Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2023, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by michab
So I guess it’s back to hoping someone has some insight regarding my original message.

Global Entry question - U.S. citizens residing overseas

Yes the documents you listed should be fine. Bring everything you can to show an actual living presence. FBAR/FACTA and othe tax docs are good ones, a lease or mortgage, some utility bills. Does your country have an official registration extract? (That's what I used)

Bring it all, and it will be fine.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by donkeydork
Global Entry question - U.S. citizens residing overseas

Yes the documents you listed should be fine. Bring everything you can to show an actual living presence. FBAR/FACTA and othe tax docs are good ones, a lease or mortgage, some utility bills. Does your country have an official registration extract? (That's what I used)

Bring it all, and it will be fine.
My reservation regarding the FBAR/1040 is that those are technically documents that I'm preparing and submitting, as opposed to being issued to me. Lease, mortgage, utility bills, etc. are all not going to be in English (and mostly not in my name), neither would a registration extract unfortunately. One of the things that did concern me was that all of the documents listed as examples seemed to be things that directly pertain to the residence itself, as opposed to being just documents that happen to have my name and address on them.

Any idea if they need to have everything in hard copy or if I can just have digital copies ready of various documents? Would definitely be easier to have a wide assortment of options ready if I could just collect them into a folder as opposed to having to find someone with a printer and bring a whole physical folder full of paperwork (most of which I may well not even actually need...)

P.S. I think you're thinking of FATCA, as opposed to the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act?
Old Aug 6, 2023, 4:30 am

Honestly no clue if digital works. I mean everything seems to be at the discretion of the agent. If it were me I'd have physical copies AND digital copies.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 1:11 pm

Interestingly, I EoAed this past Sunday, and was surprised not to be asked for any documentation at all.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
For a first time GE interview, does passport, lease agreement and utilities bill work for documentation?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
For a first time GE interview, does passport, lease agreement and utilities bill work for documentation?
Along with the ones you mentioned, add Driver's License or State ID

Last edited by birdy24; Mar 19, 2024 at 4:09 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by birdy24
Along with the ones you mentioned, add Driver's License or State ID
Thanks for the reply, are DL and/or ID required if I have the other items?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:54 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
They seem to have simplified it since I first applied for Global Entry. Your conditional approval letter should list the documents which are required/acceptable.

From the CBP Knowledge Article Applying for Global Entry dated July 7, 2023: "Bring your valid passport and one other form of identification, such as a driver’s license or ID card, to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your machine-readable permanent resident card."

The Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival page, which was last updated on Oct 12, 2023, is a bit more detailed about the documents proving residency: "Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are: driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc. This is not required for minors."

My personal philosophy is to bring more than the minimum required just in case that I end up with an over officious interviewer.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:54 pm

May not be required but doesn't hurt to carry. If anything you have a backup.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:01 pm

Thank you both for the info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.