Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival

Hide Wikipost
Old May 21, 19, 12:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You wonít need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).
Enrollment on Arrival Locations
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 1, 19, 3:19 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by joshwex90 View Post
Thanks!

For EoA, do you just walk into the office when landing?
Follow sign or ask.

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
Old Sep 3, 19, 9:35 am

Programs: Peasant at large
My GF just did EoA at SEA. Not all officers at the automated passport stations knew about EoA so be sure to keep asking different officers until you find one that does, you'll be directed to the right waiting area. Actual interview was quick and painless with a very professional and courteous officer. Approval confirmation the following day.

No walk-ins for SEA in the foreseeable future due to staff shortage.
Old Sep 4, 19, 1:10 pm

Programs: United Global Services
Iím arriving back from HK on the 7th into ORD. I have an interview for my APEC card scheduled for the 13th, but was wondering if Iím able to do the EoA at ORD for APEC? Iím still current on my GE and not up for renewal until next year.
Old Sep 6, 19, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL AMEX Reserve
I already have GE but I'm conditionally approved for the APEC card. Can I complete this following the EoA process?
Old Sep 7, 19, 11:56 am

Programs: DL PM
Completed enrollment on arrival at ATL terminal F last week for my 4 year old child. It was quick and easy. We had to go through the regular kiosk immigration line. Then there were signs for the interviews. There was a couple before us, so we waited about 10-15 minutes. It took about a week to get approval since the supervisor had to finalize it due to inability to scan fingerprints.
Old Sep 7, 19, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
A friend did enrollment on arrival at SFO this afternoon after a 3 pm arrival at International G. He waited about two hours as one officer was processing everyone wishing to do EoA.
aquarianx likes this.
Old Sep 10, 19, 12:36 pm

Did enrollment on arrival at SFO at 7AM on a Friday morning a couple of weeks ago. I also waited about an hour and a half as the officer had to process the wheelchair passengers first. I was second in line.

The approval came in that afternoon (no email).
Old Sep 11, 19, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
So even with these really long delays in processing, you can't do EoA until you've been processed and conditionally approved (pending interview)?
Old Sep 11, 19, 8:51 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by joshwex90 View Post
So even with these really long delays in processing, you can't do EoA until you've been processed and conditionally approved (pending interview)?
From the DHS Enrollment on Arrival web page:
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

<snip>
Once you have been conditionally approved, you have a full year to complete the enrollment interview.

Also, if the renewal application is submitted before the expiration date, Global Entry members continue to receive Global Entry benefits pending the final approval for up for six months after the original expiration date (as reported upthread, some members received emails advising them the the grace period has been extended to a full year).

Finally, many members, including me and my wife, received final approval of the renewal applications without having to to be interviewed.
Old Sep 12, 19, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
(as reported upthread, some members received emails advising them the the grace period has been extended to a full year).
It's officially 12 months for Global Entry members whose memberships expired in April 2019 or later.

Please refer to the Global Entry Renewal thread.
Old Sep 13, 19, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA
Would he have to go to Automated Passport Control before approaching the Global Entry desk?
Old Sep 13, 19, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA
Any experiences from MIA?
Old Sep 13, 19, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by msf868 View Post
Would he have to go to Automated Passport Control before approaching the Global Entry desk?
No.

From the CBP Enrollment on Arrival website:
When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection.
The Enrollment on Arrival Locations page lists where the interviews are conducted at participating airports.
Old Sep 13, 19, 10:59 pm

I was hoping to use this to enroll my daughter after our trip to Ireland in October as all of the airports we could complete the interview at are 3+ hours from us and appointments aren't available until the very end of the year, so doing it on an existing trip would be great. However, we are flying from DUB to PHL. I believe that you clear CBP in DUB so does that mean we will be unable to take advantage of this in PHL? Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 19, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by J_Dub View Post
However, we are flying from DUB to PHL. I believe that you clear CBP in DUB so does that mean we will be unable to take advantage of this in PHL?
Correct.

Search this Thread