, Admirals, Accor, HHG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by JJ Moon
Hi,

So I applied for GE on April 22th, Conditional Approval on May 25th, and Interview on July 20th. The officer verbally confirmed my approval and said I would receive an email with the approval in 48 hours but haven't gotten anything.

Is the processing time for the final approval variable?
The CBP officer half explained that I may get an email in 48 hours and then said, which I'm actually approving you right now... I checked my email while sitting there talking with him and I had the notification on GOES before getting up. I imagine it is a matter of time, only.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:51 am

Sorry if this has been answered but there are a lot of pages to read through: if you're approved after the interview, what happens after that? Do you get something (sticker?) to put in your passport? Do you receive it same day or is it mailed? Or is there no sticker at all and your status is changed in the system?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You get an email that your status in the system has changed (to approved), although some interviewers tell you at the end of the interview that you're approved. Normally you can start using GE the following day after the approval. You should be able to use your GE number as a KTN for getting PreCheck around the same time.

Within a week or two you receive a GE card in the mail. It must be activated through the GOES website within a month.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:53 pm

Thought I'd add my data point:

Applied: 7/1

Conditional Approval: 7/21

First Available Interview (DC Area): 10/3

Actual Interview and Approval: 8/3 (DC Enrollment Center)

As others have said, you have to check for appointments everyday and you're bound to find one that is much sooner. I think I checked daily for a week before one opened up much closer in time. The interview was very simple and I received my approval email within 30 minutes.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:08 am

Has anyone ever had their application stuck in pending review? If so, how did you solve it? My Initial Enrollment application for Global Entry has been in pending review since 5/26/16.

Thank you.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You get an email that your status in the system has changed (to approved), although some interviewers tell you at the end of the interview that you're approved. Normally you can start using GE the following day after the approval. You should be able to use your GE number as a KTN for getting PreCheck around the same time.
My wife and I were told at our interview (Otay Mesa) that we were approved and that if we walked over to Mexico we could use the much shorter, faster, SENTRI pedestrian line when we returned.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Hi,

So I applied for GE on April 22th, Conditional Approval on May 25th, and Interview on July 20th. The officer verbally confirmed my approval and said I would receive an email with the approval in 48 hours but haven't gotten anything.

Welcome to FT. Final approval varies; most of us receive final approval email within one hour from interview. If you do not receive your final approval 2 weeks from interview, I would call interview office and inquire about the delay. Most likely someone forgot to click "approve".
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by NickOfTime
Has anyone ever had their application stuck in pending review? If so, how did you solve it? My Initial Enrollment application for Global Entry has been in pending review since 5/26/16.

Thank you.
Look at Post 3657 by RC Cruiser. Once you find their post, you can click on their name to track their saga. Yes - theirs got lost. They ended up calling " Office of the Commissioner of Field Operations of the USCBP".

Last edited by Starfish; Aug 5, 2016 at 5:24 am
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:01 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by EBUS
I have another data point and a question.

I interviewed two weeks ago. I have received no communication from Global Entry (nothing in the mail either) and when I login it still has my old interview appointment listed. When I call my local enrollment center no one answers and the mailbox is full.

I tried calling the O'Hare number listed in this thread as well. At least their mailbox isn't full but they didn't call me back.

Any recommendations? It seems that everyone gets an email before they even get back to their car.
Just wanted to update you guys on my saga... Thanks for the help.

I kept calling the main number at local Global Entry office. No answer and the voicemail is full!!

I found a number for O'Hare here in this thread. Thanks to whomever posted it. I then talked to a nice lady (first time I called, someone answered, imagine that!) there who looked at my account and said everything was in but my fingerprints "hadn't been approved." But she couldn't help me because I interviewed elsewhere. I pleaded with her, no one ever answers the phone, voicemail is full, I'm at my wit's end here. She found three other numbers for my local office. Finally someone answered the last one. And yes, someone just didn't click "approve" on my application.

So, my recommendation, if you can't get ahold of anyone, call O'Hare because they actually answer their phone (773-686-2800) and tell them you can't get through, and beg and plead for all of the numbers at your local office.

Hi,

I see you're a new member, so hope you're still following. I was in a similar boat, although it's almost been an entire month. See my experience above. Call your office. Everyone seems to get the approval email within a day max.

Originally Posted by Starfish
Look at Post 3657 by RC Cruiser. Once you find their post, you can click on their name to track their saga. Yes - theirs got lost. They ended up calling " Office of the Commissioner of Field Operations of the USCBP".
You can actually link directly to any post, just right click on the post number you saw and copy the link, like this for the post you referenced. Good find though. That post was pretty far back. If I didn't make headway by going my route above, this would have been the next step.

Last edited by EBUS; Aug 6, 2016 at 8:10 pm
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:35 am

Applied: 6/19
Conditional Approval: 7/8
Interview: 8/6 at DFW

Interviewing officer did ask for my approval letter, but not for any ID other than my passport. I brought an electric bill and my voter card just in case since I've only been in my current apartment for 2 years. Interview took less than 5 minutes, and I had the approval email by the time I got back to my car.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:28 pm

Applied: 8/1
Conditional approval: 8/6

Appointment availability at PDX currently begins in March of 2017. I've been trying to move up over the last couple of days with no luck. I did snag an appointment at 8:45 a.m. at SEA on 8/20, so if nothing opens up at PDX in the next couple of weeks I will just make the drive up to Seattle. I am traveling (domestically) in September and October, so I would like to have Precheck in place before that.

Meanwhile I will continue to try to find something at PDX. There is a post earlier in this thread about someone having trouble with a same day appointment because he wasn't on the CBP officer's printout for the day. Has anyone else had this problem? Say if I check at 10a.m. and there was an appointment available at 2p.m., would there be any issue with my taking it? My office is right on the light rail line that goes to PDX, so it would be very feasible for me to make a quick trip out there.

By the way, barring cancellations, current availability at SEA begins in December, and at the Seattle Urban Enrollment Center it begins in January. If you're willing to drive to Blaine, WA, you can pretty much get an appointment whenever you want. They are wide open.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Running Data Point

Will have to come back to update

Did GOES application for 14 YO son today 6/18/2016
Conditional Approval: 7/7/16
Interview Date at IAD: 9/6/16 (first day available)
I check every day to see if I can get an earlier appointment and today was the first day that one came up albeit only 8 days earlier so I just kept the original date/time.

It's amazing, we are going to So Cal and I'm having no luck at any of those sites to change too as well (for the 8 days we are in So cal)

The backlog for these interviews is amazing
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Gold
Applied: 7/29
Conditional approval: 8/8
Interview date at downtown DC enrollment center: 10/5 (first available)

Sort of thinking about trying to drive out to Champlain or Buffalo when I'm in upstate NY next week since they seem to be wide open, but 10/5 isn't the worst wait in the world.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by rachc
Applied: 7/29
Conditional approval: 8/8
Interview date at downtown DC enrollment center: 10/5 (first available)

Sort of thinking about trying to drive out to Champlain or Buffalo when I'm in upstate NY next week since they seem to be wide open, but 10/5 isn't the worst wait in the world.
Welcome to FT. If you keep doing a new search, you are very likely to find something closer. Good luck and let us know your result.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.