Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States or when using CBP Preclearance facilities. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. If you require assistance for your Global Entry interview because of a disability, immediately inform the interviewing CBP officer of your need for a reasonable modification or auxiliary aid or service to participate in the interview. For your planning purposes, please understand that if you use EoA and are requesting a modification, aid, or service at that time and an effective modification, aid, or service is not readily available, the interview may be scheduled for a later date.

To complete the interview via EoA, you must be in possession of the following documents:
  • A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them all to the interview so that the information can be added to your file.
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors.
  • A permanent resident card (if applicable).

Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
LAX has a dedicated EoA kiosk, see post 167 above.

Although having kids enrol while the rest of the party is already enrolled isn't something I have thought of before, I would assume that those who are enrolled should complete their formalities at the GE kiosk before approaching the EoA desk. Those who are not enrolled can enrol there and those who are can enter the USA via the same desk.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Does anyone have any experience of GE interview on arrival at LAX? We will be arriving on the BA283 which is scheduled to arrive at 13.05. Mr NW and I both have GE but we will be travelling with our 9 year olds who do not. Ultimately I am looking at what will be most painless (remembering a 100+ minute queue at immigration on our last visit) but there are obvious advantages to them having GE in the longer term. What I am unclear about is whether we have to clear immigration the slow way and then do the GE interview or whether that is all one process that will be faster than the 'normal' immigration process. Some of the posts on this thread suggest a separate line for GE IOA but it is unclear whether that is before or after clearing immigration.

What time should I book the interview for allowing for de-planing etc and the time it takes to travel through LAX? We are travelling in F. What happens if the flight is delayed and we miss our interview slot?

Any insight into the process would be much appreciated. I am regretting not taking the kids when the GE processing centre was operating in London. I am aware of current backlogs but we are not travelling until August.
For Enrollment on Arrival you don't book an appointment, you just show up. In SFO it's a marked line in the same area as the main GE entry kiosks, all prior to the booths, so you could indeed use the kiosk then wait with the kids in the EOA line. When I went through there was just one agent doing both who had the EOA people wait until the bulk of the GE people had gone through (maybe 10 minutes) then processed those of us in the EOA line. Someone else would have to confirm if LAX is set up similarly, but it sounds like it.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you. Can anyone give a view on whether using EOA is likely to be less hassle than completing the normal immigration process? Or will it take longer to do EOA?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Thank you. Can anyone give a view on whether using EOA is likely to be less hassle than completing the normal immigration process? Or will it take longer to do EOA?
EOA should be less hassle for sure. Even though I had to wait 10-15 minutes because they only had one officer prioritizing the GE entries, it was still probably less than the main line wait time -- and definitely less than the overhead of scheduling and getting to an appointment, finding the office, waiting there, etc. The interview itself only took a couple minutes and she processed my entry at the same time (I had used the mobile passport app so the answers to the questions popped up with my passport I presume).
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
I had a surreal, but rewarding experience yesterday at JFK. It wasn't EOA as it's generally understood, but the result was the same. Long story short, I got GE approval.

I'd applied on 8 Feb, with a trip from Bucharest to Phoenix planned for Easter - it included a LHR-JFK leg, so I was hopeful that I would be able to do EOA then. With all the long processing times, I started monitoring reported times on threads in the Trusted Travelers forum and recently the times were either within a couple of weeks or around 70 days. My arrival in JFK was 70 days after my application. It would be close!

I left Bucharest for London and then New York early on the 19th and checked my status then (which would have been close of business on the 18th in the US). It was still 'pending review'. I prepared myself for the worst, but asked at immigration whether my status could be checked. No one seemed to know, but the office who stamped me in told me about the enrollment office in T4 and said they should be able to tell me. I'd actually got through pretty quickly (it was less than 20 mins after I stepped off the plane at this point and I had 2hrs before my connection). So I hopped on the train to T4.

I tried to explain to the officer on the door what I wanted and he told me to wait. After 20 mins or so, I was thinking about giving up and heading to T8. However my name was called and was was asked to take seat. From what the officer was saying to me, it was obvious that I was being interviewed - I interrupted to ask if I'd been conditionally approved and he said 'of course, you would have received an email'. At the end, he told me that I had been approved and gave me some handouts - not 'you'll hear from us'. No emails about CA or after! However, it does mean that 'walk ins' there aren't impossible.

