Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Japan to begin Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) on Nov 1, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan to begin Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) on Nov 1, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: CX SL, TK G, SPG P, HH D, Hyatt D
Application submitted: 08 Sep
Preliminary inspection passed: 26 Sep
Secondary inspection completed: 09 Nov

The Haneda office staffs seem to be quite familiar with the process now. Took them less than 20 minutes to complete the whole thing.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Kayaker and LVF, OZ Carbonesque
I am coming up for renewal next year, and was hoping someone has gone through it already, and can update us on the process. I assume it is a repeat of the initial application process, but my main question is whether the new application can be submitted early, or does the current card need to expire first?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do I need to bring to my secondary interview? I can’t find the answer to this. Aside from my passport, GE card and revenue stamps is anything else required? Planning to go to Haneda this week.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
What do I need to bring to my secondary interview? I can’t find the answer to this. Aside from my passport, GE card and revenue stamps is anything else required? Planning to go to Haneda this week.
Bring photocopies of all the documents you submitted online, which should include a GE declaration form. This is what I submitted and brought copies with me at KIX

Passport (front and photo pages)
Nexus card (front and back; CIQ staff asked to see original card too)
Printout of Nexus approval letter
Declaration form (would bring a photocopy along with original signed one next time)

The last one was a bit of a stumble because the manual references copies and I brought the original with a wet ink signature. The staffers ended up making a copy on their machine instead of sending me to a conbini. Others have reported success with less strict staff.

ETA: wouldn't hurt to bring a copy of your acceptance email with the application number on it.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:58 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Submitted my renewal on January 5, 2020. Will post a status update as they become available.
LASNRT likes this.

Last edited by kluau88; Jan 5, 2020 at 11:24 pm
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
kluau88 Was the renewal just a fresh application? When I got my card the officer told me that there was no “renewal,” but I haven’t seen if things have changed.

I’m going to end up getting a new passport (out of pages) before my current passport and TTP card expires - just curious about the process.

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: United MP
Finally got my acceptance today. Applied in 2017, result was "Application Inapplicable"...no explanation.
Reapplied Jan 7th...after re-re-reading posts here, I realized that I did not include a photocopy of the front of my passport (what use could that be to anyone???), so I withdrew my application.
A day later (Jan 17), the system let me re-apply and today I received an email saying that my application had been approved -- 1 week!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:00 am

My card will expire in March.
I submitted a new application on 21 Jan and the current status is "Under preliminary inspection".

Update: preliminary inspection is completed on 29 Jan.

Last edited by hkrwa; Jan 29, 2020 at 5:36 am
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Renewal Process

So I initially submitted the information to renew my membership on 1/5/2020, but had to resubmit again due to issues with the scanned documents as you can not edit a submitted application

Anyhow I submitted my documents and application again on 1/23/2020. The preliminary inspection was complete on 2/3/2020. I arrived into HND on 2/21/2020 and went to the immigration office which is located at the far right of the departure hall. The office is right near the Singapore Airlines check-in counter. When I arrived the guy working in the office thought I needed a new card, but after a few minutes he understood that I was there for the secondary inspection. All in the process took about 65 minutes. They basically had to delete my current record assigned to the old card and issue me a new one. They gave me the old card with a hole punch in it and issued me a new card. The new card doesn't have an entry printed on the back so hopefully no issues leaving Japan. The old expiration date on my membership was 4/1/2020. The new one is 3 years from today.

To those who are going to the secondary inspection, you will need a passport size photo. The officer scanned the photo, but gave it back to me. For them to delete the entry record for my card, the guy working in the office had to call an immigration officer (one in the navy jacket).
jashsu likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by kluau88
The new card doesn't have an entry printed on the back so hopefully no issues leaving Japan. The old expiration date on my membership was 4/1/2020. The new one is 3 years from today.
this should be fine - same scenario for my 1st TTP secondary inspection (entered with passport, went for secondary landside, card didnt have any entry, no issues exiting using it)

To those who are going to the secondary inspection, you will need a passport size photo.
this isn't part of the instructions?

you need it (along with other documents) to submit online for initial application, but secondary inspection explicitly tells you to bring all documents except facial photograph

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/ttp2/en/pdf/info.pdf

(c) After you have received an email notifying you that you
have passed the preliminary inspection, bring the original copies of the materials to be
submitted to the designated registration counter (excluding the facial photograph) within 6
months, and undergo the secondary inspection
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:14 pm

My trip to Japan might still be canceled because of the new coronavirus, so I was worried I would lose my eligibility for the JTTP... but it looks like they have expanded the program starting this month. Some of the categories (one of which I fall into!) only require ONE visit instead of two. That's nice.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
JTTP Secondary Enrollment - Tax Stamps

For those of you who joined the Japan Trusted Traveler Program and did secondary inspection right after arrival, where did you go to pick up the required tax stamps prior to getting to the secondary inspection area to complete your enrollment (at either NRT or HND)? I read they are sold at the conbinis (7-11/lawsons/etc), but I won't see one of those before I go through immigration, or is secondary inspection for JTTP something I do after I pass through the normal immigration process?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:33 pm

Normal immigration process, since the secondary inspection isn't available on arrival. You can access the registration counters either landside or during departure.

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/ttp2/pdf/list_en.pdf

You can pick up the tax stamps from a konbini and then go to the landside registration counter to do the secondary. That's what we did at KIX with Lawsons there. If it's late or you're tired, you can use either the landside or departure counter when you're departing and do it then. Landside might be a bit better if you should need something like one of the stamps went missing..

(will ask mods to merge this over to the main TTP thread)
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by rustykettel
The secondary inspection isn't available on arrival. You can access the registration counters either landside or during departure.

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/ttp2/pdf/list_en.pdf

(will ask mods to merge this over to the main TTP thread)

Oops just found the main thread, for some reason when I looked before I just saw the one that was closed years ago. Thanks though, I must have misread. Thought I saw that you could do secondary registration then use the card to enter japan after it's approved and the card is printed. Thanks for the response.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:42 pm

No worries! Edited mine to respond more fully to your post while you were replying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.