Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Does MKE ever have open interview slots?
Since that location is only open 9:00AM - 4:00PM, Monday - Friday, you need to check frequently for cancellations.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:19 am

This is maybe a stupid question, but... Can I schedule an interview for CLT then switch to JFK (or other) if I see availability? Or am I limited to rescheduling at the same location? CLT seems to have very little availability.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Since that location is only open 9:00AM - 4:00PM, Monday - Friday, you need to check frequently for cancellations.
I check daily. I'd really like to get this done over the summer -- it's for my 13-year-old daughter. Any thoughts on getting something scheduled there or even somewhere not much further away?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by zitsky
This is maybe a stupid question, but... Can I schedule an interview for CLT then switch to JFK (or other) if I see availability? Or am I limited to rescheduling at the same location? CLT seems to have very little availability.
You can reschedule at any available location in the system. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

I check daily. I'd really like to get this done over the summer -- it's for my 13-year-old daughter. Any thoughts on getting something scheduled there or even somewhere not much further away?
  • Best time to check is when Milwaukee office is open
  • You can also do a new search by selecting any location that is acceptable to you
  • You can also try to Global Entry Walk-In Interviews

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 19, 2018 at 11:05 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
You can reschedule at any available location in the system. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.
  • Best time to check is when Milwaukee office is open
  • You can also do a new search by selecting any location that is acceptable to you
  • You can also try to Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
They've opened up appointments now. Open from 6/28 through at least the end of July. I scheduled one. Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They've opened up appointments now. Open from 6/28 through at least the end of July. I scheduled one. Thanks.
My daughter's appointment was today.

Drive there: 1 hour, 22 minutes
Appointment from the time we signed in through the time we got back in the car to head home: 6 minutes.
Drive home: 1 hour 22 minutes

While she didn't get an approval email before we got in the car like I did when I went, by the time we got home the account was marked approved.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Applied 6/1, conditional approval on 6/23, and the first available appointment at LAX was 7/24. I've been checking pretty regularly for earlier appointments to open up, and I got one today. I checked before I left for work and they were into August, but when I checked after I got in they had one for this evening and I snagged it. Traffic was light so I arrived about 45 minutes early, had to wait about 10 minutes before they called me, and then was done in about 3 minutes. No questions, he just looked like he was flipping through the application, said it's all in order, took my picture and prints and read me the "this doesn't give you any special rights, just cuts in line" spiel. It took me longer to get coffee across from their office than to get through. Approval hasn't come through yet "takes up to about a week, and just depends on when your prints clear".

Well worth it to check back frequently for appointments to open up. If I lived closer to LAX or the Long Beach port I could have gotten a morning appointment earlier - they seem to open up more.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:18 am

Calendar?

I recall in the past there was a calendar where you could see how far out/in appointments were booking. Can't seem to find it now...

Specifically looking if anyone has experience at Memphis??
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:36 pm

<deleted>

i had this same problem finding the schedule. I found it with a Google search "global entry schedule". Maybe this link will work?

https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/schedulerui/...%2F&service=up

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 14, 2018 at 3:06 pm Reason: Housekeeping after message relocation
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:00 am

RIC has very spotty availability; I think it's listed as a seasonal facility. I managed to get a mid-August appointment (about 7 weeks out from approval), but when I looked later on for potential earlier dates, everything was filled up. IAD has some pretty quick availability right now, about a week out.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by JAGorham
RIC has very spotty availability; I think it's listed as a seasonal facility. I managed to get a mid-August appointment (about 7 weeks out from approval), but when I looked later on for potential earlier dates, everything was filled up. IAD has some pretty quick availability right now, about a week out.
If you're willing to drive as far as IAD, the Washington, DC, Enrollment Center at the Ronald Reagan Building is within similar driving distance and the reported walk-in interview success rate there is 100% (check the wiki in this thread).
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Moderator's Action

For indexing and future search purposes, recent posts discussing the hours of operation of a Global Entry Enrollment Center, which had nothing to do with appointment availability, were moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
If you're willing to drive as far as IAD, the Washington, DC, Enrollment Center at the Ronald Reagan Building is within similar driving distance and the reported walk-in interview success rate there is 100% (check the wiki in this thread).
Thanks for the heads up. I went that route today, was in and out of the office in 35 minutes, with only 5 of that for the interview. Already received approval notice by the time I got home.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by JAGorham
Thanks for the heads up. I went that route today, was in and out of the office in 35 minutes, with only 5 of that for the interview. Already received approval notice by the time I got home.
Glad it worked out for you. Mind sharing what time you got there, in order that I can add that datapoint to the wiki in the Walk-In Interviews thread?

Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Glad it worked out for you. Mind sharing what time you got there, in order that I can add that datapoint to the wiki in the Walk-In Interviews thread?

Thanks
Yes. I got into the office at 11:10 and was out the door at 11:45.

It should be noted that when I got there, there was only one person ahead of me; by the time I left, there were 20 in there. Obviously, they took the appointments first as they showed up. I'd say more than half of the folks there were walk-ins.

And, just for grins, the hardest question I got in the interview was "who's going to start at quarterback at Alabama this year" -- I had on a Bama shirt, and the officer was an LSU alum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.