Another interesting thing is when I logged into my account, I could see both letters and both were headed with the 19th of April and exactly the same time - which was about 1:20 AM UK BST (or 8:20 PM NY time on the 18th)?? Not sure what to make of that, as the time doesn't make sense for the final approval. Still, not complaining!
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:41 pm

Experience at IAD

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with EOA at Washington DC Dulles (IAD)? Checked site and says during international arrivals. Coming in late from Asia and want to be sure I don't miss signs as I have never seen them in my multiple entries. Also doing APEC, not sure if both can be processed at the same time?

Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:29 am

Is there a set hours where there are officers available for the entry on arrival at LAX? Our flight got delayed and won't get in until around 9:30pm. I'm hoping there are some cbp officers that are still there to do it.

Last edited by s0ju; Apr 22, 2019 at 9:30 am Reason: Errors
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:40 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ehuang03
Is there a set hours where there are officers available for the entry on arrival at LAX? Our flight got delayed and won't get in until around 9:30pm. I'm hoping there are some cbp officers that are still there to do it.
According to the CBP Enrollment on Arrival Locations web page, which is linked in the wikipost that appears at the top of each page of this thread, the Enrollment on Arrival hours at LAX are:
6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Tom Bradley Terminal)
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Terminal 2)
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Terminal 4)
11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Terminal 7)
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
According to the CBP Enrollment on Arrival Locations web page, which is linked in the wikipost that appears at the top of each page of this thread, the Enrollment on Arrival hours at LAX are:
I've seen that. I thought that would be the actual "office" hours. I assumed that one of the CBP officers at the immigration line does it. Thanks.

Edit: Sucks for my buddy. Suppose to land around 7pm, but flight delayed for over two hours.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:55 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I've seen that. I thought that would be the actual "office" hours. I assumed that one of the CBP officers at the immigration line does it. Thanks.
The the information on that page is specific to Enrollment on Arrival (TRUSTED TRAVELER PROGRAMS >> GLOBAL ENTRY >> ENROLLMENT ARRIVAL >> LOCATIONS).

The LAX Global Entry Enrollment center is not located at the airport, it is at 11099 South La Cienega Blvd. and its hours are from 7:30am to 9:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Edit: Sucks for my buddy. Suppose to land around 7pm, but flight delayed for over two hours.
Even beyond listed hours for enrollment on arrival, the buddy in the immigration line on arrival can ask CBP to see if someone in CBP can do the EOA. Some places have had EOA done even at hours beyond those listed as the EOA hours.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:38 pm

I'm arriving at DTW. I have GE and just need an interview for APEC card. When I arrive do I go to GE terminal first and then EOA, or just go to EOA and they process the entry there?
Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:04 am

Hi all, just looking for some advice, I'm due to fly into SFO in June and need to complete my Global Entry interview. I plan on trying to do this on arrival. However, should I book a back-up appointment also? Either for after I land, or for before a flight out of SFO in late June, just in case? Any advice would be appreciated!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by draketm
Hi all, just looking for some advice, I'm due to fly into SFO in June and need to complete my Global Entry interview. I plan on trying to do this on arrival. However, should I book a back-up appointment also? Either for after I land, or for before a flight out of SFO in late June, just in case? Any advice would be appreciated!
There is no downside to holding an interview slot "just in case" as you describe.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Jeremiah King
Hello,

Does anyone have experience with EOA at Washington DC Dulles (IAD)? Checked site and says during international arrivals. Coming in late from Asia and want to be sure I don't miss signs as I have never seen them in my multiple entries. Also doing APEC, not sure if both can be processed at the same time?

Thanks
So I will answer my own question. I came into Terminal C and no one knew what I was talking about at IAD. The Customs Agent told me I head to go thru customs in Terminal C then go over to main Terminal to do EOA. I was skeptical and asked 3 more times, are you sure I cannot go back and go to main Terminal directly and go thru customs there and do EOA. Each time, with more frustration, he told me to complete customs entry and then go over after.

Fast forward 1 hour, I should have followed my gut. When arriving in Terminal C, as you are walking to Customs there is a decision point. If you have transfers (purple sign) or no transfer (yellow signs). Even if you have a transfer, take the NO TRANSFER YELLOW SIGN WAY! This will put you on a shuttle to the main terminal and you can complete your EOA there as you in-process the country.

<redacted by moderator>. Sadly, I shall wait until my appointment in 1.5 months and enjoy a 5 hour drive since my city does not have a local GE office. <redacted by moderator>.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 26, 2019 at 9:02 am Reason: Political commentary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.