Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Documents are Required/Acceptable for the Global Entry Interview?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by AAdamE
I didn't realize I needed something with my address on it, and they are saying the next available appt is one month after my next international trip.
You can complete your interview through the Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival program when you reenter the US. Per our resident CBP officer, no proof of residency documentation is necessary when doing Enrollment on Arrival.
Originally Posted by maninblack
None needed when doing EoA. We don't expect people to be traveling with their electric/mortgage bills. I had that same concern when we started EoA at my port.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
But, do at least send in the change of address for your DL. Most states require that it be done in a very few days and, in the final review, it may show up as an anomaly for GE. No need to have any loose ends.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:32 am

I was planning on bringing my passport and drivers license to my interview. Do I also need to bring evidence of residency? Or is that only needed if you have a different address on your drivers license?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:36 am

Red face Global Entry for US Citizen living overseas - no US address - Interview documents

Hi All, I have read through many threads on the global entry forum, but cannot find an applicable answer to my situation. Seeking guidance! My husband and I are Americans but have been living in South Africa for the last 12 years. My husband has dual citizenship, but I do not. We will be traveling to the US and our GE application has been approved, and the letter states we need to schedule the interview. The documents we need to bring are our passports and evidence of residency. This is our dilemna... We do not have any of the items they require for residency, as we don't live in the US: ie: US driver's license, mortgage statement, etc. My parents are in the US and I do have many documents that are sent to their address: A checkbook, credit card bills, etc. I would like to know how flexible the interviewers are with regard to the required documents for proof of residency - do you think a checkbook would suffice? Thank you
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by tiffanys
Hi All, I have read through many threads on the global entry forum, but cannot find an applicable answer to my situation. Seeking guidance! My husband and I are Americans but have been living in South Africa for the last 12 years. My husband has dual citizenship, but I do not. We will be traveling to the US and our GE application has been approved, and the letter states we need to schedule the interview. The documents we need to bring are our passports and evidence of residency. This is our dilemna... We do not have any of the items they require for residency, as we don't live in the US: ie: US driver's license, mortgage statement, etc. My parents are in the US and I do have many documents that are sent to their address: A checkbook, credit card bills, etc. I would like to know how flexible the interviewers are with regard to the required documents for proof of residency - do you think a checkbook would suffice? Thank you
So you are resident in South Africa... and they want proof of where you live. So surely you should be showing them South African documents proving your residence in South Africa (whereas it sounds like you are trying to show proof of US residence while not resident in the US?).
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tiffanys
The US passport, proof of South African residency and proof of South African residential address is generally sufficient. South African government mail/tax stuff to your address may work.
Often1 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The documents listed on the GE website are examples only and this is made clear by CBP because it uses the words "such as...." Just bring with you the rough equivalent, e.g. local driver's license, mortgage, utility bills, official government documents showing or addressed to you.

What you should not do is assert a false residential address in the US.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:38 pm

Thanks for your reply. I stated in my application that my current physical address is in South Africa, but the approval letter has the US address on it. So, I am assuming this is the address they want proof for? I suppose it's best to be prepared with info for both locations.

thank you for your reply. I'll bring docs for both locations

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 25, 2020 at 1:12 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Aug 29, 2020, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
For walk in on arrival interviews, does anyone know if they will accept electronic bills with the address on? Or do they need paper ones?
Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nk15
For walk in on arrival interviews, does anyone know if they will accept electronic bills with the address on? Or do they need paper ones?
From our resident CBP officer:
Originally Posted by maninblack
Originally Posted by msf868
@maninblack My brother has recently turned 18 and has been conditionally approved for GE. He was born in the US but has never had residence in the US but will be attending University in California in about a month. We are flying through MIA and he was planning on doing EOA there. What residency proof should he provide?
None needed when doing EoA. We don't expect people to be traveling with their electric/mortgage bills. I had that same concern when we started EoA at my port.
nk15 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
I tried to do EoA last week at EWR but had some issues in the interview. I initially applied in Sep 19 when I was living in the US on a visa attached to a separate passport. The agent pointed out some discrepancies (eg.my employer has changed) and so told me CBP would require further information. My application status has gone back to "pending review." How do I submit whatever new information CBP (not explicitly mentioned in the interview) requires without applying from scratch?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by patgarrett
I tried to do EoA last week at EWR but had some issues in the interview. I initially applied in Sep 19 when I was living in the US on a visa attached to a separate passport. The agent pointed out some discrepancies (eg.my employer has changed) and so told me CBP would require further information. My application status has gone back to "pending review." How do I submit whatever new information CBP (not explicitly mentioned in the interview) requires without applying from scratch?
To the best of my knowledge, you will have to bring those to the enrollment interview. Please check the following thread:You can submit a question via the Trusted Traveler Program Support Portal (which currently seems to be down).
Old Sep 15, 2020, 7:56 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by TWA884
To the best of my knowledge, you will have to bring those to the enrollment interview. Please check the following thread:You can submit a question via the Trusted Traveler Program Support Portal (which currently seems to be down).

Last edited by patgarrett; Sep 16, 2020 at 11:17 am Reason: Personal info
Old Apr 15, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Here is something CBP definitely need to clarify on their renewal confirmation page on the website: you need to bring your passport. If you're an LPR, a driver's license and GC are not sufficient, even if they have a passport record in the website. They need to physically swipe it. It doesn't say anywhere on the TTP portal page that a passport is needed for a renewal interview but CBP were adamant about it a short time ago in Miami. Might seem obvious to some, but if it's not shown to be brought then there is a valid case for "it didn't tell me to bring it, so I didn't" but logic/common sense and CBP are not on the same continent.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by techie
Here is something CBP definitely need to clarify on their renewal confirmation page on the website: you need to bring your passport. If you're an LPR, a driver's license and GC are not sufficient, even if they have a passport record in the website. They need to physically swipe it. It doesn't say anywhere on the TTP portal page that a passport is needed for a renewal interview but CBP were adamant about it a short time ago in Miami. Might seem obvious to some, but if it's not shown to be brought then there is a valid case for "it didn't tell me to bring it, so I didn't" but logic/common sense and CBP are not on the same continent.
Umm. That seems obvious to me. Global Entry = passport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.