Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, lotsa hotels

My interview is next week—in the interview invitation letter it says, "... you must bring with you the following original documents...:
  • This letter
  • Passport
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are a drivers license..., mortgage statement, rental payment statement, ... etc."
(emphasis added on documents-plural)
The letter is somewhat ambiguous, and the GOES web site FAQ is the same.

I plan to bring my passport and drivers license with current address. There is nothing at all exceptional about my status etc. Has anyone been asked for or brought more than that for the interview?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:16 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by DrJohn999
I plan to bring my passport and drivers license with current address. There is nothing at all exceptional about my status etc. Has anyone been asked for or brought more than that for the interview?
I brought exactly that for my renewal appointment last week. It was sufficient.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My interview is next week—in the interview invitation letter it says, "... you must bring with you the following original documents...:
  • This letter
  • Passport
  • Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are a drivers license..., mortgage statement, rental payment statement, ... etc."

Just about US citizen adults I know in the program, just about all had to show nothing more than the letter, the passport and a singular piece of evidence acceptable as proof of residence.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
I don't pay any bill and don't have the rental statement. My driver's license with a white sticker in the back with my new address. Should I ask my landlord to change the billing name to mine or just go to the rmv to get my license changed?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:29 pm

Brought documents, didn't need

I brought a copy of my mortgage statement as well as the conditional approval letter, but didn't need either of them. Was not asked to produce anything, other than a passport and driver's license.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
All I had to show for my NEXUS interview was my passport and my driver's license.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:53 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Do you have a bank account? Use that statement. Have you received any mail from the IRS? What about mailed 1099s?

If you're not on the lease, then I don't think you want the landlord to change the bill to your name. You're possibly opening yourself to all sorts of legal exposure if your roommate(?) defaults on the rent.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Perfect. Thanks for the replies, all.

--DrJ
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: WFBF
At my interview, before I sat down I put my passport, driver's license (with current address matching what was in my GE application) and letter on the desk for the officer. Was not asked for any further documents.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I brought the registration document for my car which had my physical address on it and that was sufficient for proof of residency in my interview. I'm actually not sure the agent really even looked at it.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

• This letter
  • Passport

Post-Interview: My business in Chicago ended early and I arrived at the TSA interview at ORD T5 2 hours early -- not a problem, everyone was showing up early and I waited all of 2 minutes. The interview took about 7-10 mins, just wanted to see my passport and DL. Asked a few simple questions ("Have you traveled to Canada or Mexico?", "What's your home address" etc), fingerprints, photo, and a little conversation. 1.5 hr later the approval notice came by email.

Well, that couldn't have been much easier!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 5:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Global Entry Interview - What docs do I need to bring

I have a GOES pass but I can't recall what documents (other than my passport) that I was required to bring.

However my questions is for my 16 YO son who has his interview today.

I went to log on to the GOES site, couldn't remember his PW, so I did the get a new PW process no problem to the point of getting a temp PW. Then it made me change my PW which I failed on 3 attempts (I have no idea how or why it failed me but it did) and now I'm locked out of my son's account AND my account due to PW failure.

While I'll try to call them about unlocking my account, it doesn't open for another 2 hours or so (9-5).

My questions is for my minor son what do I have to bring?

Passport
what else?

thanks
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As I recall, it is his passport, the "invitation" letter and some other form of ID. Have him be the person presenting his documents and doing the conversing with the Officer. You should not interrupt unless something turns really ugly or there is a fact which only you can supply.

Bear in mind that for a 16 YOA, CBP is working off your records unless there is something peculiar about your son's background, e.g., he lived abroad apart from you for a substantial period of time.

Also, to the extent that there are any other documents which may be called for, you ought to have them (but don't present them or show them unless asked). Not likely for a 16 YOA, but those are things such as court records of dismissals and the like
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:38 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
My questions is for my minor son what do I have to bring?

Passport
what else?
They want the following:

• The Conditional approval letter.
  • Passport(s) and when applicable a Permanent Resident (Green) Card.
  • Document proving residency, i.e., Driver's License or a bill of some sort.

I'm sure that they'll accept proof of your residency in case of a minor child.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
GOES Interview - What docs do I need to bring

Thanks

They wanted his passport, acceptance letter and ID. I gave his school ID

Got home and the email was waiting

Thanks everyone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.