Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Japan to begin Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) on Nov 1, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan to begin Trusted Traveler Program (TTP) on Nov 1, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2022, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by harrycheng
Wondering how long it takes now for the first inspection, looking to apply in around Dec or Jan.
I applied October 6, just got the email for the secondary inspection November 9th. I had the card before, but not sure if that makes a difference
Old Nov 9, 2022, 10:01 am

I just got my preliminary inspection back, (9/25 --> 11/10). I'm currently in Japan so I'll probably swing by before my departure to see if the registration counters are actually open.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by exefdt
I just got my preliminary inspection back, (9/25 --> 11/10). I'm currently in Japan so I'll probably swing by before my departure to see if the registration counters are actually open.
The counter at Haneda T3 was indeed open and was able to get my secondary inspection done and get my card issued.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by exefdt
The counter at Haneda T3 was indeed open and was able to get my secondary inspection done and get my card issued.
Glad to hear that! Hopefully they'll increase the processing times. If I'm getting a passport change soon, can I still apply for primary inspection (which requires passport details) or should I wait until I update my passport?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by harrycheng
Glad to hear that! Hopefully they'll increase the processing times. If I'm getting a passport change soon, can I still apply for primary inspection (which requires passport details) or should I wait until I update my passport?
Not sure, but personally I would probably just wait until the new passport number comes in.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 1:16 am

I guess so, because I think the ttp expires when my passport expires
Old Nov 22, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA MM, Avis CHM
Hi folks, came back to this thread since I just got the "Initial Examination Completed" email today, 22 Nov 2022, for an application that was filed back on 29 April. (US passport holder, Global Entry)

Having just come back from Japan I'm going to regret not having gotten the 2,200 yen revenue stamps prior to leaving the country, aren't I? Apologies for re-hashing what should probably become a sticky information shortly, what's your recommended path towards getting the Secondary Examination completed and a card issued on my next visit through either NRT or HND?

(I'm also noting potential conflicts for tax-free retailers and Japan Rail Pass exchange agents that want to see a Short-Term Entry stamp in the passport; would love notes on how people are getting this done by seeing someone at entry passport control, presumably)
Old Nov 25, 2022, 5:02 pm

I just bumped into this program by looking at the threads here on FT. I'm going to Japan on 10/2023 and wanted to sign up for this program before I go. I got GE already but I'm confused about the number of entries into Japan qualified for JTTP. It says 2 but does that mean twice in the last 12 months or twice in a lifetime? I haven't went back to Japan in a few years and it was pre-covid when I went last time.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by n0fx
I just bumped into this program by looking at the threads here on FT. I'm going to Japan on 10/2023 and wanted to sign up for this program before I go. I got GE already but I'm confused about the number of entries into Japan qualified for JTTP. It says 2 but does that mean twice in the last 12 months or twice in a lifetime? I haven't went back to Japan in a few years and it was pre-covid when I went last time.
Twice in the last 12 months. You can get the card at the airport on your second entry. (Of course, you have to be approved by that time…)
Old Nov 27, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
For those that have had the card before and re-applied, is there still a requirement of 2 entries in the past 12 months if you have had the card? I'm guessing this to be the case, but given lack of access to Japan for the last two years...

Need to know if I need to get two entries done before the secondary inspection, like last time.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Initial examination completed earlier than I expected and I don't have the revenue stamps on hand before my next entry. Is there any way to get them before entering Japan? Or is secondary inspection after I enter Japan? I'll be entering at HND

Last edited by SugoiHikouki; Nov 28, 2022 at 12:11 pm
Old Dec 1, 2022, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by SugoiHikouki
Initial examination completed earlier than I expected and I don't have the revenue stamps on hand before my next entry. Is there any way to get them before entering Japan? Or is secondary inspection after I enter Japan? I'll be entering at HND
There's a groundside counter to do secondary inspection and a Lawson in the airport that sells revenue stamps.
SugoiHikouki likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Have a number of high-brand (Titanium! Infinite!) debit cards, but not a plat credit card. Tempted to apply anyway and see if I get away with it...
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I submitted in late November, got through preliminary inspection in about 7 days, and have a card in hand now. Thanks for all the tips and info here!
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Hello all, is there an updated list of where the secondary inspection locations? The link above to the government site appears to redirect to just the home page.

Sorry I should have searched more. English version is not updated but the Japanese page has the current information now: https://www.moj.go.jp/isa/publications/materials/ttp2_pre-check_pre-check_document07.html
Xyzzy likes this.

Last edited by zephyr7; Dec 15, 2022 at 11:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.